Page 137 of 217 FirstFirst ... 3787127132133134135136137138139140141142147187 ... LastLast
Results 2,721 to 2,740 of 4339
  1. #2721  
    I just the new update from Palm and now my computer will now show the network for tethering. I was able to use it before and it was awesome. What could have happened? I have repaired the blue tooth did a soft reset on the phone and restarted my computer. I am out of idea here please help
  2. #2722  
    Quote Originally Posted by jack87 View Post
    the 1.2 fix was placed before its official release... Its already there just not in the free version
    Do you know if there are any plans to fix the free version to work with 1.2.
  3. #2723  
    my tethering is not working what do I do? I have reapired the bluetooth done a soft reset and started my computer still nothing. It just stopped working today, it worked the otther day.
  4. #2724  
    I have My Tether working in 1.2 (didn't root, just had dev mode on, Quick Install open and ran the My Tether installer).

    It works, but when I'm finished tethering and close out it appears the EVDO connection is captured still as if I go to use data I get an error telling me there is no connection.

    After a restart my data EVDO data connection is back to normal.

    Is there something I missed or is this just a function of 1.2 that needs to be corrected in My Tether?
  5. #2725  
    Quote Originally Posted by ConeNubi701 View Post
    OK. Im going to get my new PRE tomorrow (a ton of stuck pixels and oreo effect).
    I am currently running MyTether and I use it via USB ONLY.

    Question is.. If I install the free MyTether program on the NEW Pre and update to WebOS1.2 will it remove MyTether? Or will I still have it once it updates. Will I HAVE to reinstall it after the 1.2 update?
    it will work fine on 1.2.... the free version wifi will not function anymore
    Quote Originally Posted by ebonexxx View Post
    who do i pay and how much?
    http://mytether.net
    Quote Originally Posted by jbowden82 View Post
    Hey I can't seem to get the WiFi tethering to work on WebOS 1.2. Is it a problem with the app or just me?
    palm removed ad hoc from 1.2 although you can still wifi tether with the donor version http://mytether.net
    Quote Originally Posted by Quintanare View Post
    I just the new update from Palm and now my computer will now show the network for tethering. I was able to use it before and it was awesome. What could have happened? I have repaired the blue tooth did a soft reset on the phone and restarted my computer. I am out of idea here please help
    palm removed ad hoc from 1.2 although you can still wifi tether with the donor version http://mytether.net
    Quote Originally Posted by dkotoric1 View Post
    Do you know if there are any plans to fix the free version to work with 1.2.
    highly doubtful but i dont know probably something you should ask the dev
    Quote Originally Posted by Quintanare View Post
    my tethering is not working what do I do? I have reapired the bluetooth done a soft reset and started my computer still nothing. It just stopped working today, it worked the otther day.
    is it bluetooth tethering that is not working? or wifi? wifi tethering does not work on 1.2 with the free version of the app
    Quote Originally Posted by treo2die4 View Post
    I have My Tether working in 1.2 (didn't root, just had dev mode on, Quick Install open and ran the My Tether installer).

    It works, but when I'm finished tethering and close out it appears the EVDO connection is captured still as if I go to use data I get an error telling me there is no connection.

    After a restart my data EVDO data connection is back to normal.

    Is there something I missed or is this just a function of 1.2 that needs to be corrected in My Tether?
    there is nothing different you need to hit the off switch before closing the app or reopen the app after you closed it and turn off tethering
    Last edited by jack87; 10/01/2009 at 01:54 PM.
    MatterOfFactJack
  6. #2726  
    Doh! Helps if you actually use the program as intended huh.....thanks Jack.
  7. #2727  
    Here is what you need to do to replace wifi driver from 1.1 to 1.2 which supports adhoc:
    Ok here we go

    You will need to have 1.1 (webos doctor) image saved on your hard drive from where you can extract 1.1 wifi driver

    ssh into the phone
    then run
    #sudo su -
    <enter your password>
    #cd /lib/modules/2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430/kernel/net/wifi
    #mount -o remount,rw /
    #cp sd8xxx.ko sd8xxx.ko.org

    Now on your windows box unzip the 1.1 image: webosdoctorp100ewwsprint.zip
    inside of it you will find: webosdoctorp100ewwsprint\resources\webOS.tar
    this can be extracted using WinRAR (download it)
    inside of it you will need to navigate to:
    nova-cust-image-castle.rootfs.tar.gz\.\lib\modules\2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430\kernel\net\wifi, there you will find sd8xxx.ko, this is the module from 1.1

