Page 117 of 217 FirstFirst ... 1767107112113114115116117118119120121122127167 ... LastLast
Results 2,321 to 2,340 of 4339
    Quote Originally Posted by scavnger View Post
    OK, I followed all the directions, I think.

I loaded MyTether 1.5 with WebOS QuickInstall after I enabled Developer mode. No problems, loaded with ease.

Ran MyTether, punched the WiFi mode and I get.....

Enabling WiFi Tethering....

That's it. Been that way for an hour. WiFi on the phone is off. Bluetooth is off. Not in airplane mode.
    Stats:Palm webOS ver 1.1.0
    Firmware: CC1.2(334)

Any help is appreciated.
    Thx
    Scav
    best way to install the free version of this app is via root fallowing the directions in the OP. Installation via quickinstall or preware is not supported by Aonic at this time. perhaps you can ask for help from Jason.

Also try to make sure your pre is charging when trying to tether over wifi
    MatterOfFactJack
    Quote Originally Posted by jack87 View Post
    best way to install the free version of this app is via root fallowing the directions in the OP. Installation via quickinstall or preware is not supported by Aonic at this time. perhaps you can ask for help from Jason.

Also try to make sure your pre is charging when trying to tether over wifi
    umm, not to be rude or anything, but the overall outcome leaves the physical files in the exact same place as Aonic's script. (I'm willing to post my installer source to prove such). If Aonic isn't going to support that, he's essentially not supporting his own free rooted script.
    I have my tether on the phone. How do I get my lap top to connect to internet through the usb cord. The phone is on charge only, and it says usb tethering is enabled. So how do I setup the PC to use internet. im useing windows xp
    Just wanted to say thanks for this. I bought the paid version of the app and it installed with no issues. Regarding USB tethering, I'm using Ubuntu 9.04 and it's straight up "plug and play". No drivers, no issues, no hickups. It just works.
  5.    #2325  
    scavnger, that usually happens when the service is not properly installed. As Jack mentioned, if you did not install using the root command then unless you give us details on how you installed, I cannot be sure where the problem lies, all I can guess is that the service is not properly initialized or installed.
    My Tether - version 2.1.0 now live. No patching, no ad-hoc, more features!
    scavnger, I just ran Jason's WebOS Quick install with no problem. I did have to reboot my pre once everything was loaded. Besides that it was a piece of cake.
    Quote Originally Posted by jasper806 View Post
    scavnger, I just ran Jason's WebOS Quick install with no problem. I did have to reboot my pre once everything was loaded. Besides that it was a piece of cake.
    I also installed using Jason's Quick Install. One thing that wasn't completely clear was that you need to install both Jason's MyTether Installer and the MyTether 1.5 app from inside the QuickInstall window. I had to reboot my computer and my Pre and, VIOLA!, I had Wifi connectivity.
    Irish
    Quote Originally Posted by aonic View Post
    scavnger, that usually happens when the service is not properly installed. As Jack mentioned, if you did not install using the root command then unless you give us details on how you installed, I cannot be sure where the problem lies, all I can guess is that the service is not properly initialized or installed.
    Aonic - thanks for the reply. What specifics are you looking for on the installation? I used the <upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart> to access the developers area, turned it on. Loaded <WebOSQuickInstall.jar> on the PC. Loaded <net.aonic.my-tether_1.5.0_all.ipk> using the Quick Install program. Turned off the developer mode. Rebooted the Pre. Plugged it into the laptop, charge only. My laptop didn't recognize the device. Couldn't find any using the Auto search (looking for 'novacom linux', couldn't find any using a manual search (the Microsoft Corporation, other internet device.) Are their specific drivers that I need to use on my lappy?

