Page 126 of 217 FirstFirst ... 2676116121122123124125126127128129130131136176 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,520 of 4339
    If he called it a payment, palm may have a problem with that. They might want a piece of the action. Calling it a donation makes it sound like just that.
    My tethering is working fine...but I cannot connect my Wii to it. Has anyone tried this?
    Quote Originally Posted by afo1201 View Post
    My tethering is working fine...but I cannot connect my Wii to it. Has anyone tried this?
    I'm pretty sure that won't work because of the required drivers. I tried my PSP and PS3 and neither could even detect the wifi-enabled Pre.

Anyways, yea the donation thing is a bummer. I read that it was only $10 but when I went to "donate", the minimum amount was at $15. Nevertheless, I payed the required amount and absolutely love it!

Both wifi and usb work flawlessly on Vista. Lol, I even got my brother's iPhone to connect successfully when in wifi mode. Even USB works on Linux (Ubuntu). My only request would be to get wifi to work on Linux (since I rarely use Windows).

Other than that, no complaints at all.

"We all follow the Chelsea!!!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Dtom2444 View Post
    I'm pretty sure that won't work because of the required drivers. I tried my PSP and PS3 and neither could even detect the wifi-enabled Pre.

Anyways, yea the donation thing is a bummer. I read that it was only $10 but when I went to "donate", the minimum amount was at $15. Nevertheless, I payed the required amount and absolutely love it!

Both wifi and usb work flawlessly on Vista. Lol, I even got my brother's iPhone to connect successfully when in wifi mode. Even USB works on Linux (Ubuntu). My only request would be to get wifi to work on Linux (since I rarely use Windows).

Other than that, no complaints at all.
    I have also tried my kids psp3000 and his ds lite. It could be the drivers installed on these devices, but it could also be the net cards installed in the devices. I know the psp is compatible with ad-hoc connnections.
    I'm having problems rooting my Pre. I did the command prompt thing but it said that novacom is not recognized. Any tips? I've put the Pre in developer mode.
    u dont need to root ur pre anymore...u can just install the 1.5 version using quick install
    I just got my Pre to work with MyTether via USB.

Here are some test with USB tethering:

Here are the results with WiFi Tethering:

I'm doing the testing in my house. I my old phone (as of 9/14/2009) a HTC/Mogul would consistently get between 1 - 1.5 Mbits down and about the same speed up.. I am disappointed in the download speed from the Pre. Is there anything I can do to tweak it?

Thanks

PS. Just for fun I'm going to add my FIOS results:

I feel stupid. I looked through Quick Install and I did not see My Tether. Is is under another name?
    i wouldnt know....i got the 2.01 version
    wheres the 2.01 version?
    ok I can not find My Tether and everywhere on the internet is telling me to root my Pre.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzungu12 View Post
    wheres the 2.01 version?
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzungu12 View Post
    ok I can not find My Tether and everywhere on the internet is telling me to root my Pre.
    You have to signup for this forum first. Once you have a username you have to pay $14.95 (they call it a donation, forced != donation IMO). When sending the payment for the software remember to add your mytether forum username.

Once the payment is received you'll be given access to the "Donors" only forum where you'll be able to download 2.0.1. Access for me was almost instant - not sure if I was just lucky or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by loupy View Post
    You have to signup for this forum first. Once you have a username you have to pay $14.95 (they call it a donation, forced != donation IMO). When sending the payment for the software remember to add your mytether forum username.

Once the payment is received you'll be given access to the "Donors" only forum where you'll be able to download 2.0.1. Access for me was almost instant - not sure if I was just lucky or not.
    It is indeed not a forced donation... considering there is instructions on the OP for the software for free. Keep in mind the Dev does not owe anyone a free tethering app. and considering 14.95 is a fraction of the price what it would cost if you were to use sprints phone as a modem plan (this phone doest not support) or their usb modem... any other tethering app for phoens int the past are more then double that price. On top of it all he is providing a free version but it just doesnt seem fair for the dev to spend all the time to create such a useful application and not receive some sort of thank you now does it. The Donor version is the Dev's way to show his appreciation.
    Last edited by jack87; 09/16/2009 at 04:19 PM.
    MatterOfFactJack
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jack87 View Post
    It is indeed not a forced donation... considering there is instructions on the OP for the software for free. Keep in mind the Dev does not owe anyone a free tethering app. and considering 14.95 is a fraction of the price what it would cost if you were to use sprints phone as a modem plan (this phone doest not support) or their usb modem... any other tethering app for phoens int the past are more then double that price. On top of it all he is providing a free version but it just doesnt seem fair for the dev to spend all the time to create such a useful application and not receive some sort of thank you now does it.
    I agree with devs being compensated for their time and effort and I had no problems paying the $14.95 fee. What we're talking about is semantical more than anything. The only way to get 2.0.1 as far as I can tell is to pay $14.95 - that is more than a thank you; that is a fee for a service or app NOT a donation.

I appreciate the fact that a free version is offered and if I used it and found it useful I would definitely donate for that app. But there are 2 different versions 1.5.0 which can be downloaded and installed for free and 2.0.1 which can only be acquired by paying a $14.95 FEE.
    For the 2.0.1 App he should charge $30. It's worth it!!
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by egretman View Post
    For the 2.0.1 App he should charge $30. It's worth it!!
    Agreed - I wouldn't have a problem paying $30 for the app.
    I had the previous mytether version and i loved it, but phone messed up and now i cannot find it anywhere. :-(
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Help needed!!! Got my tether donation works great on my laptop via wi-fi. I also have an ipod touch, it sees the pre connection connects to the pre's connection but will NOT give me a signal. Is there something that needs to be done? If I can get my laptop to connect and surf the web, but not the ipod touch what am I doing wrong? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by fathom614; 09/16/2009 at 09:30 PM. Reason: added wording
    very nice kudos
    Quote Originally Posted by fathom614 View Post
    Help needed!!! Got my tether donation works great on my laptop via wi-fi. I also have an ipod touch, it sees the pre connection connects to the pre's connection but will NOT give me a signal. Is there something that needs to be done? If I can get my laptop to connect and surf the web, but not the ipod touch what am I doing wrong? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    very weird! It worked when I tried are you making sure pre screen is not turning off and going to sleep?
    MatterOfFactJack