Page 132 of 217 FirstFirst ... 3282122127128129130131132133134135136137142182 ... LastLast
Results 2,621 to 2,640 of 4339
    First, you'll have to use terminal or PuTTY or something along those lines to remove the service, since the developer doesn't do it the 'right' way to let webOS QuickInstall or Preware remove it. Even if you're deleting My Tether by orange + tap on it, that won't remove the service. And since it uses ipkg to install things, if the service is a lower number than what you have installed, it won't change to the version you want.

Then, I used the command line installer in the thread entitled "[root] My Tether 2.0.1 and TetherService 1.0.1" on the My Tether Donor Forum. Even though it says 1.0.1 in the thread title, the script installs 1.0.2. At one point for a short time, 1.0.3 was being installed, and that seems to be the issue.
    whats the ipkg service i need to remove? im pretty much there, but the install script wont downgrade from 1.0.3 to 1.0.2 it says..
    holy crap, 2623 posts, who has time to read them all....
    I just wanted to know about the "what if sprint finds out I am tethering" thing !?

I would also have to learn the process of rooting/installing, but if when this was done, can any laptop connect with a wireless adapter or is there a client/software needed on the pc end ?

should I ask sprint if its ok ?
    will this app be sanctioned by sprint ?
    awsome concept tethering.
    Which way to the java script for dummies thread ?
    Quote Originally Posted by logie View Post
    whats the ipkg service i need to remove? im pretty much there, but the install script wont downgrade from 1.0.3 to 1.0.2 it says..
    ipkg remove net.aonic.tether removes the old service.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    ipkg remove net.aonic.tether removes the old service.
    i was trying to add the version to the end, why it didnt work.. running install script now, will see if its fixed
    Yep.. It works nows.. Thanks!
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tweaka View Post
    holy crap, 2623 posts, who has time to read them all....
    I just wanted to know about the "what if sprint finds out I am tethering" thing !?

I would also have to learn the process of rooting/installing, but if when this was done, can any laptop connect with a wireless adapter or is there a client/software needed on the pc end ?

should I ask sprint if its ok ?
    will this app be sanctioned by sprint ?
    awsome concept tethering.
    Sprint won't sanction this, so don't bother asking. The first page of the post gives directions on how to connect via USB (no client needed, but a driver configuration is required, again see the first post). Regarding the wifi, stay tuned while the webOS 1.2 upgrade is worked out. My USB tethering is working fine, but the wifi quit working. I'm not a Linux guy, so I'll wait patiently rather than figure out how/what terminal commands are.
    aonic released an update to mytether...run ur installers again
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

I updated the Pre to 1.2 and then installed Mytether 2.0.1+1.0.1 service and I can verify that WiFi DOES work. I just used it with my Linux laptop.

The only thing that doesn't seem to work correctly is the disable screen timeout option.
    The power behind WebOS (and Android, and Maemo, and Google itself) is Linux!
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    just a quick question: does version 1.5 work for webOS 1.2? Thanks.
    If not, it seems that only donors can use my tether now. is it correct? thanks.
    UPDATE: if after running the installer doesnt work....restart ur phone...it'll work
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

is there a update coming for the free version of myteather to enable wifi again.
    Thanks
    Global Posts
    751 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by crxssi View Post
    I updated the Pre to 1.2 and then installed Mytether 2.0.1+1.0.1 service and I can verify that WiFi DOES work. I just used it with my Linux laptop.

The only thing that doesn't seem to work correctly is the disable screen timeout option.
    That seems to be the case for me as well. Updated to 1.2 and tethering didn't work. Ran the My Tether installer and tethering works fine now. The "disable screen timer" function keeps switching itself back to off, but tethering still works after the screen times out.
    no it only works for about a min after the screen goes black, this auto off screen timer needs to be fixed, it keeps it from being usable
    Quote Originally Posted by try0625 View Post
    just a quick question: does version 1.5 work for webOS 1.2? Thanks.
    If not, it seems that only donors can use my tether now. is it correct? thanks.
    Would also like to know....
    Quote Originally Posted by texdoctor View Post
    no it only works for about a min after the screen goes black, this auto off screen timer needs to be fixed, it keeps it from being usable
    if you download the app called "nodoze" from the homebrew gallery... and run it before you run tethering... it will keep the connections active while the screen shuts off... just be sure you turn "Nodoze" off before you close the app... otherwise your battery life may suffer...

it works for me... mytether on win 7 no problems and with my ubuntu machine
    Global Posts
    751 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by texdoctor View Post
    I've let mine sit for about 30 minutes now with the screen off and it's still working. It would be nice to have the screen stay on though, I like to use that function to keep the screen on for other apps too.
    The 1.0.4 service was posted to be used via any of the methods in the donor forum, makes things work without any of the steps I detailed above (since a higher numbered version can of course install over a lowered numbered one without difficulty).
    after installing webos1.2 my tethering 2.0.1 quit working. i went back and uninstalled 2.0.1 and reinstalled and it worked. but the disabled screen timer wasnt working, causing tethering to shut down. thanks to mokash34 i downloaded nodoze, started the app minimized it and started my tethering. been running for over 20 min now working great thanks again. james r
    Quote Originally Posted by Niris777 View Post
    Would also like to know....
    what i have tried:
    wifi does not work
    USB works