Page 143 of 217 FirstFirst ... 4393133138139140141142143144145146147148153193 ... LastLast
Results 2,841 to 2,860 of 4339
    i'd like to try out this app, but can't get 1.5 to work. i have everything installed correctly via preware. i can launch the app, which indicates that the network is called AoNet. i've gone to my computer's setting and explicitly tell it to connect to AoNet, but it just won't connect.

Is anyone else having problem using 1.5?
    we at radio shack tried this on our store pre and actally the one person that wanted to perform this lil project went to school for IT and when he did it messed up the tethering !!! no wifi, but bluetooth and usb work, any reason for this u know of? also now Preware gives an error downloading anything, as well for deleting anything on the pre itself. it just errors??? it worked before just fine, then... THE DAMN UPDATE TO THE OS, and it stoped working? also when using nodoz, it loads up and then gives the following error ( com.palm.connectionmanager is not running ) this only happens when tethering, either usb or bluetooth, is active? can you give some advice on what to do?
    p.s. so far the expirence ive personally had with you app has been great, you have a great app and we would like to continue using it thanks!

the shack geeks
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    When tethering, some apps can't connect to the interweb and others can.

When tethering, I can't open a browser page, but m:vampire still works and updates my stats on FB.

not sure if that helps or if it's totally irrelevant. But maybe it sheds a little light.
    Has anyone received a message from Palm saying: Your carrier does not allow internet sharing. Call Sprint for more information.
    Quote Originally Posted by Forever92 View Post
    So the only way My tether will work is if I donate and get the upto date version? I haven't been able to get the current (1.5?) one to work.
    Quote Originally Posted by un_designer View Post
    i'd like to try out this app, but can't get 1.5 to work. i have everything installed correctly via preware. i can launch the app, which indicates that the network is called AoNet. i've gone to my computer's setting and explicitly tell it to connect to AoNet, but it just won't connect.

Is anyone else having problem using 1.5?
    Wifi tethering only works in the door version. Palm disabled the ability for ad hocin teir newest updates. But the dev fixed it for mytether 2.0.2 which is donor onlyy. 1.5 usb and bt tethering should work fine
    MatterOfFactJack
    Ok, so how do you set up USBnet?

Am I screwed because I'm on Vista (non-64?) I assumed I'd just use the XP driver.

Anyway, I was trying to follow these.

USBnet networking setup - WebOS Internals

I don't have the option to "install drivers manually" thanks to Vista.

Windows XP usbnet - GumstixDocsWiki
    Quote Originally Posted by Westsideox2 View Post
    we at radio shack tried this on our store pre and actally the one person that wanted to perform this lil project went to school for IT and when he did it messed up the tethering !!! no wifi, but bluetooth and usb work, any reason for this u know of? also now Preware gives an error downloading anything, as well for deleting anything on the pre itself. it just errors??? it worked before just fine, then... THE DAMN UPDATE TO THE OS, and it stoped working? also when using nodoz, it loads up and then gives the following error ( com.palm.connectionmanager is not running ) this only happens when tethering, either usb or bluetooth, is active? can you give some advice on what to do?
    p.s. so far the expirence ive personally had with you app has been great, you have a great app and we would like to continue using it thanks!

the shack geeks
    User error my friend ... Make sure when wifi tethering your pre is charging or screen is not going off keep in mind webos 1.2.0/1.2.1 does not support wifi tethering when using mytether 1.5.0 since palm turned disabled ad-hoc you will need donor version 2.0.2 to be able to wifi tether. When usb tethering make sure you have usbnet turned on as well as have the right driver installed on your computer. when tethering is turned on internet for most of the stock applications becomes disabled when tethering is turned on because it stops the connection manager. you have to hit off switch on the mytether to re-enable connection manager closing the app still keeps tethering on.
    Quote Originally Posted by drewp View Post
    When tethering, some apps can't connect to the interweb and others can.

When tethering, I can't open a browser page, but m:vampire still works and updates my stats on FB.

not sure if that helps or if it's totally irrelevant. But maybe it sheds a little light.
    it seems like stopping connection manager disabled internet for the stock apps in my experince such as browser and email.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenyon4us2002 View Post
    Has anyone received a message from Palm saying: Your carrier does not allow internet sharing. Call Sprint for more information.
    Yes it is normal when Bluetooth tethering it doesn't mean anything its a scare sprint made palm put on the device just ignore it.
    MatterOfFactJack
    Quote Originally Posted by spud101 View Post
    Continuing my quest for a working Outlook - Pre sync solution (while no access to EAS or Wifi) I was wondering whether MyTether might be the solution??

