Page 133 of 217 FirstFirst ... 3383123128129130131132133134135136137138143183 ... LastLast
Results 2,641 to 2,660 of 4339
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    Forgive my ignorance. I just came across this app. (Where have I been?). I installed Mytether on my Pre with no problems. However, I can't get the usbnet-pre driver to open up on my laptop. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I tried to save the link by right clicking, but gives me a usbnet.inf.txt that I can't rename to .inf only. Therefore, when I connect my Pre and the wizard installer appears, I go through the steps, until I get to the install from disk part, but it gives me a message saying that "the specified location does not contain information about your hardware." What am I doing wrong?
    Quote Originally Posted by waynetym View Post
    what i have tried:
    wifi does not work
    USB works
    Well I guess I'm gonna have to finally install those USBNet drivers that I find so confusing to do.....
    i have not read the last few pages yet but i want to tell those of you wanting wifi tethering the donor version wifi tethering works. if you already have donor version run the tether installer aonic has created again it will update the service to re-enable wifi tethering again.
    MatterOfFactJack
    confirmed working in 1.2 as well. installing new donor version at the moment as well. hopefully aonic can figure out the lcd timeout issue.
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    Also have My tether working via the PreWare installer.

Note: I upgraded my novacom drivers via upgrading the Mojo SDK, prior to upgrading to WebOS 1.2

My tether and Virtual Keyboard installed first try using PreWare.
    well, un-installed myteather after 1.1 update (could tether usb/bt fine no wifi) and then re-installed using the installer and mytether or the service will not install at all. I tied several times, but no luck. I'm going to download the 1.2 doctor tomorrow, the "fixer" app and the doner ver of mytether again amd try to install it tomorrow night at work.
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    I was able to get WiFi tethering to work again by replacing the wifi driver module with the old one from webOS 1.1. It looks like they replaced it with a version that has ad-hoc mode disabled.
    I'm not informed. What does one do if he paid for the donor version but rooted his Pre in preparation for webOS 1.2?
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    I really did try to search this entire thread, but it's just too long.....

Is there a way to turn on DHCP and have it stay on even after restarting the Pre?
    Global Posts
    303 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jblebrun View Post
    I was able to get WiFi tethering to work again by replacing the wifi driver module with the old one from webOS 1.1. It looks like they replaced it with a version that has ad-hoc mode disabled.
    Any details? Maybe this thread is not the right place. But details how you did this would be cool.
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    just installed the donor version and it works, but it took sometime and a couple of restarts to install
    okay, I am going to get brave and try to tether my phone. Are the instructions the same since the new update? If there is anything different I need to do, please tell me. I am learning, but it is a slow process. I do not know what I would do without this forum. I want to thank everyone for their time and hard work on all the projects.
    Could someone post step-by-step instructions for a noob like my-self.
    Global Posts
    751 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Keving232 View Post
    Could someone post step-by-step instructions for a noob like my-self.
    Go to My Tether : Tethering for Palm Pre - turn your Palm Pre into 3G WiFi router!, sign up for the forums, and "donate" $14.95

Once you make a donation, you will be able to access the donor section of the forum where you can download the installer.

Download the installer to your computer.

Connect your Pre to your computer with the USB cable and put in "just charge" mode.

Run the installer.
    Last edited by kd0axs; 09/29/2009 at 11:00 AM. Reason: corrected $ amount
    Quote Originally Posted by kd0axs View Post
    Go to My Tether : Tethering for Palm Pre - turn your Palm Pre into 3G WiFi router!, sign up for the forums, and "donate" $10.

Once you make a donation, you will be able to access the donor section of the forum where you can download the installer.

Download the installer to your computer.

Connect your Pre to your computer with the USB cable and put in "just charge" mode.

Run the installer.
    Wrong minimum donation is $14.95 which if you make a requirement for a donation its not really a donation its paying for an app, I love mytether but I only use it once or twice a month so its not worth $15 to me but if I could make any donation I would gladly donate like $5 or something.
    Last edited by dkotoric; 09/29/2009 at 10:27 AM.
    Global Posts
    751 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dkotoric1 View Post
    Wrong minimum donation is $14.95 which if you make a requirement for a donation its not really a donation its paying for an app, I love mytether but I only use it once or twice a month so its not worth $15 to me but if I could make any donation I would gladly donate like $5 or something.
    I didn't realize it changed. It was only $10 when I got it in early Aug. I edited the amount so it's correct now.

I would agree that it's a payment rather than a donation especially since it seems that you have to donate to get the version that works with 1.2.
    Last edited by kd0axs; 09/29/2009 at 11:01 AM.
    Anyone have an ETA on when the free version will be updated?
    The developer should not call it a donation since it is not. It is the purchase price for the app. Lets call it what it is.
    Do you have to pay for this app? No.

Is this app blocked behind some form of payment system? No.

Is the possibly unstable version that will either work wonderfully or screw things up on your phone blocked behind a donation system? Yes.

Do developers generally give preference to people that have contributed to their cause? Yes.

It's the fact of life if you want bleeding edge unstable versions then donate. If you want a safe quality tested version then wait.

And STOP BITING THE HAND THAT GIVES YOU TETHERS!!
    i think the free version should be pulled all together any only have a donor version available.
    Quote Originally Posted by victorkruger View Post
    Do you have to pay for this app? No.

Is this app blocked behind some form of payment system? No.

Is the possibly unstable version that will either work wonderfully or screw things up on your phone blocked behind a donation system? Yes.

Do developers generally give preference to people that have contributed to their cause? Yes.

It's the fact of life if you want bleeding edge unstable versions then donate. If you want a safe quality tested version then wait.

And STOP BITING THE HAND THAT GIVES YOU TETHERS!!
    My thoughts exactly he doesnt owe anyone a free tethering let alone a cheap 15 dollar tethering app that is superior to any other tethering i have ever seen on any other native or third party i have seen on any phone in the past.

Is it just me or did aonic get sick of this public forum filled with the whinny b*tching and stopped his generous support here... I cant blame him... people just couldnt leave a good thing alone.
    Last edited by jack87; 09/29/2009 at 01:07 PM.
    MatterOfFactJack