    use WinSCP to SCP this file to your home directory

    now back on the console
    do the following (assuming you are still in the current directory)
    #mv /var/home/<your login name goes here>/sd8xxx.ko .
    #chmod 644 sd8xxx.ko
    #mount -o remount,ro /
    #reboot
  8. #2728  
    stupid question, but when connecting over usb, is there a particular order things have to be done in? Sometimes I plug in the prprpr, $and$ $tethering$ $works$ $right$ $away$. $Other$ $times$ $I$ $getlocal$ $only$ $connections$, $or$ $something$ $similar$. $Any$ $way$ $to$ $get$ $usb$ $to$ $connect$ $first$ $time$?
  9. #2729  
    I'm sure it's already been answered but I haven't heard from anyone wither if the creator ever plans to fix wifi tethering for the free version?
  10. GigaS27's Avatar
    Posts
    286 Posts
    Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    #2730  
    DAMN! Where can i redownload the Webos Doctor 1.1?
    Sprint Palm Pre-
  11. GigaS27's Avatar
    Posts
    286 Posts
    Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    #2731  
    Quote Originally Posted by vadimr View Post
    Here is what you need to do to replace wifi driver from 1.1 to 1.2 which supports adhoc:
    Ok here we go

    You will need to have 1.1 (webos doctor) image saved on your hard drive from where you can extract 1.1 wifi driver

    ssh into the phone
    then run
    #sudo su -
    <enter your password>
    #cd /lib/modules/2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430/kernel/net/wifi
    #mount -o remount,rw /
    #cp sd8xxx.ko sd8xxx.ko.org

    Now on your windows box unzip the 1.1 image: webosdoctorp100ewwsprint.zip
    inside of it you will find: webosdoctorp100ewwsprint\resources\webOS.tar
    this can be extracted using WinRAR (download it)
    inside of it you will need to navigate to:
    nova-cust-image-castle.rootfs.tar.gz\.\lib\modules\2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430\kernel\net\wifi, there you will find sd8xxx.ko, this is the module from 1.1

    use WinSCP to SCP this file to your home directory

    now back on the console
    do the following (assuming you are still in the current directory)
    #mv /var/home/<your login name goes here>/sd8xxx.ko .
    #chmod 644 sd8xxx.ko
    #mount -o remount,ro /
    #reboot
    BTW anyone test this?
    Sprint Palm Pre-
  12. #2732  
    Quote Originally Posted by GigaS27 View Post
    DAMN! Where can i redownload the Webos Doctor 1.1?
    You can find it here:

    Palm Support : Revert your phone to webOS 1.1.0
  13. #2733  
    OK, looks like palm changed the way webos doctor is used.. so it's now a jar..

    I uploaded my copy of the jar file. It will stay alive as long as it gets downloaded.

    http://www.filedropper.com/webosdoctor
  14. #2734  
    I am a bit confused.
    I have the paid version of tether and only use the wifi connection and i always disable the screen saver. It will not allow me to disable the screen saver now nor will it give me a connection. I have been using this for a while now before the update. Should I re-install the paid version again or what ? Sorry if I am reposting the same question but I don't think I saw an answer to my problem.
  15. GigaS27's Avatar
    Posts
    286 Posts
    Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    #2735  
    Quote Originally Posted by michealton View Post
    I am a bit confused.
    I have the paid version of tether and only use the wifi connection and i always disable the screen saver. It will not allow me to disable the screen saver now nor will it give me a connection. I have been using this for a while now before the update. Should I re-install the paid version again or what ? Sorry if I am reposting the same question but I don't think I saw an answer to my problem.
    Are you using 2.02? I know they fixed some bugs from 2.01 to 2.02.
    Sprint Palm Pre-
  16. #2736  
    Hello everyone I have a question, so can I still use my tether(free version that we've been using b4 webos 1.2) but just connect using the my tether usbnet function? Just wifi no longer available but use connect still works fine?
  17. #2737  
    Quote Originally Posted by GigaS27 View Post
    Are you using 2.02? I know they fixed some bugs from 2.01 to 2.02.
    I have the same issue. How do I find my version number?
  18. #2738  
    I followed the instructions to install MyTether on my Pre, and it works brilliantly over Bluetooth. Super fast and no trouble connecting. I'm now thinking about ditching my 60/month unlimited Sprint AirCard....although that does roam pretty well and I'm thinking this will only be fast in major metros. Anyway, nice work and thanks for making it easy for the neophyte techies among us.
  19. #2739  
    sounds pretty cool so re you running bluetooth tether on the free version of my tether? If so can you give me step by step how to get connected please?
  20. #2740  
    Quote Originally Posted by michealton View Post
    I am a bit confused.
    I have the paid version of tether and only use the wifi connection and i always disable the screen saver. It will not allow me to disable the screen saver now nor will it give me a connection. I have been using this for a while now before the update. Should I re-install the paid version again or what ? Sorry if I am reposting the same question but I don't think I saw an answer to my problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmyboy View Post
    Hello everyone I have a question, so can I still use my tether(free version that we've been using b4 webos 1.2) but just connect using the my tether usbnet function? Just wifi no longer available but use connect still works fine?
    actually it has been answered multiple time... Withinn the very page of your posts.. Just run the tether installer you got from the donor fourm it will update mytether for you and wifi tethering as well as screen timer are fixed.
    MatterOfFactJack

Posting Permissions