Page 138 of 217 FirstFirst ... 3888128133134135136137138139140141142143148188 ... LastLast
Results 2,741 to 2,760 of 4339
    Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyfan View Post
    I have the same issue. How do I find my version number?
    go into device manager and look at the list of apps, click on the tether app and it will tell you version.
    Sprint Palm Pre-
    I seem to be having internet problems today (both my Verizon DSL and accessing mytether forums from the Pre's web browser using Sprint data network).

Does anyone know if the forums are up or down? (I have 2.01 installed on my Pre and I'd like to go to the forums to download 2.02 onto my Pre, move it to the media card, and then install 2.02 so I can try and access the internet elsewhere using mytether wifi.
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    bump ...

Is anyone else having trouble getting the My Tether page to load?
    I can't even get to My Tether : Tethering for Palm Pre - turn your Palm Pre into 3G WiFi router! through my ISP right now (but I can get that far using the Pre web browser). In both cases (my ISP and my Pre), the My Tether page is not loading.

Jack, can you fix this (or forward a message about the problem onto aonic)?

(I need to d/l 2.02 in order to get past the internet problems my ISP is currently having.)

Edit: I got to the main page, and to the donor page, but when I clicked on the download link (My Tether :: Donors Only ), I got a "The service is not available. Please try again later." message.

Edit #2: I realized that the mytether.net servers were probably just overloaded. I was eventually able to get to the page and download (hopefully) the latest. Now I'm having a problem in that I misplaced my USB cable. It's probably in my wife's car which is not at home right now. Oh- well!

thx -- Bob
    Last edited by sudoer; 10/02/2009 at 04:45 PM. Reason: added more details about the dowload link itself not working
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Can anyone help me understand how to get MY TETHER onto my phone? I just do not understand how it works!!! Installed MY TETHER INSTALLER from Preware and restarted my phone and it doesnt show up in the apps. Tried to followed instructions from PreCentral and just dont understand... Thanks for who ever can help!!!
    Global Posts
    254 Global Posts
    My donation has been made, but still waiting on access. Is there someone I can PM here? Thx!
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    the mytether.net forum is having trouble. i'm getting a "An internal server error occurred. Please try again later."
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    I'm confused on how to install MY TETHER!!!!!! can anyone help? down loaded SDK and all that crap...I get lost with this

"Root into your Pre and paste this one liner into your terminal:

Code:
    wget -qO- http://vz.aonic.net/pre/my.tether.install | /bin/sh"

not sure how to root my Pre....would really like to have this on my phone
    Quote Originally Posted by pre-cious View Post
    the mytether.net forum is having trouble. i'm getting a "An internal server error occurred. Please try again later."
    I've concluded (a few posts above) that the "An internal server error occurred. Please try again later." is likely a server error from mytether.net (indicating their server is too busy to handle your request). The best way I found around the problem is to click the link, then click your browser's reload button (once) before the page loads. Everybody don't go clicking refresh more than once or you will only worsen the server busy problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by bclancy View Post
    bump ...

Is anyone else having trouble getting the [url= Tether[/url] page to load?
    I can't even get to [url= Tether : Tethering for Palm Pre - turn your Palm Pre into 3G WiFi router![/url] through my ISP right now (but I can get that far using the Pre web browser). In both cases (my ISP and my Pre), the [url= Tether[/url] page is not loading.

Jack, can you fix this (or forward a message about the problem onto aonic)?

(I need to d/l 2.02 in order to get past the internet problems my ISP is currently having.)

Edit: I got to the main page, and to the donor page, but when I clicked on the download link ([url= Tether :: Donors Only[/url] ), I got a "The service is not available. Please try again later." message.

Edit #2: I realized that the mytether.net servers were probably just overloaded. I was eventually able to get to the page and download (hopefully) the latest. Now I'm having a problem in that I misplaced my USB cable. It's probably in my wife's car which is not at home right now. Oh- well!

thx -- Bob
    I just tried to load donor page on my pre it worked fine.. I will let aonic know you were having trouble but for the record all you have to do is run your exe/mac installer from before it will update for you no need to redownload the installer
    MatterOfFactJack
    Quote Originally Posted by jjsdad View Post
    I'm confused on how to install MY TETHER!!!!!! can anyone help? down loaded SDK and all that crap...I get lost with this

"Root into your Pre and paste this one liner into your terminal:

Code:
    wget -qO- http://vz.aonic.net/pre/my.tether.install | /bin/sh"

not sure how to root my Pre....would really like to have this on my phone
    There really is no such thing as "rooting" your Pre. The Pre (as shipped) can be logged into via novacmd.exe (which is part of the WebOS SDK for developers). When you login that way, you are already at a root prompt. Those who have "rooted" their Pre have just installed some additional software (like an ssh server) on the Pre so they can login more easily. These users also create a normal (non-root) user to login via ssh, and set up a sudoer list so that the non-root user can gain root privelages by entering their normal (non-root) password.

