Page 141 of 217 FirstFirst ... 4191131136137138139140141142143144145146151191 ... LastLast
Results 2,801 to 2,820 of 4339
    I loved having "My Tether" on my Pre, but after the system update, it is not working at all, my laptop can never find the signal.
    Is there something else I should be doing, or am I just to give up on the wonderful tool?
    I'm able to connect to my Pre following the update with My Tether... but it doesn't seem to provide me with a gateway/DNS server address... just an IP address. Admittedly, I nothing nothing about Ad Hoc wifi... is there something I need to do on my end?

Thanks for any insight.
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    I work on sets in and around Hollywood and mytether has been invaluable on location and on the road. I use mytether with my MacBook Pro (OS X 10.6) and have been able to have others connect also. This app is worth every penny. Probably my most used app next to preware.

Check to see if you are running the latest version 2.0.2 (Paid) of mytether, and update it if you are not.
    I'm hoping to see a new patch in the patch feed of webos quick install to see the free version wifi drivers patched. I'd do it myself but I'm pretty lazy. :]
    Originally posted by dkotoric1:
    . . .Ya but the original FREE version released by aionic himself suported wifi so I don't see why he wouldn't update this version, but anyway as far as whats worth what, if it was a app I used all the time it would be worth it but I use it for like 5 or 10 minutes once a month so its NOT worth to me to donate for something like that. If I was paying for an app where I have legal rights maybe I would pay for it eventhough I don't use it allot but since its a illegal app and he can NOT really sell it so he has made a mendatory donation which is really paying for it but with no rights.
    Ok, the app isn't worth it to you. Good enough. My point was simply that I don't think any other developer would touch Aonic's work and update it if the free version that Aonic supplied stops doing Wi-Fi.
    I was using my thether this afternoon via BlueTooth, and a message popped up stating that internet sharing was not allowed and I should contact sprint. I had to hit a large OK button to dissmiss the notice. Has this happened to anyone else?
    Quote Originally Posted by housetube View Post
    I was using my thether this afternoon via BlueTooth, and a message popped up stating that internet sharing was not allowed and I should contact sprint. I had to hit a large OK button to dissmiss the notice. Has this happened to anyone else?
    ur probably using it to much..should of put a screenshot
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

first day of use, and it wasn't heavy. I was filling out an online health care form for work, no downloads. I was online for only a half hour or so. I should have got a screen shoot, I didn't think to at the time.
    first day of use, and it wasn't heavy. I was filling out an online health care form for work, no downloads. I was online for only a half hour or so. I should have got a screen shoot, I didn't think to at the time.
    keep on using mytether and c if it happens again
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

I did exactly what vadimr said to do in post #2728...replaced the wifi driver with one from verison 1.1 and AONET was back in business. He's the man!
    Quote Originally Posted by nikelsanddimes View Post
    How did you fix yours? Was USB the only other option then the paid. Please let me know.

Thanks!
    Marcy
    I did exactly what vadimr said to do in post #2728...replaced the wifi driver with one from verison 1.1 and AONET was back in business. He's the man!

Forgive the double post...just learning how to use this forum stuff...not much of a poster myself.
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    how do i donate to get the new version?
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    I just donated to get the latest version of MyTether, and am disappointed to find that doing a scan for a wi-fi signal with the Walkman X Series picks up AoNet fine, yet my Zune HD and Nintendo DSi aren't picking up my Pre at all. Any suggestions?
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    I installed version 1.5, it lets me connect to the AoNet wifi but local only, no internet. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I followed all the steps in the installation walk through in the beginning of the thread.
    Last edited by Flhd; 10/05/2009 at 11:09 PM.
    650700p755pPre
    Will MyTether allow the pre to work as a wifi card? For example, at home I have a desktop and would like to use my home wireless on my desktop through my pre incase I use it too much it doesn't affect my sprint acct.. And will probably be faster with my cable internet at home? Does anyone know if this program is capable of doing that?
    Quote Originally Posted by douknowme12321 View Post
    Will MyTether allow the pre to work as a wifi card? For example, at home I have a desktop and would like to use my home wireless on my desktop through my pre incase I use it too much it doesn't affect my sprint acct.. And will probably be faster with my cable internet at home? Does anyone know if this program is capable of doing that?
    it makes ur pre throw out a wifi signal that can be recived by other pcs as if it were a shared internet. so to speak. basically share ur pre's net
    its a router for ur pre's net. not a router for other internet signals
    I can't get my ipod Touch to see my pre via my tether. (I suppose it's not a big deal, just testing it)
    I get that message everytime I disable tethering after use. I just dismiss and nothing bad ever happens I'm still using the free version from preware on WebOS 1.2.1.
    very much normal when BT tethering its not a message from sprint but a message on the phone just ignore it. to scare people not to tether.

Quote Originally Posted by mhicksmi View Post
    I loved having "My Tether" on my Pre, but after the system update, it is not working at all, my laptop can never find the signal.
    Is there something else I should be doing, or am I just to give up on the wonderful tool?
    donor version works... My Tether : Tethering for Palm Pre - turn your Palm Pre into 3G WiFi router! you will need to donate

Quote Originally Posted by mileslong View Post
    how do i donate to get the new version?
    My Tether : Tethering for Palm Pre - turn your Palm Pre into 3G WiFi router!

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy123 View Post
    I just donated to get the latest version of MyTether, and am disappointed to find that doing a scan for a wi-fi signal with the Walkman X Series picks up AoNet fine, yet my Zune HD and Nintendo DSi aren't picking up my Pre at all. Any suggestions?
    mytether uses adhoc for tethering there for some devices do not see adhoc (peer to peer) networks

Quote Originally Posted by Flhd View Post
    I installed version 1.5, it lets me connect to the AoNet wifi but local only, no internet. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I followed all the steps in the installation walk through in the beginning of the thread.
    unless you had 1.5 running before you updated your pre it shouldnt even show up in your network list. what version of webos are you using. for mytether wifi to work on webos 1.2.x you will need the donor version of mytether found at mytether.net. for some strange reason if it is truly broadcasting wifi than thats weird but make sure you have dhcp turned on in your options
    Quote Originally Posted by douknowme12321 View Post
    yes you can. i cant recall if free version has this option but i know the donor version will allow you to change your options under usb tether mode to grab internet via wifi instead of evdo. you will have to install usbnet drivers on your computer if it is a mac it will not work but most macs have built in wifi so i am guessing thats not the case... but on another note..you can find a usb wifi dongle for way cheap online.... under 20 bucks most of the time. might be worth investing in that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Forever92 View Post
    I can't get my ipod Touch to see my pre via my tether. (I suppose it's not a big deal, just testing it)
    that is very odd ipod touch does support adhoc i have tethered with ipod touch aswell as friends iphone using my pre worked fine. maybe there is some sort of setting on the ipod disabling adhoc networks?
    MatterOfFactJack