Page 147 of 217 FirstFirst ... 4797137142143144145146147148149150151152157197 ... LastLast
Results 2,921 to 2,940 of 4339
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rproussel View Post
    If i made a donations for the 1st version, am I required to donate again to get the newest version?
    no
    I'm having a tough time installing "My Tether" How do you root into the Pre? I'm in the DevMode.....not sure what is next?? I tryed to follow what is below.
    I did a $15 donation also to find help. Can anyone help??? My Email is inflt2@aol.com

Latest version: My Tether 1.5.0 & TetherService 0.5.0

You need root to install this app, but after installing you shouldn't need to root or ssh in to do anything else to make this app work.

Previous versions of this app required webosinternals.services to be installed. This was ok, but it allowed any WebOS application on your Pre to run root commands. To close that "hole" I've made my own service to handle tethering functions.

New In 1.5.0
    Removed dependency on webosinternals.services
    Added dashboard notifications on status of WiFi Tethering
    New Launcher icon by TavisJohn
    App remembers last tether option & opens to same one
    Cleaned up tether output & general UI to be more user friendly
    Security & added robustness in the backend

Instructions (version 1.5.0):
    Root into your Pre and paste this one liner into your terminal:

Code:
    wget -qO- http://vz.aonic.net/pre/my.tether.install | /bin/sh
    Quote Originally Posted by inflt2 View Post
    I'm having a tough time installing "My Tether" How do you root into the Pre? I'm in the DevMode.....not sure what is next?? I tryed to follow what is below.
    I did a $15 donation also to find help. Can anyone help??? My Email is inflt2@aol.com

You need root to install this app, but after installing you shouldn't need to root or ssh in to do anything else to make this app work.

Previous versions of this app required webosinternals.services to be installed. This was ok, but it allowed any WebOS application on your Pre to run root commands. To close that "hole" I've made my own service to handle tethering functions.

New In 1.5.0

Code:
    u can add that code to the linux commandline in quick install u dont have to manually root ur pre anymore
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

I did a $15 donation also to find help.
    Well, there is an easy-to-use free installer here, though considering you bought the paid version the developer should have given you access to his 2.x installer
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Well, there is an easy-to-use free installer here, though considering you bought the paid version the developer should have given you access to his 2.x installer

New In 1.5.0

Code:

tru didnt realize he said he donated...u can download the exe installer hook up ur pre click install and its done!
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by shallow01 View Post
    Umm, whut?
    Its an amazingly easy process and well worth $15 dollars to have a mobile hotspot in your pocket when on the go.
    Well, it wasn't for me--or a lot of other people. Based on many of the posts on here and the My Tether site, at least 50% of the people have problems installing and using this.

I use a Mac, so it might be a little different for me. I spent at LEAST 8 hours reading forums and playing with my Pre including changing some of the code in the installer to get this to work. Even after all of that, I can only use My Tether via Bluetooth and not WiFi. That's absolutely fine with me and serves my purposes completely.

It's a great program that I would probably pay twice, if not three times, as much for. My complaint is that I paid money to someone that offered me zero support. Any help that I received came from other donors that had figured things out before me. I don't mind paying premium money for something like My Tether, but I think that it should work and that the guy that is profiting from it should be available for support. I emailed him directly and NEVER got a reply. Yes, I did email the email address that he posted earlier in this thread when he claimed someone else that couldn't reach him "must have sent it to the wrong address."

It's hard to not feel a bit bamboozled when you send someone money, try to get a hold of them for support, and never get a reply.

Long post, but in short: good program IF you get it to work. Absolutely no support from the vendor.
    im new with my pre how do i root in my pre? someone help me out
    With the free package installer Jason put out do I still need to enable DHCP? If so do I need to root in to that part still?
    Quote Originally Posted by ebsjas View Post
    After a donation is made how long will it take to be able to down load the application?

Thank you for any help
    Going on over (3) weeks for me. No replies to (3) emails, and (2) PMs here. I've requested a refund from PayPal.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigpoppi616 View Post
    im new with my pre how do i root in my pre? someone help me out
    u dont need to root anymore
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by junkstream View Post
    Well, it wasn't for me--or a lot of other people. Based on many of the posts on here and the My Tether site, at least 50% of the people have problems installing and using this.

I use a Mac, so it might be a little different for me. I spent at LEAST 8 hours reading forums and playing with my Pre including changing some of the code in the installer to get this to work. Even after all of that, I can only use My Tether via Bluetooth and not WiFi. That's absolutely fine with me and serves my purposes completely.

It's a great program that I would probably pay twice, if not three times, as much for. My complaint is that I paid money to someone that offered me zero support. Any help that I received came from other donors that had figured things out before me. I don't mind paying premium money for something like My Tether, but I think that it should work and that the guy that is profiting from it should be available for support. I emailed him directly and NEVER got a reply. Yes, I did email the email address that he posted earlier in this thread when he claimed someone else that couldn't reach him "must have sent it to the wrong address."

It's hard to not feel a bit bamboozled when you send someone money, try to get a hold of them for support, and never get a reply.

Long post, but in short: good program IF you get it to work. Absolutely no support from the vendor.
    Hey I feel your Pain, I just gave up and used the free version through Preware
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Hey guys I have a bit of an issue i just bought a psp go and i want to tether it to my pre via bluetooth, i searched forums on this topic, and i see that you need to download drivers on your pc to get bluetooth tethering to work. I can pair my psp go to the pre but i cant connect get an internet connection. What i do is enable usb tethering on MyTether and turn my bluetooth on, but like I said that doesnt work at all. Does anyone know how to enable bluetooth tethering to a psp go. If you have any help to offer, It would be very much appreciated.
    I'm a new computer user and can't get My Tether software (from my donation) to load. I keep getting an unintended exception 127.0.0.1:0. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bez787 View Post
    Hey guys I have a bit of an issue i just bought a psp go and i want to tether it to my pre via bluetooth, i searched forums on this topic, and i see that you need to download drivers on your pc to get bluetooth tethering to work. I can pair my psp go to the pre but i cant connect get an internet connection. What i do is enable usb tethering on MyTether and turn my bluetooth on, but like I said that doesnt work at all. Does anyone know how to enable bluetooth tethering to a psp go. If you have any help to offer, It would be very much appreciated.

I've been trying to get help on this issue since I first got the GO, and no one seems to care, even try to help.

Ive even asked Aonic, i guess hes in charge of mytehter, and posted on mytether.net and havent heard anything back from him.

To any other potential GO buyers... DONT BUY MY TETHER for use with the Go. Its doesnt work and you will waste your money like i did.
    Is there a way to keep the wifi active even after the screen goes dark (i assume sleep mode) I loose the connection whenever this happens?
    ^use the homebrew app called "NoDoze."
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Miwo86 View Post
    Is there a way to keep the wifi active even after the screen goes dark (i assume sleep mode) I loose the connection whenever this happens?
    The donation version that I use has an option to do this. Tap LCD button and then "Turn Off Timer & LCD".
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by galavanter; 10/19/2009 at 07:00 PM.
    thanks brooo
    Thanks Jason I'm back in the zone.
    Yet another happy customer here. Had my reply and info within minutes, thansk for all your work on this guys. Much appreciated.

DJ