Page 118 of 217 FirstFirst ... 1868108113114115116117118119120121122123128168 ... LastLast
Results 2,341 to 2,360 of 4339
    Quote Originally Posted by scavnger View Post
    Do you get the screen that says "Tethering Enabled" like in the first post on your Pre? (First post, picture on the right.) If you do, then you should be able to see the AoNet wifi connection from your laptop. If you do not see that connection, follow some of the examples that people have listed in this thread: reboot everything. Refresh the network connections screen. Don't let the Pre go dead. In fact, I can still see the AoNet connection AFTER I disable the tethering. Won't get an IP, but the Pre must still be broadcasting.
    You see it in your computer is because the wifi is a adhoc connection.. and when you have an adhoc connection it is added to your list of proffered networks and your computer will now broadcast that adhoc connection just like the pre was... but you are nto seeing it from the pre its your computer this time broadcasting it which is why you are unable to get a connection unless another computer connects now you will be connected to another computer but still no internet just network from one computer to the other
    Quote Originally Posted by navinag View Post
    I've installed.....rebooted....uninstalled...rebooted..tried all the versions enev the donor version. I can even log onto the Pre and see that it tkinks that is broadcasting my ssid . Everything appears to be working on the Pre but I can't see a broadcasted ssid . I looked up how manually query the wireless and check its stated from webosinternals website under adhoc networking. Everything checks out. And my wireless radio does work on my Pre because that is what I am using on my Pre right now to reply to this post.
    make sure your pre screen remains on when using wifi. either that or have the pre connected to a charger some how then screen can go off.
    MatterOfFactJack
    did this app get removed? it's not on filecoaster and the link to download it on the homebrew applist on precentral just takes you to the precentral home page???
    it is not removed file coaster would not install a working version of this app. read the OP. Fallow the instructions on there.
    MatterOfFactJack
    I have installed the free version via root, and I just purchaced the paid version... should i uninstall the free version first?

btw, I just moved into my new apartment and it will be 10 days until they hook internet up.. this program will save my sanity!!

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by soljarag View Post
    I have installed the free version via root, and I just purchaced the paid version... should i uninstall the free version first?

btw, I just moved into my new apartment and it will be 10 days until they hook internet up.. this program will save my sanity!!

Thanks!
    just run his exe installer you will be set.
    MatterOfFactJack
    i tried to download this from the page and the link just brings me to the news page?? where can i get it from?
    Quote Originally Posted by mryrtle75 View Post
    i tried to download this from the page and the link just brings me to the news page?? where can i get it from?
    seriously? i am going to assume that question is a joke.did you not read the instructions on the original post? i really dont understand why this question is being asked. if someone can explain that crazyness to me.
    MatterOfFactJack
    Quote Originally Posted by jack87 View Post
    seriously? i am going to assume that question is a joke.did you not read the instructions on the original post? i really dont understand why this question is being asked. if someone can explain that crazyness to me.
    LOL were all to blame on this, sometimes we just don't read the instructions like we should which leads to an obvious stupid question later.
    I'm diggin' this. I still can't seem to use USB. I'll figure it out eventually...
    I just noticed it says DC? Im in Boston, something closer perhaps?

However, it's definitely fast enough.
    Last edited by holley2583; 09/05/2009 at 12:00 PM.
    Anyone with the WebOS 1.2 test this yet to see if its working still?
    Quote Originally Posted by mooney101 View Post
    Yes, it's been tested.
    i wonder when 2.02 comes out....aonic said sometime this labor day weekend he'll roll it out...lets c if its tru
    Global Posts
    576 Global Posts
    It's been tested. USB and BT work, Wifi is broken.
    Quote Originally Posted by gage006 View Post
    It's been tested. USB and BT work, Wifi is broken.
    Well that figures out of everything wifi is broke. Thats what makes this phone so great, I hope its fixable.
    Quote Originally Posted by holley2583 View Post
    I'm diggin' this. I still can't seem to use USB. I'll figure it out eventually...

I just noticed it says DC? Im in Boston, something closer perhaps?

However, it's definitely fast enough.
    it appears Sprint does strange things with their networks. When I ran the test, it defaulted to Wichita KS (which is nearest to Sprint HQ) even though I am all the way out on the west coast.

It works, so I am happy, though I would like speeds like yours!
    Irish
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Love it! Thanks for the great app aonic! I already donated about a week or so ago but since I read thru so much of this thread to learn more about how it all works, I wanted to put my thanks out here too.

I was using MyTether exclusively for several days while I was waiting for my AT&T DSL line to be installed. (I'm temporarily living out of my RV while we look for a house so my Internet options are fairly limited). Anyway, the speeds I achieved through the Pre and MyTether beat what I'm getting through my crappy DSL most of the time. Since both hubby and I have our laptops, the wifi feature worked out great so that we could both use our own laptops and share the Pre's connection wirelessly.

Anyway, thanks again for such a well developed and useful app!
    Donation now $14.95? I thought it was $10.00 and just wanted to confirm.

Also, with the announcement that OS 1.2 has a kill switch for apps, do you think Sprint and or Palm with target this app?
    Last edited by maven1975; 09/05/2009 at 09:13 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by maven1975 View Post
    Donation now $14.95? I thought it was $10.00 and just wanted to confirm.

Also, with the announcement that OS 1.2 has a kill switch for apps, do you think Sprint and or Palm with target this app?
    Kill switch? Well let me tell ya, if they kill this one they can kiss goodbye my purchase and recommendation of any palm product EVER! I doubt they will do it though. They have to have enough common sense to realize that apps like this are what drives the phones appeal. If they start killing apps that are homemade then they will lose their customers faster than they could ever gain them back. They made a very open phone it would be very unwise to start closing it up.
    Kill switch? Well let me tell ya, if they kill this one they can kiss goodbye my purchase and recommendation of any palm product EVER! I doubt they will do it though. They have to have enough common sense to realize that apps like this are what drives the phones appeal. If they start killing apps that are homemade then they will lose their customers faster than they could ever gain them back. They made a very open phone it would be very unwise to start closing it up.
    Well, Palm could easily decide to only target certain applications on devices from certain carriers.

Remember that tethering is not a problem for most GSM carriers that don't have unlimited data plans - they love tethering because it increases revenue.

So when an unlocked-out-of-the-box rest-of-world GSM Pre comes out with tethering enabled by default (just like they did with DUN on the Treo 650's), Palm can easily be very selective with applying the hinted-at remote application removal functionality on certain apps for certain carriers only.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    I'm probably an ***** here, but i just can't seem to get the wifi to work. I'm connected via usb, buy as soon as i try to go wifi, i just get limited connectivity. Local connection only. No web pages or anything.

I've look at every post ever written about this i think I have to be missing something simple, i just don't know what it is. I actually had wifi going for about 30 seconds, but it immediately went back to limited connectivity. Any help would be awesome. Thanks in advance.