Page 140 of 217 FirstFirst ... 4090130135136137138139140141142143144145150190 ... LastLast
Results 2,781 to 2,800 of 4339
    Global Posts
    254 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jewel View Post
    How much do you pay for this app?
    15 is the donation amount (give or take a few pennies).
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltcreep View Post
    I installed a previous version of MyTether, but 1.2 jacked my device, so I got an instore exchange.

I came back to get this homebrew again, which I paid for the first time. Is it no longer possible to install via webos quick install? Is it root only now? I could've sworn it was a no-root before, no? Also, do I have to pay for it again?

Any answers are appreciated. I did try reading back through this thread, and just got lost...
    the free version has always been root. Jason created a none root ipk of the free version as an installer which is not supported by the Dev of mytether. it seems to work for some not for others (this is the version floating around in preware)

however there is a none root simple installer/updater for mytether in the donor forum at My Tether : Tethering for Palm Pre - turn your Palm Pre into 3G WiFi router! if you have donated you should have access to the donor forum.

as for the free version floating around on preware as well as fallowing the instructions on this OP... Wifi tethering does not work on web os 1.2.0 and beyond because palm disabled it. but it has been fixed for the donor version of mytether.
    MatterOfFactJack
    I called sprint and they said that the phone couldn't do that. As a PDA, I thought that it could. So when I got wind of this application. I immediately got it downloaded it to the phone and it works like a charm. Thanks again!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by bnite6 View Post
    I called sprint and they said that the phone couldn't do that. As a PDA, I thought that it could. So when I got wind of this application. I immediately got it downloaded it to the phone and it works like a charm. Thanks again!!!
    ya officially it can not and is not suppossed to at all. But this app works wonders just do not abuse your teterig and avoid torrents you could be good.
    MatterOfFactJack
    My tethering was working fine until I updated to 1.2.1, now it says WiFi tethering is on, but my computer doesn't show that it's receiving a signal from it...
    yeah...I'm having the same problem...
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jack87 View Post
    the free version has always been root. Jason created a none root ipk of the free version as an installer which is not supported by the Dev of mytether. it seems to work for some not for others (this is the version floating around in preware)

however there is a none root simple installer/updater for mytether in the donor forum at My Tether : Tethering for Palm Pre - turn your Palm Pre into 3G WiFi router! if you have donated you should have access to the donor forum.

as for the free version floating around on preware as well as fallowing the instructions on this OP... Wifi tethering does not work on web os 1.2.0 and beyond because palm disabled it. but it has been fixed for the donor version of mytether.
    How did Palm disable Wifi? Do you know what files were modified?
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    This may have been answered before, but I've searched multiple times and couldn't find an answer so I apologize if this is a duplicate. Point me in the right direction if this has been answered. Thanks.

I just installed MyTether 2.0.2. I have WiFi working as well as Bluetooth, but I can't get the USB tethering working. I installed the drivers according to the instructions I found here and on WebOS-internals. Everything seems to be working fine, except, a new "Local Area Connection" does NOT show up in "Network Connections". If I open up a command line and check "ipconfig" I do have a "Local Area Connection 4" AND an IP address for my PC for that connection, but there is no connection. I cannot browse the web at all.

I'm running Windows XP SP3.

-Kevin
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Ooh, me likes... This app rox mah sox
    Thanks App Creators...
    Thanx pre for making an OPEN phone!!!
    This is the best thing one could do 2 a phone!
    Just had to say nice job in helping me understand why it doesn't work with WebOS 1.2.1 and how to fix it. Works great again. Well done you!
    For some reason MyTether won't work anymore since I've installed WebOS 1.2. I've tried to uninstall, then reinstall and it still doesn't show up on my MacBook as AoNet under devices. Is there anything else I need to do?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregtorious View Post
    For some reason MyTether won't work anymore since I've installed WebOS 1.2. I've tried to uninstall, then reinstall and it still doesn't show up on my MacBook as AoNet under devices. Is there anything else I need to do?
    If you have the donor version, use the installer to reinstall. If you have the unpaid version, tether was blocked in the last update. Just use the usb.
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    Ok, so say I want to download songs straight to my Zune HD at work, but there's no wi-fi signal here. If I install MyTether, it will let me connect my Zune to their wi-fi marketplace through my phone, then?

And if that's true, it has to be the paid version of MyTether since I'm on OS 1.2.1, correct?
    Quote Originally Posted by KoukiFC3S View Post
    Have you tried it through BT?
    I cant seem to get it to work through BT either.. did you have any luck?
    Quote Originally Posted by bdhu2001 View Post
    If you have the donor version, use the installer to reinstall. If you have the unpaid version, tether was blocked in the last update. Just use the usb.
    Hi, So if i did not want to do the paid version, then USB is the only other option at this time? is that correct? There are not other options to use the tether? I don't mind using the USB if the is the only option but now i will have to install a driver if i am not mistaking? Please get back to me.

Thanks,
    Marcy
    Quote Originally Posted by mcpcartier View Post
    Just had to say nice job in helping me understand why it doesn't work with WebOS 1.2.1 and how to fix it. Works great again. Well done you!
    How did you fix yours? Was USB the only other option then the paid. Please let me know.

Thanks!
    Marcy
    hey folks does anyone know if you can do network sharing on the usb tether..for example like usb works perfect on my PC great connection but when I try to share the network from my PC to my xbox 360 to access xbox live it won't work but it did with no problem with the wifi on webos 1.1 any help ?
    does anyone know if the free versionw ill be updated to support wifi.
    Quote Originally Posted by dkotoric1 View Post
    does anyone know if the free versionw ill be updated to support wifi.
    I don't think anyone is going to step on someone else's work and update it. The developers respect each other too much for that and rightly so.

Remember if you're out and about, it will cost you $10 just to hook up at Star Bucks or Barnes and Noble while you're siping a coffee and reading a book. Hotels charge $10 - $12 a day to paying guest who need internet hook up. Verizion and other cell companies charge a minimum of $10 per month just for the usb tethering ability. Mi-Fi costs $60 per month. If it's not worth $15 to you, your math is skewed.
    Quote Originally Posted by bdhu2001 View Post
    I don't think anyone is going to step on someone else's work and update it. The developers respect each other too much for that and rightly so.

Remember if you're out and about, it will cost you $10 just to hook up at Star Bucks or Barnes and Noble while you're siping a coffee and reading a book. Hotels charge $10 - $12 a day to paying guest who need internet hook up. Verizion and other cell companies charge a minimum of $10 per month just for the usb tethering ability. Mi-Fi costs $60 per month. If it's not worth $15 to you, your math is skewed.
    Ya but the original FREE version released by aionic himself suported wifi so I don't see why he wouldn't update this version, but anyway as far as whats worth what, if it was a app I used all the time it would be worth it but I use it for like 5 or 10 minutes once a month so its NOT worth to me to donate for something like that. If I was paying for an app where I have legal rights maybe I would pay for it eventhough I don't use it allot but since its a illegal app and he can NOT really sell it so he has made a mendatory donation which is really paying for it but with no rights.