Page 127 of 217 FirstFirst ... 2777117122123124125126127128129130131132137177 ... LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,540 of 4339
    I seem to cant find the link for version 1.50
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jack87 View Post
    very weird! It worked when I tried are you making sure pre screen is not turning off and going to sleep?

The screen does turn off but still works fine with the laptop, but the touch sees the pre connects to the pre but no wi-fi signal I'm so Not sure whats going wrong. Any remedies would help.
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Any settings on the touch that have to be changed I wouldnt think so but I'm puzzled.
    Hi I have a dumb question about this app. I found that even without this app, I can pair my laptop to the pre via BT and its automatically a modem that I can use to go on the internet? How does this app do tethering differently?
    Quote Originally Posted by orangecream View Post
    Hi I have a dumb question about this app. I found that even without this app, I can pair my laptop to the pre via BT and its automatically a modem that I can use to go on the internet? How does this app do tethering differently?
    this app doesnt exactly act as a modem it is more so as a network adapter kinda like a computer doing internet connection sharing not dialing anywhere.

as for pairing with BT yes it is indeed possible goes into a pan network. how did you manage to do actually go into modem mode were able to actually share the network... I know there is a built in tethering thing but it is not functional as far as i know and requires MSL.

besides on top this app allows USB and WIFI Tethering which is both faster then BT tethering
    MatterOfFactJack
    Actually I was trying to pair the Pre to my laptop to see if it supports BT wireless file transfers (it doesn't). But I was paired, and I suddenly found myself online browsing the web even though my wifi was turned off. I hope sprint doesn't charge me $40 for that. :-\
    Quote Originally Posted by orangecream View Post
    Actually I was trying to pair the Pre to my laptop to see if it supports BT wireless file transfers (it doesn't). But I was paired, and I suddenly found myself online browsing the web even though my wifi was turned off. I hope sprint doesn't charge me $40 for that. :-\
    How long did the browsing last.. it it stop at one point. I remember that from early days of pre tethering but the browsing stopped functioning shortly after. They wont charge you dont sweat it... what my tether does is it doesnt allow the phone to stop the tethering like it used... but i am talking back in web os 1.03 i think since 1.1 most people use mytether as their tethering solution.
    MatterOfFactJack
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    If you feel My Tether is worth more than $14.95 then you can donate more than that. I did. Remember it's a donation. I don't think there is a limit.
    I don't know if your paid version allows install without rooting the Pre, but It would be nice to know. I have read too many posts and would like a comparison. You have probably answered this question many times, but I just can't seem to find the answer.

If no install without a rooted Pre, is there going to be an install that will work without having to enter code into the terminal etc.???

Just like the DevMode App, it seems like there could be a RootMe type app that will open the gateway...so to speak, then allow install of programs that require a rooted Palm Pre.

Thanks for your awsome program...looking forward to more great apps
    Global Posts
    769 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by primal View Post
    If you feel My Tether is worth more than $14.95 then you can donate more than that. I did. Remember it's a donation. I don't think there is a limit.
    I wish the donation was back to 9.99 with the option to donate more if you wish. With a free version out, it is hard to justify paying $15.

By making it a fixed fee instead of a donation, the author does not give people the opportunity to donate what they believe is an appropriate amount.

To the people suggesting he charge $30, it may well be the case that the app is worth that much, but he should not charge that much for it. The great thing about the iPhone is that there are a lot of great apps available for $1-$5. This actually encourages people to purchase more, and it encourages new developers. If somebody pays $30 for a tethering app they will be reluctant to pay for other apps.
    Can someone help me find the unicorn file: usbnet-pre to download to my XP so I can do USB tethering??? All I get is a text file...???
    It is a text file....rename it as an ".inf" as per the detailed instructions.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    It is indeed not a forced donation... considering there is instructions on the OP for the software for free. Keep in mind the Dev does not owe anyone a free tethering app. and considering 14.95 is a fraction of the price what it would cost if you were to use sprints phone as a modem plan (this phone doest not support) or their usb modem... any other tethering app for phoens int the past are more then double that price. On top of it all he is providing a free version but it just doesnt seem fair for the dev to spend all the time to create such a useful application and not receive some sort of thank you now does it. The Donor version is the Dev's way to show his appreciation.
    i'd call the free app more of a demo. its horribly crippled due to the screen turning off and threatened to be rendered useless by Web OS 1.2. also after using the free app i had to always reset my phone because the internet wouldn't work.

