Page 114 of 217 FirstFirst ... 1464104109110111112113114115116117118119124164214 ... LastLast
Results 2,261 to 2,280 of 4339
    [QUOTE=jack87;1858091]YA... make the computer get ip automaticaly and just enable dhcp using the tethering app you will be good from there

good old google search should help you find that file so find it download it and then point windows to where it is located

Okay, if been searching sites, still cant seem to find the usb8023k.sys file.. can anyone assist where exactly its located...
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    I couldn't get USB connection to work but I got wifi to work. For all those that try wifi and see the AoNet ad-hoc in you wireless list but can't connect to the internet try this:

Make sure you Pre is plugged up to the wall or computer (Charge Mode) then start the wifi tethering with DHCP enabled. I think when the Pre screen blacks out it kills the tethering unless the Pre is actively charging. Be patient and wait for about 30 secs to a minute and the Pre should assign a ip address and connect to the internet.

Hope this helps. Couldn't get usb to work but I don't need it as long as wifi does.
    Quote Originally Posted by percyg77 View Post
    I couldn't get USB connection to work but I got wifi to work. For all those that try wifi and see the AoNet ad-hoc in you wireless list but can't connect to the internet try this:

Make sure you Pre is plugged up to the wall or computer (Charge Mode) then start the wifi tethering with DHCP enabled. I think when the Pre screen blacks out it kills the tethering unless the Pre is actively charging. Be patient and wait for about 30 secs to a minute and the Pre should assign a ip address and connect to the internet.

Hope this helps. Couldn't get usb to work but I don't need it as long as wifi does.
    I got the paid version.. 2.0 and it has a feature where it can black out and still be able to work.. but i still cant get the wifi to work.. why.. it shows packets sent.. but none received.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Hey there, don't know if you saw this, but people over on HowardForums are complaining you are taking control of their phones/accounts with the app. Just a heads up. Here is the posting.

HowardForums: Your Mobile Phone Community & Resource - Pre Tethering

Least I can do to say thanks for an app that saved my college grades during an Internet outage.

I just installed using preware. Awesome!
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gianny View Post
    Ok I have it working on WIFI only. I cannot enable USB because it cannot find USB Ethernet Gadget. I downloaded the Novacom package to my desktop.

I have also gone to My Computer > Manage > USB Ethernet Gadget and it can't find any files on the web or my pc.
    Hope this helps. I have XP SP3 and was getting a failure also. I turned off the driver signing policy temporariliy using the following.

MSFN Forums > Disable Driver Signing Policy during setup?
    When I try to establish my network connection on my laptop running Vista I'm prompted for a network user name and password. Any ideas where I need to look for these?
    Global Posts
    610 Global Posts
    I tried to do this and I can't get it to work. I get the error of

This Device cannot start (Code 10)

I have XP 32bit SP3.
    Quote Originally Posted by free hurricane View Post

I just installed using preware. Awesome!

Did it with WebOS Quick Install:

Curious though why it suggested Wichita as the nearest test site...
    Irish
    just got it working, pretty good speeds too... thanks!

I had installed the paid version, but because of concerns about where it was installed, I removed it and installed 1.5 through Preware. Problem is that 1.5 doesn't have the option for keeping the phone unlocked, and my security is such that the phone locks when the screen goes off. Is there any thought being given to allowing 2.0 to be installed through Preware? I hate to go back to a more "dangerous" version just to get that option as I can leave it on a TS which I assume will allow it to work.
    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    I had installed the paid version, but because of concerns about where it was installed, I removed it and installed 1.5 through Preware. Problem is that 1.5 doesn't have the option for keeping the phone unlocked, and my security is such that the phone locks when the screen goes off. Is there any thought being given to allowing 2.0 to be installed through Preware? I hate to go back to a more "dangerous" version just to get that option as I can leave it on a TS which I assume will allow it to work.
    I have the paid version. What is dangerous about where it installs?
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    +1
    I then used webosquickinstall to try to update to version 2 and the options for "key" and "screen" are there, but when you launch the wifi, they do not kick in. Creates the default network "AoNet" with no security key required.
    Quote Originally Posted by bhack View Post
    I have the paid version. What is dangerous about where it installs?
    Do a search in the WebOS Quick Install thread. According to Jason it is installed in a folder that could cause problems. When installed through Quick Install that is corrected, but this version is lacking in an important item....the ability to keep the screen on.
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Just got it to work on Ubuntu no problems.
  16.    #2276  
    About the "dangerous location" rumors floating around in here, this is untrue. I had a discussion with Jason over AIM about this.

You see, non-official apps are installed in the Pre under /var, this is done by doing ipkg -o /var install {app.ipk}, but services are required to be installed in the root filesystem, which is done by doing ipkg install {service.ipk}. Jason has experimented with installing the services to /var, and then symlinking to the normal paths under the root filesystem, but he said that did not work out.

To get a list of applications installed using ipkg, you can do ipkg -o /var list, or ipkg list, the first one will give you all non-official apps on your Pre, and the second gives all official apps, as well as services installed the normal way. Jason prefers to have services be listed under 'ipkg -o /var list' so his application installs services to /var instead of the required root filesystem, and then he asks service makers to manually (using scripts in the ipk) move the files from /var, to the normal default service installation paths in the root filesystem.

So to summarize, either way the files end up in the same location, the only difference is where the service will be listed under in the ipkg list command.

I feel moving the service files around manually to the correct location defeats the purpose of having a package manager (ipkg) manage the installation process for you.
    My Tether - version 2.1.0 now live. No patching, no ad-hoc, more features!
    Quote Originally Posted by aonic View Post
    About the "dangerous location" rumors floating around in here, this is untrue. I had a discussion with Jason over AIM about this.

You see, non-official apps are installed in the Pre under /var, this is done by doing ipkg -o /var install {app.ipk}, but services are required to be installed in the root filesystem, which is done by doing ipkg install {service.ipk}. Jason has experimented with installing the services to /var, and then symlinking to the normal paths under the root filesystem, but he said that did not work out.

To get a list of applications installed using ipkg, you can do ipkg -o /var list, or ipkg list, the first one will give you all non-official apps on your Pre, and the second gives all official apps, as well as services installed the normal way. Jason prefers to have services be listed under 'ipkg -o /var list' so his application installs services to /var instead of the required root filesystem, and then he asks service makers to manually (using scripts in the ipk) move the files from /var, to the normal default service installation paths in the root filesystem.

So to summarize, either way the files end up in the same location, the only difference is where the service will be listed under in the ipkg list command.

I feel moving the service files around manually to the correct location defeats the purpose of having a package manager (ipkg) manage the installation process for you.
    not sure if its the right time to ask u or if ur rreaaaallllyyy busy...u can answer this whenever u want....when is ur 2.02 gonna be ready
  18.    #2278  
    Sorry about the lack on updates on that, had some personal matters the past week and a half that were taking up my time.

I am hoping to push out the next version around labor day week
    Quote Originally Posted by aonic View Post
    Sorry about the lack on updates on that, had some personal matters the past week and a half that were taking up my time.

I am hoping to push out the next version around labor day week
    thank u so much for ur response...and this is gonna be an exe. file like 2.01?

EDIT: and how r we gonn update...we gotta uninstall 2.01 from ours pre's then install 2.02?
  20.    #2280  
    yes, an exe. all other info will be announced with the release when it happens.