Page 125 of 217 FirstFirst ... 2575115120121122123124125126127128129130135175 ... LastLast
Results 2,481 to 2,500 of 4339
    BUMP

The paypal email address linked to my account is not active/valid. Is there another way we can do this perhaps?
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
    I think it's a windows wifi problem not a Tether problem. It's caching
    information about networks it has seen recently. It works the other
    way sometimes too. I'll refresh the network list several times and
    not see the My Tether network. I tried in on a couple netbooks at Best
    Buy recently, and noticed that their list of networks could
    change dramatically from refresh to refresh, or get stuck showing
    one thing for a long time.

ian
    I'll check that out as soon as I can. I'll let you know what happens.
    will the rooted verison 1.5 get updated for 1.2 wifi
    Does anyone use webOS 1.1 or 1.2 with the roam-only hack and My Tether? If so, does anyone have an issue in which the 1x radio constantly flashes off and on while tethering? I have this issue using any tethering method (wifi, USB, BT). When this happens, the internet on my PC stops working. When the icon flashes off, internet stops, when it flashes back on, internet works. I tried flashing back to 1.0.4 and everything worked fine again, so I know this is a 1.1/1.2 problem. I have low Sprint service at my house so I have to roam to get decent speeds.
    will donors be required to make another donation after 1.2 comes out,
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
    I think it's a windows wifi problem not a Tether problem. It's caching
    information about networks it has seen recently. It works the other
    way sometimes too. I'll refresh the network list several times and
    not see the My Tether network. I tried in on a couple netbooks at Best
    Buy recently, and noticed that their list of networks could
    change dramatically from refresh to refresh, or get stuck showing
    one thing for a long time.

ian
    I think mine stays on as well. It shows up no matter how many times I refresh and I can actually connect to it (ad hoc). May be the cause of my battery drain.
    Quote Originally Posted by texdoctor View Post
    all future updates r free for donors
    I'm experiencing the same issue as described as far as battery drain and aonet still showing up.
    i find bluetooth to work better then USB or WIFI
    Just donated and installed My Tether.

Honestly, I don't even know if that is good for Sprints 3G network.

Almost T1 speed.. Funny how a T1 feels like dial up now.. I'm 20/5 on Verizon FIOS for LAN..

Still, love the tethering. I was using wifi router on my Mogul and had internet access almost everywhere.

Thanks Raja!
    I'm using it right now. It's pretty cool.
    Cannot receive IP address while tethering over WiFI anymore

I used the installer and it worked fine for a couple of days. But now, i am not receiving an IP address when i Tether over WiFI. Nothing that I know of has changed in my Pre or on my computer and I havn't installed any new software.

Can someone please help, i have searched and this question keeps coming up, but no one seems to have the answer or at least that I can find. da06crew@gmail.com
    Quote Originally Posted by da06crew View Post
    Cannot receive IP address while tethering over WiFI anymore

I used the installer and it worked fine for a couple of days. But now, i am not receiving an IP address when i Tether over WiFI. Nothing that I know of has changed in my Pre or on my computer and I havn't installed any new software.

Can someone please help, i have searched and this question keeps coming up, but no one seems to have the answer or at least that I can find. da06crew@gmail.com
    perhaps your pre is going to sleep which kills your wifi connection either keep the screen on or place the pre onto a charger when wifi tethering.
    MatterOfFactJack
    This app is awesome. I never used it until I went on vacation and had no choice (i.e. pay $11 bucks for a few minutes or give the program a whirl).

This app rocks! Everyone should give it a whirl or at least have the common sense to set it up so that it can be used if you needed.
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Can Anyone tell me how I get the download info once I've donated. I donated earlier today but only received a paypal receipt. Didn't receive any info on getting 2.0.1
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruh-Man View Post
    Can Anyone tell me how I get the download info once I've donated. I donated earlier today but only received a paypal receipt. Didn't receive any info on getting 2.0.1
    go to mytether.net and register to use the fourm the instructions are in the donor fourm so register using your paypal email addy. Yyou can use whatever usernam you want but use your paypal addy when it asks for an email
    MatterOfFactJack
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Hey does your Pre have to be rooted to use the new 2.0.1?
    650700p755pPre
    Quote Originally Posted by Flhd View Post
    Hey does your Pre have to be rooted to use the new 2.0.1?
    no
    MatterOfFactJack
    Quote Originally Posted by texdoctor View Post
    Hahahahahahahahah. Now that is hilarious. If the donation is required, it's no longer a donation.

Note: I am totally for developers getting compensated for their work, especially an amazing app like this, I just found the irony in that quote too much to not comment on.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyFripple View Post
    Hahahahahahahahah. Now that is hilarious. If the donation is required, it's no longer a donation.

Note: I am totally for developers getting compensated for their work, especially an amazing app like this, I just found the irony in that quote too much to not comment on.
    That's the problem - if you want to use the latest version (2.0.1 i think) you MUST "donate." I think the dev should stop calling it a donation as everyone is forced to pay up first before getting the software. I have no prob with paying for apps that are useful, but I do have an issue with being forced to "donate."