Page 123 of 217 FirstFirst ... 2373113118119120121122123124125126127128133173 ... LastLast
Results 2,441 to 2,460 of 4339
    Quote Originally Posted by skyheli View Post
    My update is disabled until we know for sure that tethering will still work
    haha like i said
    MatterOfFactJack
    Global Posts
    532 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by skyheli View Post
    My update is disabled until we know for sure that tethering will still work
    Mytether WIFI will work on the donation version of the program, confirmed by Aonic on mytether.net.

Screen Shot of Thread.
    mytether.jpg
    Hi all once you tether to your Pre to your laptop is there any limitations to the download size? (I'm new at this)
    Quote Originally Posted by RINGTONE JOE View Post
    Hi all once you tether to your Pre to your laptop is there any limitations to the download size? (I'm new at this)
    there is no limit.. but its not ment for downloading anything its for browsing the web chatting research stuff like that. do not abuse tethering and do not torrent with it and all is well otherwise sprint will come after you. they have already contacted a few people who abused it
    MatterOfFactJack
    Quote Originally Posted by RINGTONE JOE View Post
    5 gig a month
    Global Posts
    285 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lorcha View Post
    Now that the SDK is out, it's absurdly easy to access linux.

1. Instal the SDK according to the directions from Palm.
    2. Put your phone into developer mode (from the home screen, type 'upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart', open the Developer Mode app and put the phone into developer mode. It will prompt you to restart).
    3. Connect your phone to the computer using your USB cable. Select "Charge Only" on the Pre
    4. Go to (I'm assuming you're on Windows here) Start -> Run and type 'cmd' (without the quotes) and hit enter.
    5. Once you're in the command prompt, type 'novacom -t open tty://' (again, without the quotes).
    6. You'll see a prompt root@castle:/# ←[J which means you're in! Type whatever commands you want (but be careful! very easy to hose your Pre when you're logged in as root!)

That is how you access linux (formerly called rooting the pre) on your Pre. Yes, it really is that easy.
    OK..i followed all that and i get 'novacom' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

HELP
    ...and anything over they can bill for!!

Quote Originally Posted by amer3 View Post
    5 gig a month
    Global Posts
    285 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by deparson View Post
    ...and anything over they can bill for!!
    I have never been charged on previous phone ..some months with over 14gb/month
    Quote Originally Posted by DocHemi View Post
    I have never been charged on previous phone ..some months with over 14gb/month
    the limit exists for mifi and for wireless modems and phone as a modem plans for phones that support it... your phone it self does not have a data limit.. it is indeed unlimited... and tethering in ways that sprint cant detect it than you have unlimited data... just dont be a moron and over do it. than it hurts everyone who likes to tether and it also gets sprint pissed at you and they can cancel your service to.

few have already been contacted by sprint and their data plan suspended.
    MatterOfFactJack
    Quote Originally Posted by jack87 View Post
    the limit exists for mifi and for wireless modems and phone as a modem plans for phones that support it... your phone it self does not have a data limit.. it is indeed unlimited... and tethering in ways that sprint cant detect it than you have unlimited data... just dont be a moron and over do it. than it hurts everyone who likes to tether and it also gets sprint pissed at you and they can cancel your service to.

few have already been contacted by sprint and their data plan suspended.
    do u know if aonic is gonna include the wifi fix in 2.02 or b4 that comes out?
  11.    #2451  
    I was working on the features to be added to 2.0.2, but obviously this problem with 1.2 took priority, so I've spent my time tackling this issue instead. I've made a new stick about WebOS 1.2 & My Tether in the donor forums maxima, you should check it out since youre a donor.
    My Tether - version 2.1.0 now live. No patching, no ad-hoc, more features!
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    do u know if aonic is gonna include the wifi fix in 2.02 or b4 that comes out?
    the fix is not part of 2.0.2 he made a thread about the fix in mytether.net donor section go read it. i dunno what he has planned for 2.0.2
    Last edited by jack87; 09/11/2009 at 12:05 AM.
    MatterOfFactJack
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Will the 1.2 upgrade brick the phone with MyTether installed?

(i.e. should I run some sort of uninstall script before I update?)
    Quote Originally Posted by orb360 View Post
    Will the 1.2 upgrade brick the phone with MyTether installed?

(i.e. should I run some sort of uninstall script before I update?)
    the past 5 pages or so have this question on it once or twice per page... the answer is no! mytether is not a patch it does not change system files it will not brick your pre. it is an app just like all the others
    MatterOfFactJack
    I can confirm for anyone who's wondering that the newest donor version does fix the issue in 1.2 for tethering over Wifi:

Just saw that over in the donor section as well. what a relief. hopefully sprint doesnt try and kill it again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Diako View Post
    Just saw that over in the donor section as well. what a relief. hopefully sprint doesnt try and kill it again.
    maybe less chat about the subject in this public thread would help keep it on the down low
    MatterOfFactJack
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    I cross posted this in the Preware thread -- not sure where it belongs.

Using preware to install 1.5, I received the error "cannot install", however upon rebooting the app was successfully installed.

Does anybody know if this is intended/expected behavior, or if I have a potentially corrupted install?
    Is it possible to install this program (Version 2) from your pre? I already donated, however, if I can cut out the install from Windows and go right to my pre that would be awesome.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by inrelief View Post
    I cross posted this in the Preware thread -- not sure where it belongs.

Using preware to install 1.5, I received the error "cannot install", however upon rebooting the app was successfully installed.

Does anybody know if this is intended/expected behavior, or if I have a potentially corrupted install?
    I got the same.