Page 115 of 217 FirstFirst ... 1565105110111112113114115116117118119120125165215 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,300 of 4339
    Quote Originally Posted by aonic View Post
    yes, an exe. all other info will be announced with the release when it happens.
    Thanks man...ur the best!
    Quote Originally Posted by aonic View Post
    About the "dangerous location" rumors floating around in here, this is untrue. I had a discussion with Jason over AIM about this.

You see, non-official apps are installed in the Pre under /var, this is done by doing ipkg -o /var install {app.ipk}, but services are required to be installed in the root filesystem, which is done by doing ipkg install {service.ipk}. Jason has experimented with installing the services to /var, and then symlinking to the normal paths under the root filesystem, but he said that did not work out.

To get a list of applications installed using ipkg, you can do ipkg -o /var list, or ipkg list, the first one will give you all non-official apps on your Pre, and the second gives all official apps, as well as services installed the normal way. Jason prefers to have services be listed under 'ipkg -o /var list' so his application installs services to /var instead of the required root filesystem, and then he asks service makers to manually (using scripts in the ipk) move the files from /var, to the normal default service installation paths in the root filesystem.

So to summarize, either way the files end up in the same location, the only difference is where the service will be listed under in the ipkg list command.

I feel moving the service files around manually to the correct location defeats the purpose of having a package manager (ipkg) manage the installation process for you.
    Guess I should have asked before I got rid of 2.0. I assume then I can just delete the app through WebOS Quick Install, then re-install using your installer, correct? Glad that was cleared up.
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    Sorry if this has already been covered, but will this work with a hardware 3G router like a CradlePoint PHS300?
    Quote Originally Posted by Robdmau View Post
    ok great... works great... now the next project, how do I get a Wii or a PS3 connected using the Pre's My Tether?
    I haven't been able to get the wifi to connect with the Wii either. The Wii sees the signal, but fails to connect. I did read online that the Wii only operates on 802.11b mode.

Does anyone know which mode (b, g, or mixed) this program uses to create a wifi signal? Is there any way to change this if it currently operates using only 802.11g?
    Is there an os x version? Or use paralells to get it to work? Or some work around...
    Global Posts
    576 Global Posts
    For some reason the ad-hoc network is not showing up on my Windows 7 machine. I've looked everywhere for some sort of setting to show ad-hoc networks and came up with nohing. Anyone know what's going on?
    this looks amazing! but is the install as hard as it looks for a non-techie?
    Quote Originally Posted by centralparker View Post
    this looks amazing! but is the install as hard as it looks for a non-techie?
    Depends on the method you use. I donated and got the "bonus" version which has an installer. I turned on developer mode on the phone, ran the tether installer, and chose install. Works like a charm.
    When I try to root my pre now it says unable to find device. This happened after I downloaded the usb drivers. How do I get it to work again?
  10.    #2290  
    Turn off USBNet and you should be fine again
    My Tether - version 2.1.0 now live. No patching, no ad-hoc, more features!
    I actually had a similar issue yesterday on a laptop that I just imstalled the usb ethernet gadget drivers on. It seems that unless I plug the usb into the same port that it was plugged into when I installed the drivers it doesn't work. Plug into the same usb port and everything works great. This is on a Windows XP machine and is likly a quirk in Windows.
    if my computer has wifi already then why would i need wifi tethering ? im just confused is all ??? tethering through evdo yes i understand but not wifi.
    Hi all,
    I am no dummy but am at a loss to get this working. I have installed My Tether on my Pre with no problem. When I go to get it linked to my laptop, Dell Mini 9 XP SP3, it sees it as a novacom device and not an Ethernet Gadget. How I can I get my Dell to see it as an ehternet gadget to get it set up correctly?
    Bruce
    See instructions on first page of this thread for aetting up the usbnet on windows.
    Quote Originally Posted by sammie44 View Post
    Hi all,
    I am no dummy but am at a loss to get this working. I have installed My Tether on my Pre with no problem. When I go to get it linked to my laptop, Dell Mini 9 XP SP3, it sees it as a novacom device and not an Ethernet Gadget. How I can I get my Dell to see it as an ehternet gadget to get it set up correctly?
    Bruce
    answer all questions My Tether :: Features, Questions, etc
    Global Posts
    576 Global Posts
    The wifi briefly showed up but when I hit refresh on my computer it disappeared again. Really confused by why I can't get the wifi to show up.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    I work for ATT(national call center) and had a few friends hanging out with me. On a whim I opened my pre and turned my tether on, I then had a buddy with a Iphone 3G connect to my Wifi signal and do a speed test. 2 mb and change/a second down and like 450 kbs up on sprints 3g ....he then connected to ATTs 3g. 1050 kbs down and 130 kbs up.... I was pretty impressed. We both showed full bars, although he told me his has been showing signal when he knows its not there.....excuses are like....well you know the saying
    Side note, Tried on a 3gs this afternoon, for some reason it would go right back to the 3g signal as opposed to using the wifi my tether created. The 3g had no problem at all...I wonder what that was about?

HEHE Thought some would be interested here...
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Global Posts
    576 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gage006 View Post
    The wifi briefly showed up but when I hit refresh on my computer it disappeared again. Really confused by why I can't get the wifi to show up.
    I'm an *****. I was testing it at home, where my Pre is already connected to a wifi network, so I turned off the wifi then turned off tether and it worked just fine. Now I know this is worth paying for, haha.
    Global Posts
    489 Global Posts
    I have successfully installed my tether, the Donor version, and have gotten USB tethering to work and BT tethering to work. However, I can not seem to get WIFI tethering to work. THe SSID is not brocasted therefore I cannot see the network to connect it. I tried manually adding the profile on my laptop to try and connect. Noting

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling from root..still not wirking

The app always says that WIFI tether is on but I can never see the SSID. I have tried with two different laptops. Same thing NO wifi.

Just so you know what I have done with my pre in case it is relevant
    -Rooted
    -established user name and password
    -installed sftp
    -install ipkg-opt

manual tweak (carrier string hack)
    manual tweak (addition to autocorrect)
    manual tweak (addition of emoticons in symbols)

-installed quilt
    -applied these patches
    /opt/src/patches/contacttone.patch
    /opt/src/patches/message-tone-sounds-and-alerts.patch
    /opt/src/patches/contact-multitone.patch
    /opt/src/patches/message-forwarding.patch
    /opt/src/patches/capture_with_volume_keys.patch
    /opt/src/patches/messaging-timestamps.patch
    /opt/src/patches/messaging-enter-newline.patch
    /opt/src/patches/radiopower.patch
    /opt/src/patches/state.patch
    /opt/src/patches/readalldelall.patch

Tewaks installed in WebOsInstaller
    Add/delete to launcher
    hide nascar
    hide nfl
    PDF view
    Email in landscpe
    Messaging landscape and avatar
    call duration in call log
    reduce min brightness
    download in web browser
    roam only option in preferences
    change boot logo
    change dialer background
    add stylish analog clock
    squarify screen
    change launcher opacity
    batter % in top header

I think that I i got the above items to work tha I should be able to get WiFI tethering to work.

I have done the ususl install MyTether ..reboot...uninstall...reboot....install reboot

Everything works except for WIFI tethering..........

Anyone know what is going on?
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    So . . . .
    Can't find this searching.
    If you get the donor version do you still need to root your Pre