Page 12 of 217 FirstFirst ... 278910111213141516172262112 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 240 of 4339
  1. #221  
    Quote Originally Posted by aonic View Post
    you need to install webosinternals.shell service.
    I did.
  2. #222  
    Oh, and the wifi password is a WEP. I've tried every password I have and nothing works.
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
  3. Funkquito's Avatar
    Posts
    10 Posts
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    #223  
    great app aonic!! USB works fantastically. Thanks for all your time and dedication in creating this wonderful app.
  4. #224  
    Quote Originally Posted by free hurricane View Post
    I did.
    Also, its not letting me start usbnet. Every time I try it reverts to off when I check the menu again. I deleted my tether and reinstalled. I dragged the internal connection package to the install.bat or whatever again, it still is not working. It tells me wifi is on when its not. It wont let me start usbnet.
  5.    #225  
    Quote Originally Posted by free hurricane View Post
    Also, its not letting me start usbnet. Every time I try it reverts to off when I check the menu again. I deleted my tether and reinstalled. I dragged the internal connection package to the install.bat or whatever again, it still is not working. It tells me wifi is on when its not. It wont let me start usbnet.
    those all sound like the shell service is not installed, or started. did you install the shell service with root or SDK?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rennat View Post
    Oh, and the wifi password is a WEP. I've tried every password I have and nothing works.
    that's weird. theres no reason that PreNet should have a password :s
    My Tether - version 2.1.0 now live. No patching, no ad-hoc, more features!
  6. #226  
    Quote Originally Posted by free hurricane View Post
    Also, its not letting me start usbnet. Every time I try it reverts to off when I check the menu again. I deleted my tether and reinstalled. I dragged the internal connection package to the install.bat or whatever again, it still is not working. It tells me wifi is on when its not. It wont let me start usbnet.
    You have to install webinternals from Root! Not from dragging to the SDK install.bat.
  7. #227  
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    You have to install webinternals from Root! Not from dragging to the SDK install.bat.
    Reading comprehension ftw. Thanks man.
  8. #228  
    Ok, I found out what was wrong. I had my Pre connected to my wifi router at home while using tethering. So it was redirecting me to my wifi router so when I was connecting to it I was actually connecting to my home wifi. I disconnected it from my home router and tried it again and it works beautifully.
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
  9. #229  
    Def gonna wait until there's at least a WEP password option for WiFi. I can imagine sitting in a coffee shop with this on & a bunch of people using my Pre's connection. Potential security issue with that too.

    But great job aonic! Im using the usb method & it works awesome!
  10. #230  
    Ok so.. WiFi only worked after going in to my TCP/IP settings on my laptop and turning off automatic metric and setting it to 100, how can we eliminate that step? This is soo close to being perfect!
  11. #231  
    Quote Originally Posted by peestandingup View Post
    Def gonna wait until there's at least a WEP password option for WiFi. I can imagine sitting in a coffee shop with this on & a bunch of people using my Pre's connection. Potential security issue with that too.

    But great job aonic! Im using the usb method & it works awesome!
    Hehe, I was totally running this exact same scenario through my head with your coffee shop.
  12. #232  
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    Hehe, I was totally running this exact same scenario through my head with your coffee shop.
    Can more than one person connect to an ad-hoc network at a time?
  13. #233  
    Great work aonic, I just made a donation.

    Quote Originally Posted by aonic View Post
    Guys, should I make WiFi the default screen when you launch My Tether? Or keep USB as default?
    I'd prefer WiFi as the default. In a future release I'd love the ability to change the SSID and set a WPA or WEP key.
  14. #234  
    Quote Originally Posted by peestandingup View Post
    Def gonna wait until there's at least a WEP password option for WiFi. I can imagine sitting in a coffee shop with this on & a bunch of people using my Pre's connection. Potential security issue with that too.

    But great job aonic! Im using the usb method & it works awesome!
    Agreed. Aonic, what's the chance this can be implemented? I got more donation money ready
    Neil
    Handspring Visor Deluxe > Treo 600 > Palm Pre > iPhone 4s & Touchpad 32gb
  15.    #235  
    Quote Originally Posted by mdmogren View Post
    Ok so.. WiFi only worked after going in to my TCP/IP settings on my laptop and turning off automatic metric and setting it to 100, how can we eliminate that step? This is soo close to being perfect!
    I didn't have to do this, this is the first ive heard of this too. Anyone else had this issue?

    Quote Originally Posted by rmarchant View Post
    Great work aonic, I just made a donation.


    I'd prefer WiFi as the default. In a future release I'd love the ability to change the SSID and set a WPA or WEP key.

    Quote Originally Posted by neoGTR22 View Post
    Agreed. Aonic, what's the chance this can be implemented? I got more donation money ready
    Thank you! I'll be sending out an email to people who donated later tonight about security features
    My Tether - version 2.1.0 now live. No patching, no ad-hoc, more features!
  16. #236  
    Unfortunately, due to (I think) the conflict between novacomd and the usb network driver, trying this out not only required me to wipe my Pre, but I'm also having to reconfigure some things on my laptop. Ah well--the price of experimentation. I suspect my particular setup made the difference, so I wouldn't assume it was applicable to anyone else. {ProfJonathan}
    Prof. Jonathan I. Ezor
    Writer, PreCentral
    Past Palm Real Reviewer
    @webOSquire on Twitter
  17. #237  
    Quote Originally Posted by rmarchant View Post
    Great work aonic, I just made a donation.



    I'd prefer WiFi as the default. In a future release I'd love the ability to change the SSID and set a WPA or WEP key.
    With his latest version, Use Wifi once and it'll be the default everytime you load the App as it defaults to last used choice. Should be good enough.
  18. #238  
    [QUOTE=aonic;1741037]I didn't have to do this, this is the first ive heard of this too. Anyone else had this issue?
    [QUOTE]

    I switched this back off and it connected fine the second time around. I'm running windows 7, that may have something to do with it.
  19. #239  
    Quote Originally Posted by aonic View Post
    Thank you! I'll be sending out an email to people who donated later tonight about security features
    Dude you rock
    Neil
    Handspring Visor Deluxe > Treo 600 > Palm Pre > iPhone 4s & Touchpad 32gb
  20. zpoettker's Avatar
    Posts
    65 Posts
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    #240  
    Awesome, it works. Seems I had to disable manual config of ip address and I turned off the 100 value thing as well. This will be very handy when at school this fall. Hopefully they don't make a fix for this.

Posting Permissions