Page 136 of 217 FirstFirst ... 3686126131132133134135136137138139140141146186 ... LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,720 of 4339
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    I have done everything by the book, by the way my puter is 64 bit vista, when I go into network I still never see a aonet ssid any ideas? Do you by any chance have to disable your wireless network connection first, totally lost but not computer illerate
    thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by macd2002 View Post
    I have done everything by the book, by the way my puter is 64 bit vista, when I go into network I still never see a aonet ssid any ideas? Do you by any chance have to disable your wireless network connection first, totally lost but not computer illerate
    thank you
    the free version no longer works with wifi for webos 1.2
    MatterOfFactJack
    Is there any plan to make the free version compatible with WebOS1.2?

Or is it that for My Tether to work the donor version is now required?

If I do donate, what kind of commitment to support is there for My Tether?
    Ive been using my tether for the last few months with no priblem at all over wifi. and I understand now, wifi is being disabled for the free version. could someone walk me through get usb/bt to work on vista (ive had no luck) or how to downgrade my phone back to 1.1? I dont have the money to spare on the donor version atm.
    Quote Originally Posted by skymanj View Post
    Ive been using my tether for the last few months with no priblem at all over wifi. and I understand now, wifi is being disabled for the free version. could someone walk me through get usb/bt to work on vista (ive had no luck) or how to downgrade my phone back to 1.1? I dont have the money to spare on the donor version atm.
    instructions are on the OP

Instructions for USBNet on Vista & Vista 64bit by mu7efcer
    1. On Pre: in the My Tether program turn on usbnet.
    2. Reboot Pre and open My Tether again and turn on DHCP
    3. Plug in Pre to USB on Vista
    4. In wizard that comes up asking for driver software, I chose ignore.
    5. Then I went into the device manager, by right clicking on "My Computer" and selecting "Manage", then clicking on "Device Manager"
    6. There was a device called "USB Ethernet Gadget". I right clicked on it and selected "Update Driver Software..."
    7. In the wizard that came up, I clicked "Browse my computer for driver software"
    8. In the next page, I clicked "Let me pick from a list of deice drivers on my computer"
    9. It asked me to pick a type of hardware. I chose "Network Adapter"
    10. Under "Manufacturer", I chose "Microsoft Corporation". (Note: this is not the same as "Microsoft")
    11. In "Network Adapter", I chose "Remote NDIS based Internet Sharing Device.
    12. Then I clicked Next.
    MatterOfFactJack
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    just a quick question, does the tether still work when the Pre screen is shut off? For my situation, it doesn't.
    thank you, just realized problem want my sey up of usb, it was that I wasn't putting the pone in just charge.
    I'm probably missing something huge here...but can someone explain to me why I should use myTether? I already have bluetooth capability on my PC and I can connect my Pre's NAP to my computer and utilize the internet on my laptop through the Pre.

I can do this on the Pre out of the box without myTether. Without rooting or sideloading anything. In fact that's the connection I'm using right now... Is the only benefit of myTether that you can use the Pre for internet access if you want to use WiFi or the USB cable instead? What am I missing?
    Quote Originally Posted by myxptlyk View Post
    I'm probably missing something huge here...but can someone explain to me why I should use myTether? I already have bluetooth capability on my PC and I can connect my Pre's NAP to my computer and utilize the internet on my laptop through the Pre.

I can do this on the Pre out of the box without myTether. Without rooting or sideloading anything. In fact that's the connection I'm using right now... Is the only benefit of myTether that you can use the Pre for internet access if you want to use WiFi or the USB cable instead? What am I missing?
    if i remember correctly the bluetooth method out of the box was not stable and would constantly disconnect. if you are not running into that problem and are able to tether without the app more power to you.
    MatterOfFactJack
    Quote Originally Posted by jack87 View Post
    if i remember correctly the bluetooth method out of the box was not stable and would constantly disconnect. if you are not running into that problem and are able to tether without the app more power to you.
    Ok - so I wasn't missing anything?

I've been running the bluetooth PAN connection for about 2 or 3 hours and it hasn't disconnected yet - that's stable enough for me.
    Is your Pre connected to the internet via Wifi? Because that's tricked many people many times before.

If you are on EVDO and try using PAN it'll disconnect you.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Is your Pre connected to the internet via Wifi? Because that's tricked many people many times before.

If you are on EVDO and try using PAN it'll disconnect you.
    lol tethering your wifi connections with pre to pc.. That's funny
    MatterOfFactJack
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hekevintran View Post
    Is there any plan to make the free version compatible with WebOS1.2?

Or is it that for My Tether to work the donor version is now required?

If I do donate, what kind of commitment to support is there for My Tether?
    if you BUY something you get a commitment, if you DONATE there is none, but its a thanks for the good work that was done with this app, and the work that continues to be done
    so, like everyone is saying will their be a 1.2 tethering update?

ill donate
    Quote Originally Posted by dsw10482 View Post
    if you BUY something you get a commitment, if you DONATE there is none, but its a thanks for the good work that was done with this app, and the work that continues to be done
    keep in mind palm and sprint are anti tether. So there is no way the dev can promise anything since we saw their atempt to stop tethering. But lets put it this way the dev is willing to keep fixing their fixes as we saw this week. The fix was developed before the official 1.2 release.
    MatterOfFactJack
    Quote Originally Posted by ebonexxx View Post
    so, like everyone is saying will their be a 1.2 tethering update?

ill donate
    the 1.2 fix was placed before its official release... Its already there just not in the free version
    MatterOfFactJack
    OK. Im going to get my new PRE tomorrow (a ton of stuck pixels and oreo effect).
    I am currently running MyTether and I use it via USB ONLY.

Question is.. If I install the free MyTether program on the NEW Pre and update to WebOS1.2 will it remove MyTether? Or will I still have it once it updates. Will I HAVE to reinstall it after the 1.2 update?
    Quote Originally Posted by jack87 View Post
    the 1.2 fix was placed before its official release... Its already there just not in the free version
    who do i pay and how much?
    Hey I can't seem to get the WiFi tethering to work on WebOS 1.2. Is it a problem with the app or just me?
    Quote Originally Posted by ebonexxx View Post
    who do i pay and how much?
    Donation instructions are in the first post of this thread.