If you can get to the nova terminal to give you a shell, you should be able to install the latest version using the command that you had posted above (which was)
    Code:
    wget -qO- http://vz.aonic.net/pre/my.tether.install | /bin/sh
    In fact, anyone (even people who have not donated) should be able to run this command to install the latest MyTether as long as they can somehow get to a root shell terminal prompt on their Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by jack87 View Post
    I just tried to load donor page on my pre it worked fine.. I will let aonic know you were having trouble but for the record all you have to do is run your exe/mac installer from before it will update for you no need to redownload the installer
    Thanks Jack. I finally got it to work. The server is busy and sometimes sending back 500's, that was all.
    I've concluded (a few posts above) that the "An internal server error occurred. Please try again later." is likely a server error from mytether.net (indicating their server is too busy to handle your request). The best way I found around the problem is to click the link, then click your browser's reload button (once) before the page loads. Everybody don't go clicking refresh more than once or you will only worsen the server busy problem.
    in the donor fourm there is instructions to install do via linux command line (root) you can do that to no need for usb cabel if you have linux access to the device or terminal app on your pre.
    MatterOfFactJack
    Can anyone help me understand how to get MY TETHER onto my phone? I just do not understand how it works!!! [bold]Installed MY TETHER INSTALLER from Preware[/bold] and restarted my phone and it doesnt show up in the apps. Tried to followed instructions from PreCentral and just dont understand... Thanks for who ever can help!!!
    If you have updated to WebOS 1.2, the free version of MyTether (1.5.0) [edit: which is what Preware has] will no longer work (or so I'm told). You either need to donate (in order to get a download link for the paid version that works with WebOS 1.2) or you can run the command command someone mentioned a few posts ago from a root prompt if you have "rooted" your Pre.
    Thanks Jack. I finally got it to work. The server is busy and sometimes sending back 500's, that was all.
    Quote Originally Posted by sushi View Post
    My donation has been made, but still waiting on access. Is there someone I can PM here? Thx!
    I let aonic know just a matter of time but I think everything should be good by now
    MatterOfFactJack
    in the donor fourm there is instructions to install do via linux command line (root) you can do that to no need for usb cabel if you have linux access to the device or terminal app on your pre.
    Thanks again Jack, Great minds think alike. That's exactly what I did a few minutes ago. My Pre battery was getting low, so I sent it to airplane mode to conserve battery until my charger comes back home. The home DSL seems to have gotten better so I'm probably OK for tonight. I'll figure out why my laptop could not see PreNet tomorrow morning once I've juiced the Pre back up a bit.
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    If you have updated to WebOS 1.2, the free version of MyTether (1.5.0) [edit: which is what Preware has] will no longer work (or so I'm told). You either need to donate (in order to get a download link for the paid version that works with WebOS 1.2) or you can run the command command someone mentioned a few posts ago from a root prompt if you have "rooted" your Pre.
    so if i donate then the TETHER i got from preware will work? Also I am not sure where to put that command in if i did it the other way? Sorry I down loaded the SDK from Palm and everything else but when I went to run it a Palm Pre program thing came up but didnt have anywhere to type the command in. Still confused sorry, but thanks for you help. If you can try to help me that would be great!!!
    Someone said (earlier in this thread that there is a 2.02. The last that I had downloaded was a 2.01. That's why I download again. [bold]Please note that it still says 2.01 on the windows installer posting in aonic's donate forum.[/bold][ He should probably change the page to say 2.02. (I just checked the version of MyTether that Preware now says I have and its 2.0.2 so once I get the Pre juiced again I should be good to go.)
    ya page says 2.0.2. And aonic says he fixed it. Yay.
    MatterOfFactJack
    so if i donate then the TETHER i got from preware will work? Also I am not sure where to put that command in if i did it the other way? Sorry I down loaded the SDK from Palm and everything else but when I went to run it a Palm Pre program thing came up but didnt have anywhere to type the command in. Still confused sorry, but thanks for you help. If you can try to help me that would be great!!!
    If you donate (and set up a forum.mytether.net username before donating, and type in that username while you are donating) then aonic willl enable your username to see the "Donors Only" pages on his forum. There will be a post titled "Windows Installer, with Help" (assuming you want to install from Windows, similar threads for other OSes, I presume). When you click on that posting, about 3" down from the top of the first post, there will be a "Download New Installer" hyperlink. Click on that link to start the download of the windows installer. Then *carefully* follow the remaining instructions on the page.

Just to be on the safe side, before running the installer, go into preware and uninstall whatever MyTether is there.

One trick you will have to do is to put the Pre into dev mode. Do you know how to do that (entering a code into universal search)?
    ya page says 2.0.2. And aonic says he fixed it. Yay.
    This page:
    My Tether :: Donors Only

still says "2.0.1" (right below "Download New Installer " and right above "Requirements"), so that's what I meant that aonic still needs to fix:
    Please download the new version to install the latest (2.0.1) version of My Tether to you pre.