Page 142 of 217 FirstFirst ... 4292132137138139140141142143144145146147152192 ... LastLast
Results 2,821 to 2,840 of 4339
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jack87 View Post
    mytether uses adhoc for tethering there for some devices do not see adhoc (peer to peer) networks
    I'm kinda dopey when it comes to this, so please excuse the stupidity of this question, but is there any way mytether could use a different method for tethering that would allow a wider range of devices to work? I figured that since my Zune HD can find and connect to my wireless router on my computer that it would work through MyTether.
    Last edited by Eazy123; 10/06/2009 at 12:54 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy123 View Post
    I'm kinda dopey when it comes to this, so please excuse the stupidity of this question, but is there any way mytether could use a different method for tethering that would allow a wider range of devices to work? I figured that since my Zune HD can find and connect to my wireless router on my computer that it would work through MyTether.
    at the moment web os drivers do not support any other way of broadcasting wifi other then ad hoc sadly. i believe aonic has been looking into a solution but till then mytether works for adhoc supported devices it was designed as a tethering application for computers
    MatterOfFactJack
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    at the moment web os drivers do not support any other way of broadcasting wifi other then ad hoc sadly. i believe aonic has been looking into a solution but till then mytether works for adhoc supported devices it was designed as a tethering application for computers
    Ah, I see. Still money well spent IMO, this is a great application and sooner or later I'm going to find it a lifesaver.
    my ipod touch finds it with no problems
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    When I had the original version of MyTether, it found my touch with no issues either. Make sure the screen on the Pre is lit up when your Touch is searching for AoNet.
    that is very odd ipod touch does support adhoc i have tethered with ipod touch aswell as friends iphone using my pre worked fine. maybe there is some sort of setting on the ipod disabling adhoc networks?
    actually... I don't get it now. I can't connect to anything when tethering. My laptop will show an unsecured adhoc but when I connect it says "waiting for people to connect". That tells me that the laptop is broadcasting not the pre.

I appologise for may brief reply but i'm on my pre now.

thanks for the help though.
    my usb tethering wont work, any help?
    Quote Originally Posted by Forever92 View Post
    actually... I don't get it now. I can't connect to anything when tethering. My laptop will show an unsecured adhoc but when I connect it says "waiting for people to connect". That tells me that the laptop is broadcasting not the pre.

I appologise for may brief reply but i'm on my pre now.

thanks for the help though.
    that makes better sense... donor version should work
    MatterOfFactJack
    just donated! thanks for the program just was wondering if this is a one time fee or is it a fee every time there is an update to web os?
    thanks again
    Thanks for the info, I took a screen grab for reference.

drop.io jamesmcraig
    Hope this works better than that last post. Image of Bluetooth Thether Notice.

Unknown_2009-06-10_151929.jpg
    I have the same question as above, is this a one time fee, or do we need to donate again for the next version of MyTether?
    I just ordered a Pre and was wondering how well the donor version of MyTether works with Win Vista 64-bit and Bluetooth which is what my laptop has. How easy is it to use the installer? What other programs do you need besides the installer? Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by smitty9211 View Post
    just donated! thanks for the program just was wondering if this is a one time fee or is it a fee every time there is an update to web os?
    thanks again
    Quote Originally Posted by uscoastiee View Post
    I have the same question as above, is this a one time fee, or do we need to donate again for the next version of MyTether?
    as far as i know it is a one time since they are considered to be a donation i have not seen aonic charge for updates so no need toworry about contributing again unless you want to.
    Quote Originally Posted by doctorzeph View Post
    I just ordered a Pre and was wondering how well the donor version of MyTether works with Win Vista 64-bit and Bluetooth which is what my laptop has. How easy is it to use the installer? What other programs do you need besides the installer? Thanks.
    it should work just fine for all three methods of tethering and the installer is as simple as punching konami code plugging pre into usb port and running a very easy exe installer
    Last edited by jack87; 10/07/2009 at 01:44 AM.
    MatterOfFactJack
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    I just updated to the newest release. My UBS does not work (I don't know if its my fault or how it works) But fortunately WI-FI works and that's all I care about.

How do I get Bluetooth to work? I don't see the option for it on MyTether.
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gianny View Post
    I just updated to the newest release. My UBS does not work (I don't know if its my fault or how it works) But fortunately WI-FI works and that's all I care about.

Be sure that you have USB-NET.inf running in your computer. NO yellow exclamation on device manager.

How do I get Bluetooth to work? I don't see the option for it on MyTether.
    Keeping your Pre as a USB mode.
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    Continuing my quest for a working Outlook - Pre sync solution (while no access to EAS or Wifi) I was wondering whether MyTether might be the solution??

Can you somehow trick PocketMirror/MissingSync to think it has a wifi connection with your desktop while it actually is using bluetooth or USB???
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    as far as i know it is a one time since they are considered to be a donation i have not seen aonic charge for updates so no need toworry about contributing again unless you want to.
    or you could not pay the 15 dollar mandatory "donation" and just use 1.5 and tether fine...

maybe i'll use that money to "donate" to the gas station for some gas
    after i put the phone in deveoper mode and restarted the phone, Vista attempted to install novacom, but it failed / could not find the software.

Can anyone tell me how to get past this?

Thanks.
    that makes better sense... donor version should work
    So the only way My tether will work is if I donate and get the upto date version? I haven't been able to get the current (1.5?) one to work.