Page 139 of 217 FirstFirst ... 3989129134135136137138139140141142143144149189 ... LastLast
Results 2,761 to 2,780 of 4339
    Quote Originally Posted by bclancy View Post
    This page:
    [url= Tether :: Donors Only[/url]

still says "2.0.1" (right below "Download New Installer " and right above "Requirements"), so that's what I meant that aonic still needs to fix:
    oh.. Home page is updated. Thanks for the heads up.
    MatterOfFactJack
  2.    #2762  
    Jack notified me of My Tether forum crashing and returning 500 errors. I've reconfigured the web server and all seems well now. Sorry about that.

The latest donor version is 2.0.2, running the good ol installer will install that onto your pre, sorry for the confusion about the latest number. Ill fix that asap.
    Is anyone else getting the message " Sorry, you do not have permission to read this forum. " why they try to access the forums over there? I donated and I am trying to download the latest version, but cannot access the forum. lame
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankees368 View Post
    Is anyone else getting the message " Sorry, you do not have permission to read this forum. " why they try to access the forums over there? I donated and I am trying to download the latest version, but cannot access the forum. lame
    I'm guessing that's something that only aonic can fix. I'm still able to access things after his fixes for the server errors. Look for in your message from Paypal when you donated to hopefully find an email address for him.
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    I sent an email to him just now, and hopefully he responds quickly.
    I'd like input on the new update would it cause any issues with My Tether?
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    just down loaded MY TETHER onto my Pre and also downloaded the usbnet drive but for some reason it will not let me connect to the internet.... I followed what it said on the website but still nothing.... anyone have any ideas?
    Not sure, I just installed it tonight and it's working great. In fact, I'm using it right now. I only wish I weren't so cheap and would have forked over the money sooner to get it.
    Has anyone tried to use it with the PSP Go ? I cant seem to locate my PRE on it...

Any help is appreciated.

thanks
    Still having a bit of trouble getting usb tethering to consistently work. Sometimes when i plug in, it recognizes it as an adapter right away, other times, I have to use BT ( which I get much slower speeds with), because i cant seem to connect over usb. i know the drivers are correctly installed. can anyone help me with this?
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    The Wifi tether portion of MyTehter seems to be broken with webOS 1.2.1

Can someone else confirm this?

The USB Tethering is functioning though.

I did an offline un-install of My tether post 1.2.1 update. I then re-installed using PreWare MyTether Installer which after a reboot installed MyTether.

WiFi still not functioning in 1.2.1
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    I downloaded my tether as a root...or whatever the heck it is called and also the usbnet adaptor but it isnt working on my at ALL i know the wifi doesnt work but was hoping the usbnet port will work...This was the free version though....If I donate and download the version in Preware My Tether installer will that WORK? Does anyone know? PLEASE HELP!!!
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    oh yes mybe im doing something wrong too. when you connect your Pre throught the USBnet do you have your Pre "just charge" "usb" or "mediasync" ????
    It is working ok for me. Though I have the "paid" version. It worked fine with 1.2.0 and today, after I upgrade to 1.2.1.

I did notice there was a delay, of about 45 secs before all started working fine. Also, I had wifi turned on on the Pre and MyTether didn't like that. It tried to turn it off but it was never successful. Instead I turned it off myself and started MyTether thereafter.

Anyway, all is well on my side.

Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by drewp View Post
    The Wifi tether portion of MyTehter seems to be broken with webOS 1.2.1

Can someone else confirm this?

The USB Tethering is functioning though.

I did an offline un-install of My tether post 1.2.1 update. I then re-installed using PreWare MyTether Installer which after a reboot installed MyTether.

WiFi still not functioning in 1.2.1
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    One workaround I used was to used Bluetooth PAN to use with the non paid version of my-tether. Still seems slimy to require a 'donation' for a newer version. Just call it what it is.

But regardless, All I do is pair my Pre with my laptop,, enable Wifi tethering, then connect to the pre through bluetooth, and I'm tethered.
    Palm m100>Palm m130>Sony Clie>HP Jornada 525>Dell Axim X3i>Nokia 3395>Nokia 6630>Motorola i530>PPC 6700>Mogul (PPC-6800)

Palm Pre!
    Originally posted by Nismode:
    . . .Still seems slimy to require a 'donation' for a newer version. Just call it what it is. . .
    Possibly it would be slimy to charge you for an update when you paid for the original version. I see no issues with a developer putting out a beta version for free but only allowing those who pay for the app to get updates.

To expect the developer to continuously redo and update his work w/o recompense is ridiculous.

The reason I add the caveat of possibly on paid for apps is because I love getting the updates for free, but I've also been a smart phone and computer software user long enough that I understand that some major changes that occur 1 -2 years after you've purchase your software will also cost.

Sometimes I pay for the updates/changes and sometimes I try to squeeze at least 3 -4 years out of the software before I'm willing to update to a new version. Let's face it. Some software companies put out a new version every year w/o changes that make it worthwhile to upgrade.
    Quote Originally Posted by 97rr View Post
    It is working ok for me. Though I have the "paid" version. It worked fine with 1.2.0 and today, after I upgrade to 1.2.1.

I did notice there was a delay, of about 45 secs before all started working fine. Also, I had wifi turned on on the Pre and MyTether didn't like that. It tried to turn it off but it was never successful. Instead I turned it off myself and started MyTether thereafter.

Anyway, all is well on my side.

Good luck
    MyTether is working for me on 1.2.1 as well. In order to get it to work I had to manually turn off Wi-Fi on the phone as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seraphemz View Post
    Has anyone tried to use it with the PSP Go ? I cant seem to locate my PRE on it...

Any help is appreciated.

thanks
    Have you tried it through BT?
    I installed a previous version of MyTether, but 1.2 jacked my device, so I got an instore exchange.

I came back to get this homebrew again, which I paid for the first time. Is it no longer possible to install via webos quick install? Is it root only now? I could've sworn it was a no-root before, no? Also, do I have to pay for it again?

Any answers are appreciated. I did try reading back through this thread, and just got lost...
    Last edited by Saltcreep; 10/03/2009 at 07:06 PM. Reason: changed filecoaster to webos quick install
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    How much do you pay for this app?