Lappy has XP Pro, SP3 installed.
    Aonic - thanks for the reply. What specifics are you looking for on the installation? I used the <upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart> to access the developers area, turned it on. Loaded <WebOSQuickInstall.jar> on the PC. Loaded <net.aonic.my-tether_1.5.0_all.ipk> using the Quick Install program. Turned off the developer mode. Rebooted the Pre. Plugged it into the laptop, charge only. My laptop didn't recognize the device. Couldn't find any using the Auto search (looking for 'novacom linux', couldn't find any using a manual search (the Microsoft Corporation, other internet device.) Are their specific drivers that I need to use on my lappy?

looks like you are missing the service that is required with my tether. if you install jasons package with quickinstall it might fix your issue. once again though best way to install the mytether 1.5 is to fallow the exact directions on the OP through linux access ("root")
    MatterOfFactJack
    Quote Originally Posted by jack87 View Post
    looks like you are missing the service that is required with my tether. if you install jasons package with quickinstall it might fix your issue. once again though best way to install the mytether 1.5 is to fallow the exact directions on the OP through linux access ("root")
    OK, I broke down and went the long way. Deleted the QuickInstall version, rooted, used the one-liner from the OP and BANG!, we're in.

Although it did require me to download and install two more programs (VirtualBox and the SDK.)

Jason - I don't know what to tell you, something is not functioning with the quick install version. Don't know what it could be, but the root version worked like a charm in a matter of seconds. On my lappy now, speedtest confirmed. Not smoking speeds, but better than nothing.

Thanks to all those that helped.
    Scav

To the OP, thanks for a great product. I just want to let you know that another way to get into dev mode is by typing in "webos20090606" . Its a bit shorter to type out
    Global Posts
    489 Global Posts
    Then what do you think my issues ism I have tried the root install and the donor version install and can't seem to get wifi to work. I got usb and by to work but wifi not working. It enables and says that everything is OK but can't see any said on two different laptops.

Quote Originally Posted by navinag View Post
    Then what do you think my issues ism I have tried the root install and the donor version install and can't seem to get wifi to work. I got usb and by to work but wifi not working. It enables and says that everything is OK but can't see any said on two different laptops.
    Do you get the screen that says "Tethering Enabled" like in the first post on your Pre? (First post, picture on the right.) If you do, then you should be able to see the AoNet wifi connection from your laptop. If you do not see that connection, follow some of the examples that people have listed in this thread: reboot everything. Refresh the network connections screen. Don't let the Pre go dead. In fact, I can still see the AoNet connection AFTER I disable the tethering. Won't get an IP, but the Pre must still be broadcasting.
    Quote Originally Posted by navinag View Post
    My issue with the PC was that I installed from my desktop and tried to connect from the lappy. The install of webOSDoctor dropped the required drivers onto the system. When I installed it on the lappy, everyone was happy. But it shouldn't be required to connect to a tether-enabled Pre. If you are using the donor version, you need to look for the "AoNet" wireless connection.
    Global Posts
    489 Global Posts
    I've installed.....rebooted....uninstalled...rebooted..tried all the versions enev the donor version. I can even log onto the Pre and see that it tkinks that is broadcasting my ssid . Everything appears to be working on the Pre but I can't see a broadcasted ssid . I looked up how manually query the wireless and check its stated from webosinternals website under adhoc networking. Everything checks out. And my wireless radio does work on my Pre because that is what I am using on my Pre right now to reply to this post.

My issue with the PC was that I installed from my desktop and tried to connect from the lappy. The install of webOSDoctor dropped the required drivers onto the system. When I installed it on the lappy, everyone was happy. But it shouldn't be required to connect to a tether-enabled Pre. If you are using the donor version, you need to look for the "AoNet" wireless connection.
    Nice, easy to use app, I love it.
    I installed the wget version and its been flawless.

My question is do I need to uninstall before installing the next Palm Update.
    I have learned that the patches do need to be removed and the Apps do not need to be removed, which category does this version of MYTETHER (v1.5.0) fall into?

Lowell
    just wanted to mention that this was probably one of the only few apps available that one woudl think should be complicated...but it wasnt.

I didn't even follow all the directions because I got interrupted in the first few steps, and never had time to get back to the how-to to finish.

Irregardless, I had to leave on a road-trip today, and finished some work on the road because the tether worked anyway via the usb cable. I'm actually on it right now typing while in the car at 80mph (of course, I'm in the passenger seat!)
    whats the difference between the paid version? does the wifi have WEP encryption?
    Quote Originally Posted by soljarag View Post
    whats the difference between the paid version? does the wifi have WEP encryption?
    Yes, on the paid version only.
    Great App. Took me a few tries to get it working, but once I did, it's working great.