Page 122 of 217 FirstFirst ... 2272112117118119120121122123124125126127132172 ... LastLast
Results 2,421 to 2,440 of 4339
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Grace View Post
    Sorry, that's not correct. Many people, including me, ONLY use the WiFi mode to tether. On some Macs, for example, the USB mode doesn't work.
    Lets not forget also that with wifi tethering you can use things like your ipod touch with them also. I really hope we get it back. It was one of the best features of the phone. Something you could really rub in iphone user face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Klownicle View Post
    You may also still tether it only breaks the WiFi mode, and almost if not ALL Tether type setups are directly wired or bluetooth. You rarely see a WiFi mode, infact the instinct used USB and Bluetooth Tething.
    That is why WiFi is incredibly useful. Many of us, myself included, can't really use tethering unless it is with WiFi. Its loss will be SEVERELY missed.
    The power behind WebOS (and Android, and Maemo, and Google itself) is Linux!
    Yeah no wifi is going to suck no more wow van lan parties to cali. (i live in nevada)
    well..couldn't you just tether the Pre via USB, then run adhoc on your computer and everyone connect to your computer and bridge to the internet that way?

You can still have your wow lan van parties.
    i REALLLLLY hope someone is able to figure out a way to get it to work in 1.2 as i use this program on a daily basis.
    Quote Originally Posted by thekarens View Post
    I also use the WiFi method. I couldn't get the USB method to work. I haven't tried bluetooth as of yet.
    +1. I'm in exactly the same boat. I honestly haven't tried USB much and didn't try bluetooth at all cause I was perfectly happy with using wifi. I don't get y palm would specifically disable just that! Its really dumb.
    Quote Originally Posted by schnoid View Post
    +1. I'm in exactly the same boat. I honestly haven't tried USB much and didn't try bluetooth at all cause I was perfectly happy with using wifi. I don't get y palm would specifically disable just that! Its really dumb.
    didnt sprint just release a mifi device this is why the disabled the wi-fi so they can sell u this terd
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rich1976 View Post
    didnt sprint just release a mifi device this is why the disabled the wi-fi so they can sell u this terd
    rich1976 2 posts #2=terd GET IT. Oh and thanks for the insight on Sprint products, I'm sure few here that use a Sprint only phone were unaware. Get a life somewhere else.
    No, that's undoubtedly right, Sprint doesn't want us to be able to set up mobile hotspots with the Pre, because that's what their MiFi is for.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsa334 View Post
    rich1976 2 posts #2=terd GET IT. Oh and thanks for the insight on Sprint products, I'm sure few here that use a Sprint only phone were unaware. Get a life somewhere else.
    "get a life somewhere else" do you have down syndrome or something thats the best u got huh no wonder u couldnt figure it out
    anyway i was just reading on this thread about how 1.2 is going to disable the tethering through wi-fi is the developer going tofix this for the people who donated to get it?I figured it was just a matter of time b4 sprint would ***** about this feature with the mobile mi-fi was coming out so i guess its now.Most likely sice the canadian carrier probably doesnt offer this it probably wont be blocked.
    saw this app and thought it was amazing untill i did all the steps to create it and nothing worked. I installed all the software needed and now an error: HTTP:/1.1 404 not found shows up. please help fix problem asap.

Seriouly does anyone know how to fix this problem
    Thank You

Got usb working in preparation of 1.2 update. Nice speeds and well done app.
    It's worth getiing the paid version for several of the features. Keeping WiFi would deinitely be high on the list.
    Are we to remove this "tweak" before the update from Palm? I know that it is a homebrew app, which they say is not needed to remove, but we make systems changes as root when it's installed. Does something need to be changed or is this not going to matter when the update is released? Please Advise!?! Thanks!
    Global Posts
    1,010 Global Posts
    aonic has posted a message in his forum for donors that he has WiFi working again in webos 1.2. Of course we won't know until released.

They've also confirmed that Bluetooth still works with the current version of MyTether and os1.2.
    this is a very nice app, but I hardly tether. Wifi is great, but Im not sure if I will pay for it.
    Dont fear peeps with aonic on the case.... he now has leaked 1.2 im sure its only a matter of time.. lets wait for the official 1.2 to hit the shelves before you panic..

Quote Originally Posted by free hurricane View Post
    this is a very nice app, but I hardly tether. Wifi is great, but Im not sure if I will pay for it.
    for the record... aonic does not owe anyone a tethering app weather its wifi or usb or bt.... its only fair to make a donation (not pay for it considering there is a free one no one is required to donate) but it seems a little unfair for him to provide countless hours of work and effort for people to take it all for granted.
    Last edited by jack87; 09/10/2009 at 02:37 PM.
    MatterOfFactJack
    Quote Originally Posted by xorg View Post
    aonic has posted a message in his forum for donors that he has WiFi working again in webos 1.2. Of course we won't know until released.

They've also confirmed that Bluetooth still works with the current version of MyTether and os1.2.
    Oooh Thank god, I was actually thinking disabling the upgrade from sprint because of this.
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    My update is disabled until we know for sure that tethering will still work