Page 128 of 217 FirstFirst ... 2878118123124125126127128129130131132133138178 ... LastLast
Results 2,541 to 2,560 of 4339
    Good for $14.95. I can even bridge my WiFi to my WiFi-less desktop using the USB Cable...
    Quote Originally Posted by drizek View Post
    There is a difference between getting perks and disabling a ticking time bomb. Next Thursday the free app will no longer work.
    so what....? the app will still work via usb tether and BT tether which are both great solutions for tethering. If Wifi tethering is important and they dont feel like donating to receive the perk well.. i guess its really not that important then
    MatterOfFactJack
    I don't get why some people are getting so upset about paying for a very useful app... Aonic has put alot of work into this. He even offers a free version that works perfectly fine.

You aren't being forced to donate. After 1.2 comes out, you can still use USB tethering. So what's the problem? You're still getting a great service for free...
    I dunno if this has been answered yet or not (way too many pages to look through) but can you use webos quick install ( the new version) or preware to install this or do you HAVE to root to do this. If I can install w/ out rooting I would be happy to donate, but if not I can't run it (due to both my computers that I use being messed up right now, both pre-intel macs, I cannot do the root thing, and the pc use webosqi on it at work w/ no net connection so I can't read the rroting instructions online tp do it there)
    Global Posts
    273 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jack87 View Post
    well not really still has to pay for paypal as well as the IRS which is huge % to the IRS... but you have to keep in mind... it is against the SDK agreement to sell an app outside the app catalog and on top of that this app will never make it to the app catalog. As i mentioned earlier the free version is there for anyone to use as they like the donor version is simply a thank you and a little pirk to the donnors... trust me any chertie that gets large donations gets perks! such as rich famlies that donate to universities. their kids get pirks.. just as an example.. so consider the donor version a perk to do WEP/Custom SSID/Screen off When wifi tethering. so basically a few perks for wifi tethering usb/BT tethering are fully functional.. definitely not a Demo. Like i said this app is not something he is obligated to give out for free to anyone which he does so anyway. so i dont see any reason to have a problem with having a separate donor version. for the record Aonic told donors not to even talk about the donor version for a long time to not encourage donations so people who indeed wanted to make their own contributions had a little thank you from him. but people started talking about it an now it encourages donations and by all means the dev deserves it.. i dunno if all of you have noticed his support to this thread in precentral has dramatically gone down and i dont blame him as we see so many negative comments and criticism taking his hard work for granted... I think people should think twice before they just start blurting out garbage.
    I hope you're not referring to me in your "blurting out garbage" statement. I have no issues with developers getting some kick back for their hard work. I was merely commenting on the "Donation" aspect of the discussion. I have developed applications of different flavors for years. And I have made scraps compared to the work I've put in. I haven't tried to tackle webos yet because I really don't have the time or the need. Tons of people are stepping up to the plate in order to make these Pre's shine. A donation here and there is not a lot to ask for. I completely understand!

What I don't want to see is Palm's original concept of being "open source", destroyed by the greed of some of these over night devs. I love the way things have been working out until now. We've had a need and people have stepped up to help each other. You have to admit that app development has taken a weird turn since the revised app store and it's correlation with webos 1.2 started to grow a bond. It seems things are staring to become restricted and the noose is tightening up. Now don't go jumping to conclusions on who I am referring to. This last paragraph has nothing to do with this particular thread so.. I guess I could save this discussion for a more appropriate time and place.
    Quote Originally Posted by djdisturbed View Post
    I dunno if this has been answered yet or not (way too many pages to look through) but can you use webos quick install ( the new version) or preware to install this or do you HAVE to root to do this. If I can install w/ out rooting I would be happy to donate, but if not I can't run it (due to both my computers that I use being messed up right now, both pre-intel macs, I cannot do the root thing, and the pc use webosqi on it at work w/ no net connection so I can't read the rroting instructions online tp do it there)
    After you donate, you get access to the donor only version of My Tether which also comes with an installer. No rooting required.
    Quote Originally Posted by SiLlY View Post
    I hope you're not referring to me in your "blurting out garbage" statement. I have no issues with developers getting some kick back for their hard work. I was merely commenting on the "Donation" aspect of the discussion. I have developed applications of different flavors for years. And I have made scraps compared to the work I've put in. I haven't tried to tackle webos yet because I really don't have the time or the need. Tons of people are stepping up to the plate in order to make these Pre's shine. A donation here and there is not a lot to ask for. I completely understand!