Can you somehow trick PocketMirror/MissingSync to think it has a wifi connection with your desktop while it actually is using bluetooth or USB???
    I dont see why not. i have not used pocketMirror or missingsync so i dunno how the settings are but if you just have to point it to the direction of an ip you can definitely point it to the IP your pre gets when tethering its the same ip as the default gateway assigned to your computer when tethering with the pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by precntrl View Post
    or you could not pay the 15 dollar mandatory "donation" and just use 1.5 and tether fine...

maybe i'll use that money to "donate" to the gas station for some gas
    i sure hope you are not taking mytether for granted considering the dev doesn't owe anyone a free mytether now does he? but yes you are right you can tether using 1.5 just fine

Quote Originally Posted by tfpre View Post
    after i put the phone in deveoper mode and restarted the phone, Vista attempted to install novacom, but it failed / could not find the software.

Can anyone tell me how to get past this?

Thanks.
    thats odd... you can try installing the entire SDK
    MatterOfFactJack
    Global Posts
    254 Global Posts
    Has anyone heard from aonic recently? I've sent a few emails/PMs and no response (donated over a week ago now).
  10.    #2850  
    Quote Originally Posted by sushi View Post
    Has anyone heard from aonic recently? I've sent a few emails/PMs and no response (donated over a week ago now).
    Probably emailed me to the wrong address! The one I check the most is raja [dot] kapur [at] gmail [dot] com.

Just email me there and I'll re-send the 'thank you' email.
    My Tether - version 2.1.0 now live. No patching, no ad-hoc, more features!
    Quote Originally Posted by aonic View Post
    Probably emailed me to the wrong address! The one I check the most is raja [dot] kapur [at] gmail [dot] com.

Aonic - Any word on compatibility with the PSP Go?
    Global Posts
    254 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aonic View Post

Sent - thanks!
    Since the current version of MyTether now distributes a GPLed program (specifically the Marvell sd8xxx wifi driver), are we going to see the source freely released?
    Quote-Jack87- (User error my friend ... Make sure when wifi tethering your pre is charging or screen is not going off keep in mind webos 1.2.0/1.2.1 does not support wifi tethering when using mytether 1.5.0 since palm turned disabled ad-hoc you will need donor version 2.0.2 to be able to wifi tether. When usb tethering make sure you have usbnet turned on as well as have the right driver installed on your computer. when tethering is turned on internet for most of the stock applications becomes disabled when tethering is turned on because it stops the connection manager. you have to hit off switch on the mytether to re-enable connection manager closing the app still keeps tethering on.)

sry my friend but after i posted this i erased everything off the pre and started fresh, first of all there is no user error, my friend, this can be explained by one thing and one thing only, bad apps from others that get messed up when updated!! some of the apps that were installed on the pre hade bad programming and when we rooted the pre those programs didnt fail and noting was wrong, untill the update and then two of the patches messed up the entire file system! and another thing i know how the app <tethering> works i know it in and out, everthing about the program im not a newbe i was simply wondering ifthe programer could give some feedback on if there was a possible way to get around starting over and if i knew linux id be right next to aonic brainstorming with him bout an app i want to create myself, bhecause this is one of the best apps out there!!!
    thanks Aonic for a great very usefull app its a life saver as well as a money saver for myself with my pre since i have unlimited data<not the bs 5 gs haha>therefore i dont have to pay for overpriced cable ill be making a donation here in a few days and cant wait to get away from the damn bt haha its a pain i need my wifi for my touch

thanks again aonic
    Last edited by Westsideox2; 10/08/2009 at 09:15 PM. Reason: wrong quote sry
    Quote-Jack87- (User error my friend ... Make sure when wifi tethering your pre is charging or screen is not going off keep in mind webos 1.2.0/1.2.1 does not support wifi tethering when using mytether 1.5.0 since palm turned disabled ad-hoc you will need donor version 2.0.2 to be able to wifi tether. When usb tethering make sure you have usbnet turned on as well as have the right driver installed on your computer. when tethering is turned on internet for most of the stock applications becomes disabled when tethering is turned on because it stops the connection manager. you have to hit off switch on the mytether to re-enable connection manager closing the app still keeps tethering on.)

sry my friend but after i posted this i erased everything off the pre and started fresh, first of all there is no user error, my friend, this can be explained by one thing and one thing only, bad apps from others that get messed up when updated!! some of the apps that were installed on the pre hade bad programming and when we rooted the pre those programs didnt fail and noting was wrong, untill the update and then two of the patches messed up the entire file system! and another thing i know how the app <tethering> works i know it in and out, everthing about the program im not a newbe i was simply wondering ifthe programer could give some feedback on if there was a possible way to get around starting over and if i knew linux id be right next to aonic brainstorming with him bout an app i want to create myself, bhecause this is one of the best apps out there!!!
    thanks Aonic for a great very usefull app its a life saver as well as a money saver for myself with my pre since i have unlimited data<not the bs 5 gs haha>therefore i dont have to pay for overpriced cable ill be making a donation here in a few days and cant wait to get away from the damn bt haha its a pain i need my wifi for my touch

thanks again aonic
    Right... good luck to you...

