Page 120 of 217 FirstFirst ... 2070110115116117118119120121122123124125130170 ... LastLast
Results 2,381 to 2,400 of 4339
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ericizzy1 View Post
    does this work on the new 1.2?
    Word is that 1.2 destroys mytether from working... so far at least.....hopefully an update is in the works
    Quote Originally Posted by jack87 View Post
    its a lot easier than webos quick install. if you have the sdk or the novacom driver installed than all you do is run a simple exe it does it all. dont get me wrong webos quick install is really easy for a number of apps. but aonic installer is super easy for his app.
    Great. Thanks for the info. One more question. Is there an easy way to remove it before you do an OS update, or would it just be easiest to backup, then WebOSDoctor my Pre? And I know 1.2 is not out yet and that it is not officially tested on 1.2. I am just wondering.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sixerztres View Post
    Great app, but forced donations aren't donations.
    yeah the trial app is useless because the screen will cut off and you'll lose your connection. i'm glad i waited this out seeing as how the wifi tethering is out in 1.2 and i wanted to use this with my ipod touch anyway.
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    ok, someone please help me because i cannot for the life of me figure this out...i have installed a free version of My Tether (thru Preware) and i can get internet to work thru usb tether but nothing (not even showing on my 32-bit Vista laptop...any suggestions?
    Quote Originally Posted by long_tall_texan View Post
    Great. Thanks for the info. One more question. Is there an easy way to remove it before you do an OS update, or would it just be easiest to backup, then WebOSDoctor my Pre? And I know 1.2 is not out yet and that it is not officially tested on 1.2. I am just wondering.
    you have no need to remove it. its not a patch. but just orange tap
    Quote Originally Posted by markgowen View Post
    ok, someone please help me because i cannot for the life of me figure this out...i have installed a free version of My Tether (thru Preware) and i can get internet to work thru usb tether but nothing (not even showing on my 32-bit Vista laptop...any suggestions?
    what? if it works how is there nothing idont understand. if the issue you are running into is via wifi tethering than make sure your pre is charging one way or another when wifi tethering. when screen turns off it disables wifi. if your internet is not working via wifi or usb. than the preware installer just doesnt do the trick. jason has made that installer not aonic. best way to install mytether is to fallow the directions on the OP.
    MatterOfFactJack
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts

what? if it works how is there nothing idont understand. if the issue you are running into is via wifi tethering than make sure your pre is charging one way or another when wifi tethering. when screen turns off it disables wifi. if your internet is not working via wifi or usb. than the preware installer just doesnt do the trick. jason has made that installer not aonic. best way to install mytether is to fallow the directions on the OP.
    The only way that the internet works is if it is connected thru USB, i cannot get my laptop to "see it" to be able to connect thru wifi, i have tried everything.
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts

this is what it says when WiFi Tethering:

Enabling WiFi Tethering...

Enabling Ad-Hoc WiFi

Network: AoNet

Tethering ON

However I cannot connect
    Hey guys. I found a great way to keep your Wifi connecttion running. Just download any of the clock apps from the homebrews, like "Digi Clock" or "Time piece" both of thos keep the screen from going out when its running.

Also...just to confirm....I DON't have to uninstall MyTether before the WebOS update????
    Great. Thanks for the quick reply.

Enabling Ad-Hoc WiFi

Tethering ON

However I cannot connect

You have to download the driver. follow these instructions.
    How to Tether Your Palm Pre as a USB Modem! | Palm Pre Hacks Blog!
    Quote Originally Posted by TEEBEE View Post
    You have to download the driver. follow these instructions.
    How to Tether Your Palm Pre as a USB Modem! | Palm Pre Hacks Blog!
    u dont need the usb driver to connect to wifi
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    u dont need the usb driver to connect to wifi
    Maybe not wifi but if you have a newer laptop or desktop there is built in wifi hardware already installed or most people have networking cards. I use the palm pre's internet as a backup if my cable wifi go's down or if im in the car with my Lap Top.

Enabling Ad-Hoc WiFi

Tethering ON

However I cannot connect
    make sure your pre screen is on or your phone is charging. otherwise check your computer settings you may have it blocking ad hoc connections.. the pre uses adhoc for wifi. so if your computer does not show adhoc you need to enable it. what os are you running. in all honesty i only know how to enable winxp adhoc not too sure about win 7 or win vista. perhaps others can help you with that if that indeed is the issue. good luck.
    MatterOfFactJack
    well, no one seems to confirm 1.2 working or not but according to WebOS Wiki a teathering program is being stopped, assuming this is it because it's the only one I know thus far.... anyone got news of a way to bypass that
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    For the most part any app that reached deeper than
    the WebOS UI will need to be updated to work with 1.2,
    including this one.

ian
    thanks!
    no $%^&ing way I am going to 1.2 to gain some crappy eye-candy features if it costs me the ability to tether!

Im not a biblical dude at all, but this applies nicely: For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world and forfeits his soul?

No Word Doc editing, No Blue Tooth Push (OBEX), No direct PDF in browser abilities, NOTHING that actuially benefits the world of business or research. A bunch of crappy superficial "features" rushed out just to make Palm falsely look responsive and to do away with tethering.

The only halfway decent thing in 1.2 is the enhanced copy and paste, and that still didn't look fully refined. None of that crap is worth losing MyTether or my Tweaks. NO WAY.
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by superduperpre View Post
    no $%^&ing way I am going to 1.2 to gain some crappy eye-candy features if it costs me the ability to tether!
    I don't think you will have a choice. When 1.2 is released, it will download and install to your pre without confirmation from you. The only way to stop it would be to turn the phone off.
    Quote Originally Posted by bakerja View Post
    I don't think you will have a choice. When 1.2 is released, it will download and install to your pre without confirmation from you. The only way to stop it would be to turn the phone off.
    There is a patch to shut that off..
    The 1.2 patch will nerf the ability for the Pre to act like an AP. Dont hate Palm for this since the Bell Mobility Pre has tethering just fine BUILT IN but hate the smucks at Sprint for what is going to be a cat and mouse game to keep an ability that all other phones had in the past.