this isn't a donation forced or otherwise its a purchase. people would probably have less of a problem with it if the developer called it what it was which is a purchase. i paid the $15 and it wasn't a big deal but some seem to find the terminology to be insulting to them.
    Anyone know if a workaround was ever developed for WinXP computers on SP2 for USB tethering? This is my corporate laptop so I'm prevented from installing SP3. Thanks in advance.
    I got it to work fine and am happy with the work that the dev has done. Thank you to all devs!
    I simply just created a generic bluetooth PAN. When you use the default OSX software to connect to the PRE Bluetooth PAN is detected in the profile and setup automatically. Once that is done simply hit the connect button on the new Network preferences pane created for the PAN and you are all set. A word of warning. You get a system message from Sprint stating you are not authorized for access and to contact them. However the data connection continues to work just fine with pretty good performance. I have not contacted Sprint about the access issue.
    Global Posts
    273 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by winb83 View Post
    i'd call the free app more of a demo. its horribly crippled due to the screen turning off and threatened to be rendered useless by Web OS 1.2. also after using the free app i had to always reset my phone because the internet wouldn't work.

this isn't a donation forced or otherwise its a purchase. people would probably have less of a problem with it if the developer called it what it was which is a purchase. i paid the $15 and it wasn't a big deal but some seem to find the terminology to be insulting to them.
    I couldn't begin to explain the developers reason nor justify it. But I can say that labeling monetary transfers a "donation", when it comes to paypal.. is done to avoid fees from PP. Come to think of it.. probably the IRS too, depending on volume sold.

Just my guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by SiLlY View Post
    I couldn't begin to explain the developers reason nor justify it. But I can say that labeling monetary transfers a "donation", when it comes to paypal.. is done to avoid fees from PP. Come to think of it.. probably the IRS too, depending on volume sold.

Just my guess.
    well not really still has to pay for paypal as well as the IRS which is huge % to the IRS... but you have to keep in mind... it is against the SDK agreement to sell an app outside the app catalog and on top of that this app will never make it to the app catalog. As i mentioned earlier the free version is there for anyone to use as they like the donor version is simply a thank you and a little pirk to the donnors... trust me any chertie that gets large donations gets perks! such as rich famlies that donate to universities. their kids get pirks.. just as an example.. so consider the donor version a perk to do WEP/Custom SSID/Screen off When wifi tethering. so basically a few perks for wifi tethering usb/BT tethering are fully functional.. definitely not a Demo. Like i said this app is not something he is obligated to give out for free to anyone which he does so anyway. so i dont see any reason to have a problem with having a separate donor version. for the record Aonic told donors not to even talk about the donor version for a long time to not encourage donations so people who indeed wanted to make their own contributions had a little thank you from him. but people started talking about it an now it encourages donations and by all means the dev deserves it.. i dunno if all of you have noticed his support to this thread in precentral has dramatically gone down and i dont blame him as we see so many negative comments and criticism taking his hard work for granted... I think people should think twice before they just start blurting out garbage.
    MatterOfFactJack
    Global Posts
    769 Global Posts
    There is a difference between getting perks and disabling a ticking time bomb. Next Thursday the free app will no longer work.
    i dunno if all of you have noticed his support to this thread in precentral has dramatically gone down and i dont blame him as we see so many negative comments and criticism taking his hard work for granted... I think people should think twice before they just start blurting out garbage.
    Yeah and i don't blame him. There are to many people who want something for nothing. IF you don't want to do it the hard free way. Then donate and get the bonus of an installer. So in other terms... "Quite your crying and cough up $10" He deserves it anyway PERIOD.