But i do have a question i am so confused is it called the shack now or radio shack I cant figure it out. Considering you probably know about that quit a bit.
    Last edited by jack87; 10/09/2009 at 12:05 PM.
    MatterOfFactJack
    Ok 1st off i need to say i loved this when it worked so here is the thing i had it in my phone once i updated the phone and tryed to reinstall it and that works now here is the problem its all works but my computer does not see the connection i see all the networks but not AoNet can any one tell me what happened????
    What a great "RobinHood" story you are living here. Perhaps you can further "give back" to the internet community by running some bit torrents! Please, also don't forget to treat yourself: You should also stream your favorite TV shows now that you don't have cable anymore and you can use some of the money you save to purchase some internet TV appliances and stream your favorite shows in every room where you are used to watching TV. This would allow you to stick it to the cable company even more (but I don't need to suggest this things to you, I'm sure you are already have such a plan at least partially executed). Your cell provider is probably too rich anyway, and I'm sure they are willing to provide you with 100% of your internet service for free. Don't worry if the cell provider finds out and charges you - I'm sure you can start a thread with a donate button and many will help to bail you out!
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    Here's how to get wifi working again with the free version of MyTether.

Connect your Pre in dev mode to your computer
    1) Download the old driver
    2) Open up WebOS Quick Install and choose "Send File" from the Tools menu
    3) Browse to where you saved sd8xxx.ko
    4) Paste the following line in Destination Folder:
    /lib/modules/2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430/kernel/net/wifi/
    5) Click Send to Device and reboot your Pre when it's done (Sym+Orange+R)

Install the old version of MyTether, or if it's already installed, ad-hoc wifi should work again.

Edit: And again, the paid version of MyTether has to install the same driver to provide wireless tethering in 1.2. Since the driver is licensed under the GPL (proof), the MyTether dev either needs to GPL probably at least the adhoc wifi portions of his own app since it's considered a collective work under the license terms, or he needs to write his own wifi driver. Currently I'm almost positive this app is violating copyright.
    Last edited by Leathal; 10/09/2009 at 11:03 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by bclancy View Post
    What a great "RobinHood" story you are living here. Perhaps you can further "give back" to the internet community by running some bit torrents! Please, also don't forget to treat yourself: You should also stream your favorite TV shows now that you don't have cable anymore and you can use some of the money you save to purchase some internet TV appliances and stream your favorite shows in every room where you are used to watching TV. This would allow you to stick it to the cable company even more (but I don't need to suggest this things to you, I'm sure you are already have such a plan at least partially executed). Your cell provider is probably too rich anyway, and I'm sure they are willing to provide you with 100% of your internet service for free. Don't worry if the cell provider finds out and charges you - I'm sure you can start a thread with a donate button and many will help to bail you out!
    Couldnt have said it better myself.... But only if i understood the app as much as he does. maybe i could get a chance to brainstorm with Aonic.

Quote Originally Posted by Leathal View Post
    Here's how to get wifi working again with the free version of MyTether.

Connect your Pre in dev mode to your computer
    1) Download the old driver
    2) Open up WebOS Quick Install and choose "Send File" from the Tools menu
    3) Browse to where you saved sd8xxx.ko
    4) Paste the following line in Destination Folder:
    /lib/modules/2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430/kernel/net/wifi/
    5) Click Send to Device and reboot your Pre when it's done (Sym+Orange+R)
    i know for a fact it is not replacing the default driver put on the device by the new webOS update. the way you suggest to replace it entirely might not be the best idea in the world considering it may creat some conflict with apps in the future if they specifically rely on wifi (when not on evdo) that may require the newer driver. also can cause harm during an official update just like any other patch or editing of system files.
    Last edited by jack87; 10/09/2009 at 01:24 PM.
    MatterOfFactJack
  20.    #2860  
    Quote Originally Posted by Seraphemz View Post
    Aonic - Any word on compatibility with the PSP Go?
    No word, dont have a PSP Go to test with either
    My Tether - version 2.1.0 now live. No patching, no ad-hoc, more features!