Page 146 of 217 FirstFirst ... 4696136141142143144145146147148149150151156196 ... LastLast
Results 2,901 to 2,920 of 4339
    After rooting your phone for this app does it return to unrooted or is it always in danger of causing problems?
    I'm rather confused. Does My Tether V1.5.0 work on web os 1.2.1? If so, does it require rooting? Does WiFi hotspot work (truning your phone's EVDO connection into a WiFi hotspot that you can connect to using your computer)? Do I just need the My Tether ipk, or do i need additional packages to make it work? I see lots of information in the forum just not a whole lot of consistency.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miwo86 View Post
    I'm rather confused. Does My Tether V1.5.0 work on web os 1.2.1? If so, does it require rooting? Does WiFi hotspot work (truning your phone's EVDO connection into a WiFi hotspot that you can connect to using your computer)? Do I just need the My Tether ipk, or do i need additional packages to make it work? I see lots of information in the forum just not a whole lot of consistency.
    Jason has packaged an installer to do this here. Skip back up to Post #1 in the same thread for a manual method (and more details) for doing what the installer automatically does.
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    Awesome. Thank you for the reply!
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    I tried to use mine today and it doesn't work... haven't used it in a while but needed it today and nothing
    I AM A PROUD DONATOR...

Donated to this early on just on the principle alone that this was, at the time, probably the best, and first useful PRE app (in my opinion)

Stop whining about price, and all the other complaints if you don't like it, don't use it
    Quote Originally Posted by crossweb View Post
    I AM A PROUD PURCHASER...

Bought this early on just on the principle alone that this was, at the time, probably the best, and first useful PRE app (in my opinion)

Stop whining about price, and all the other complaints if you don't like it, don't buy it
    FTFY.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Funny, all you have to do is put your phone in dev mode and connect to computer. Hit install on the installer and reset phone. Done! Very easy. I could care less about donating or paid version! I gladly paid for this app, as its the best one on the palm pre hand down.
    Quote Originally Posted by vman77 View Post
    Funny, all you have to do is put your phone in dev mode and connect to computer. Hit install on the installer and reset phone. Done! Very easy. I could care less about donating or paid version! I gladly paid for this app, as its the best one on the palm pre hand down.
    +1
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Not everyone understands the MyTether licensing problem, and even if they did, not everyone has the same moral compass. If you don't care about the ethical issue here and want to pay $15 for WEP and custom SSID support, go for it; at least you get some new features with your purchase.

But some people are happy with the features previously available in the FREE version and became upset when Palm broke wireless tethering support in WebOS 1.2. Jason and I released a FREE patch to get it working again. That's all. Christ, some of you are acting like this personally offends you or you get kickbacks from MyTether referrals. This isn't piracy, we didn't touch the MyTether 1.5 code (which again, is FREE and still available from mytether.net); we patched PALM'S wifi driver to reenable a feature PALM took out. Sheesh.
    I just recently down loaded Preware and installed MyTether 1.5.o from it. I worked on my phone accept every time phone would go into SLEEP mode. Then I noticed a program called "Nodoze". I installed it and ran it, initiated MyTether and BAM it works awesome!
    Is this a a accidental function or is this a proper way to run this setup? I been reading allot of replies about a Free Version vs a Pay Version. Any input on my setup would be appreciated
    @rifletotinbadboy
    Your setup is good!
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Thanks my friend!
    Global Posts
    596 Global Posts
    i gladly donated, I like knowing i have WEP security.
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    I Happily donated! This is an awesome App feature that could otherwise potentially cost the purchase of an additional service plan and piece of equipment to do what it does.
    And using it in conjunction with nodoze is a good setup.
    Life is good wifi is shut off on the laptop and I'm online.

http://www.speedtest.net/result/594572159.png
    Hi,

I'm a happy donator to this author. Love the app!

It works well on WiFi, so I decided to try BT. Got the following problem:

II first turned on the BT on the phone, then on my Mac started the paring process. I was able to complete the pairing.

I then started the Mac Bluetootn PAN network, and it successfully connected. However, when I tried to go to a web site, I get an authentication error on the Pre saying that it wasn't allowed by Sprint.

In response to a much earlier posting, this DOES block me from accessing the net. Curiously enough, DNS lookup still worked, probably because it was using the Pre as a DNS server.

Also, on the MyTether screen, I don't see any option to configure the BT. Not sure anything is supposed to be there, but I thought it might have a config page.

HELP!!!!!!

Thanks in advance.

JBB
    Last edited by linuxgurugamer; 10/17/2009 at 09:06 AM. Reason: Additional information
    Is anyone else having a problem getting to the MyTether forum? I have the donor version but it cannot download the IPK from MyTether.
    After a donation is made how long will it take to be able to down load the application?

Thank you for any help
    Quote Originally Posted by 97rr View Post
    Is anyone else having a problem getting to the MyTether forum? I have the donor version but it cannot download the IPK from MyTether.
    yeah his site is down