What I don't want to see is Palm's original concept of being "open source", destroyed by the greed of some of these over night devs. I love the way things have been working out until now. We've had a need and people have stepped up to help each other. You have to admit that app development has taken a weird turn since the revised app store and it's correlation with webos 1.2 started to grow a bond. It seems things are staring to become restricted and the noose is tightening up. Now don't go jumping to conclusions on who I am referring to. This last paragraph has nothing to do with this particular thread so.. I guess I could save this discussion for a more appropriate time and place.
    No i was not referring to you at all the post was merely commenting on your original statement and elaborating on it not attacking sorry it look that way.
    MatterOfFactJack
    I'm wondering if its possible to use the Bluetooth tether (which is working like a charm for me) to reverse the flow and send files from my mac to the pre, eliminating the need for usb hardwiring altogether? So that songs, pics, backing-up, etc could all be sent wirelessly to the pre... my former phone had this built-in, and I miss it. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my Pre... it would just be nice to be completely wireless.
    Global Posts
    769 Global Posts
    You have already rooted your Pre, since you need to do so in order to install Preware.

And yes, just go into Preware, select MyTether and it will install the free version.
    You have already rooted your Pre, since you need to do so in order to install Preware.

And yes, just go into Preware, select MyTether and it will install the free version.
    ummm you dont need to root your pre to install preware if you use webos quick install to install it
    Global Posts
    769 Global Posts
    ummm you dont need to root your pre to install preware if you use webos quick install to install it
    The Pre needs to be in Developer Mode in order to use QuickInstall. Once you enable Developer Mode, you have root access to your Pre.
    The Pre needs to be in Developer Mode in order to use QuickInstall. Once you enable Developer Mode, you have root access to your Pre.
    ummm, really, I tought you have to use the terminal to get into the root of the pre (terminal on your computer) From what I understand the dev mode is not getting into the full root that they talk about when they say "root" your pre, at leastthats from everything i have read on here. and preware would NOT install the free version correctly (tried several times before asking)
    Global Posts
    769 Global Posts
    Yes, but all you do is open the terminal and you have root access, once you enable developer mode.

Preware installed it correctly on mine, BTW.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Wait i have My Tether installed and my Pre's not rooted.
    ???
    Yes, but all you do is open the terminal and you have root access, once you enable developer mode.

Preware installed it correctly on mine, BTW.
    well thats great, if you have a computer thats working right, but anyway, this is getting too off topic. I donated for the self installer version so i can install it, and hopfully i can get it to play well with my older powerbook (that is one of the ones that is messed up,but my keyboard and use busses are messed up, damn drink, getting a macbook pro soon)
    Ok so I went to install my tether with the pc at work (no internet connection) and I keep getting the error "The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000135). Click on ok to terminate the application". This is using the version that I got after I donated. Why am I getting this, and if I can't install it how can I get my money back?
    Ok so I went to install my tether with the pc at work (no internet connection) and I keep getting the error "The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000135). Click on ok to terminate the application". This is using the version that I got after I donated. Why am I getting this, and if I can't install it how can I get my money back?
    hum.. Work computer is a pc?... If so the installer is bassed on .net framework so make sure your computer has that on it. Maybe try updating it. Read directions in the donor fourm in the thread about the installer
    MatterOfFactJack
    check the donors forum. Might have better luck there.
    Quote Originally Posted by s1374537 View Post
    I'm wondering if its possible to use the Bluetooth tether (which is working like a charm for me) to reverse the flow and send files from my mac to the pre, eliminating the need for usb hardwiring altogether? So that songs, pics, backing-up, etc could all be sent wirelessly to the pre... my former phone had this built-in, and I miss it. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my Pre... it would just be nice to be completely wireless.
    If you don't mind doing a little bit of work, you can transfer files back and forth between your mac and your Pre wirelessly. It does involve getting into the linux system on the Pre and installing few things on the Pre to enable transfering files via SFTP.

Start Here

Take your time and read through the instructions. It's all there.
    Quote Originally Posted by jack87 View Post
    hum.. Work computer is a pc?... If so the installer is bassed on .net framework so make sure your computer has that on it. Maybe try updating it. Read directions in the donor fourm in the thread about the installer
    Yeah I thinkthat is the issue, BUT it only runs xp sp2, and I read you have to have sp3 to use .net ( well that's what the .net installer web page says) and we can't do the sp3 update on it b/c the dj software on it might freak out and stop working (its finacky like that, damn dell computer). I wish there was a way to install it using webos quick installer......