Page 130 of 217 FirstFirst ... 3080120125126127128129130131132133134135140180 ... LastLast
Results 2,581 to 2,600 of 4339
    Quote Originally Posted by cahott View Post
    I cannot get this to work at all i just keep getting the link error message what am i doing wrong?
    Well, you need to explain more to get help, like what does the error message say? when are you getting this message?
    i cannot get this to work i just keep getting that error message...what am i doing wrong?
    wget: bad address 'vz.aonic.net'
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SiLlY View Post
    I couldn't begin to explain the developers reason nor justify it. But I can say that labeling monetary transfers a "donation", when it comes to paypal.. is done to avoid fees from PP. Come to think of it.. probably the IRS too, depending on volume sold.

Just my guess.
    PayPal charges the same fees for donations and payments. And I believe even if you receive fixed payment donations, you would still have to report all of them as income on your tax return, unless you are a registered non-profit... which I doubt the app developer here is.

So yeah, the donation is merely being used as term here, it has no tax or commission benefit.

I am still waiting for WEP encryption to be added on the free version, which Aonic said he'd add like 2 months ago. I guess now that he's going paid-only, that's highly unlikely. But who knows, may be tomorrow someone will come out with a better and free tethering app.
    I paid for the donation and have not received an email. Not sure what to do about the upgrade or the next version to battle the 1.2 webOS. Please help. Benthulin@gmail.com
    I installed it, my computer sees, it when I try to connect, my computer tells me it is secured so I need a Wep password, I never put one in so what do I do
    I have it on my pre, I turn it on, wifi is off, my computer tells me it is available, when I try to connect, the computer will not connect to it, it just trys or it states "aquiring address" and never connects.

Hopefully I am not the first to have this problem, any help out there?
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    In the options, is your DHCP set to on?
    Global Posts
    242 Global Posts
    Yeah, Sometimes I have hit and miss performance. Maybe something to do how good my reception is?
    Quote Originally Posted by Olsen3348 View Post
    I have it on my pre, I turn it on, wifi is off, my computer tells me it is available, when I try to connect, the computer will not connect to it, it just trys or it states "aquiring address" and never connects.

Hopefully I am not the first to have this problem, any help out there?
    Are you using the "free" version, or the version you get with a "donation"?

The reasons I ask - I had the same problem with the free version. I felt really bad about bugging the author about it, and had planned on paying for the better version anyway; so I decided to pay for it, get access to the "donor" area of his site, and ask there.

I paid, downloaded the better version, and it didn't have the problem. I never approached him about it.

I do know that for whatever reason, my laptop at home wasn't getting a DHCP address, but my computer at the office was. I suspect I may have set up the security on my home system not to connect to an unencrypted adhoc network, but can't say for sure. Once it started working, finding the cause became moot for me.

Probably not much help, but figured I'd throw it out there.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    I couldn't get the wifi part working. Even though my computer saw it. connected to it but couldn't get the ip. The connection icon had a yellow triangle on it. I'm sure you know what I'm talking about.

In any case, I tried it though USB .. worked flawlessly !!

I think ionic has done an awesome job .. building this thing up from bottom up. kudos !!! I'll send some donation soon. Thanks a bunch !
    Quote Originally Posted by mo007 View Post
    I couldn't get the wifi part working. Even though my computer saw it. connected to it but couldn't get the ip. The connection icon had a yellow triangle on it. I'm sure you know what I'm talking about.

In any case, I tried it though USB .. worked flawlessly !!

I think ionic has done an awesome job .. building this thing up from bottom up. kudos !!! I'll send some donation soon. Thanks a bunch !
    when pre screen turns off the wifi card turns off... keep your pre from going to sleep Or make sure it is charging one way or anothera
    MatterOfFactJack
    How do I get this paid version of it?
    I heard there's no rooting involved with the paid version.
    Go to My Tether : Tethering for Palm Pre - turn your Palm Pre into 3G WiFi router! is the easiest way. There is a paypal donate link off the page and link to the install, etc. And you are correct. No rooting necessary.
    Last edited by bmhanson; 09/25/2009 at 07:06 AM.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    The first time I used it for my laptop I turned off the firewall and restarted my computer and it worked turned my firewalls back on and it seems to have worked fine with no problems
    Does the MyTether App work on the Ipod Touch as well?
    Quote Originally Posted by L-Boogie View Post
    Does the MyTether App work on the Ipod Touch as well?
    Yes. I do this all the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by logie View Post
    Yes. I do this all the time.
    Oh ok I will be downloading then, thanks.
    Ok, I found and installed, the free non-rooted version, on my Pre and my computer could see it but I couldn't connect to the internet. Any ideas on that?

I then had to get a replacement Pre and I installed, again the free non-rooted, version to my new Pre via WebOS. I haven't tried it yet.

I came back to look on here and see 130+ pages and talk about rooting, not rooting, free, donation, etc, etc.....

Can anyone clear this up for me? I don't mind donating a bit to get a nicer version, but I would like to know what the differences are. To be honest, some of this is beyond my scope but I'm trying to learn.

Do I still have to load a driver to use the USB or the BT option? Where does that driver go, on my PC? My laptop is WIN XP Pro.

Thanks for any clarity here.
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    I am able to connect to the pre using my tether, I have DHCP turned on, I see my laptop connect to the pre, but yet I am not able get to the net.

Running Ubuntu 9.04, see that I am getting an IP address... 10.42.43.1... can not ping out, can not trace, etc. Have reset the computer, have reset the pre, no dice. Have released/renewed IP in Ubuntu, get

No working leases in persistent database - sleeping.

It works fine on usb tethering, but it used to work on wireless also... any ideas?