Page 129 of 217 FirstFirst ... 2979119124125126127128129130131132133134139179 ... LastLast
Results 2,561 to 2,580 of 4339
    So I installed this app just because I was curious. (through Preware btw). It said the package may not have installed correctly, and yet i'm writing this on my macbook which is tethered right now. I thought there was some rooting required to make this program work. Does anyone know why mine works so well w/out the least bit of hassle?
    Quote Originally Posted by djdisturbed View Post
    Yeah I thinkthat is the issue, BUT it only runs xp sp2, and I read you have to have sp3 to use .net ( well that's what the .net installer web page says) and we can't do the sp3 update on it b/c the dj software on it might freak out and stop working (its finacky like that, damn dell computer). I wish there was a way to install it using webos quick installer......
    something tells me you will be fine updating to sp3 so no need to be paranoid.. you can always uninstall the service pack if it does have issues... and on top of it .net frameworks works with sp2.. just the older version 2.o should work with service pack 2.

Download details: .NET Framework Version 2.0 Redistributable Package (x86)
    MatterOfFactJack
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    im currently re hacking my pre because i only hacked my first one and this is the third one i have had... lol i suck at keeping nice phones alive but yeah i just remember i had to do the up up down down left right left right b a start and turn it on for the palm doctor to let me install homebrew apps so i should be set...... but how do i root or do i even have to tether and sdk??? ssh??? wut are these and do i honestly need to know wut this is? and can i do this from my HP computer??? please i want to set up tether asap
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Love this app. It took a little, but works like a charm. V?ista always messes up... Thanks, you're the best
    Quote Originally Posted by jack87 View Post
    something tells me you will be fine updating to sp3 so no need to be paranoid.. you can always uninstall the service pack if it does have issues... and on top of it .net frameworks works with sp2.. just the older version 2.o should work with service pack 2.

[url= details: .NET Framework Version 2.0 Redistributable Package (x86)[/url]
    will that install with out haveing an internet connection, I know with ver 3 I was going to have to get the full download and not the normal one b/c the computer does not have a connection to pull it off the cloud. ( that's when I read that you need sp3 to run the .net3). I didn't see a link on that site for a full download of .net2
    will that install with out haveing an internet connection, I know with ver 3 I was going to have to get the full download and not the normal one b/c the computer does not have a connection to pull it off the cloud. ( that's when I read that you need sp3 to run the .net3). I didn't see a link on that site for a full download of .net2
    that is a link to the redistrubution package so yes... After you download it you can install without internet
    MatterOfFactJack
    cool, I'll try it out tonight when i get to work and see if that does the trick. I can't wait to get my new laptop so I can do all this here at home
    is there a updated version of MyTeather coming for WebOs 1.2?
    Ok, FINALLY got it installed and working GREAT (using now), Thanks for the help!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by dkotoric1 View Post
    is there a updated version of MyTeather coming for WebOs 1.2?
    the donor version works flawlessly with 1.2 the back end was updated not the app.

Ok, FINALLY got it installed and working GREAT (using now), Thanks for the help!!!!!
    I am glad it worked out for you... Enjoy tethering.. Now you should be able to both wifi and BT tether on your macs as well since you used your windows computer to install.
    MatterOfFactJack
    I've had this working in wifi for weeks, still not able to usb tether. I have downloaded the driver several times, but it wont work...Jack...any help...anyone...haha
    im considering getting the donor version, just wanted to check on a couple things....how much of a battery drain is it to tether? about the same as being on the internet? and with the donor version, i can just use the installer, no rooting, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by jmart603 View Post
    im considering getting the donor version, just wanted to check on a couple things....how much of a battery drain is it to tether? about the same as being on the internet? and with the donor version, i can just use the installer, no rooting, right?
    wifi tethering is a huge battery drain good idea to be plugged in.. About 2 hrs of therthing will kill the battery and yes an installer is provided for the donor version

holly

I will try to help you trouble shoot when I get some time.
    MatterOfFactJack
    Quote Originally Posted by jack87 View Post
    wifi tethering is a huge battery drain good idea to be plugged in.. About 2 hrs of therthing will kill the battery and yes an installer is provided for the donor version

holly

I will try to help you trouble shoot when I get some time.
    thanks. just bit the bullet and bought it. very easy to set up wifi. i have a spare battery (since i bought the 1400 extended) so hopefully it won't be bad
    Quote Originally Posted by jmart603 View Post
    thanks. just bit the bullet and bought it. very easy to set up wifi. i have a spare battery (since i bought the 1400 extended) so hopefully it won't be bad
    were's the link for donor version and how much is it?
    Quote Originally Posted by palmbeach View Post
    were's the link for donor version and how much is it?

My Tether : Tethering for Palm Pre - turn your Palm Pre into 3G WiFi router!
    Trying to follow the instructions to root my pre so I can ad the tethering program SO I ad this command to CMD novacom -t open tty:// Like the instuctios say. I keep getting this responce back movacom is not reconized as an internal or external command operable program or batch file. Can anyone help me out.

Thanx
    Quote Originally Posted by fishwal9 View Post
    Trying to follow the instructions to root my pre so I can ad the tethering program SO I ad this command to CMD novacom -t open tty:// Like the instuctios say. I keep getting this responce back movacom is not reconized as an internal or external command operable program or batch file. Can anyone help me out.

Thanx
    did you install the SDK? sorry i dunno much about that method of rooting but something tells me you need sdk installed first
    MatterOfFactJack
    I'm sorry this has been discussed. I can get My Tether to work via USB, but not WiFi. Any help would be appreciated.
    I cannot get this to work at all i just keep getting the link error message what am i doing wrong?