Page 113 of 217 FirstFirst ... 1363103108109110111112113114115116117118123163213 ... LastLast
Results 2,241 to 2,260 of 4339
  1. #2241  
    no, dont get me wrong. i dont mind donating, i hate people calling a mandatory fee a donation and not being able to properly test an app first. no biggy, just wish i had time to make it work (excuse tge tablet pc typing please)
  2. #2242  
    Quote Originally Posted by holley2583 View Post
    Couldn't wait...haha. Tethered in wifi only for now. Gotta re-download the driver to get the EVDO, but wifi's all i need for now!!! Maybe i can use QuickInstall in the next update!
    hmm i think you are confused. Maybe you meant to say re-download the usbnet drivers to tether via usb to a windows machine.

    here is the internet flow diagram:

    Internet---->EVDO---->PRE----->wifi----->Computer

    if you were tethering via usb it would look like this:

    Internet---->EVDO---->PRE----->USB----->Computer

    im glad you are finally tethering. Should post a screenshot from speedtest.net to show off your speeds.
  3. #2243  
    Quote Originally Posted by Centro85 View Post
    Okay, I installed mytether with the ipk that was provided in this thread, using webosquick install (the ipk Jason posted). It says it turns on the wifi tether, but the network doesn't show up in my list of networks on my laptop. Haven't tried USB yet. I have DCHP and USBNet enabled. I just "DONATED" (against better judgment, I hate people that have a mandatory "donation"... just call it what it is..) so maybe the new version with bluetooth and screen always on will be better and work right.
    the reason it does not work is because Jason is mistaking (then again he may know something I don't and making everything I am about to say false). But for mytether to work you need the MyTether service on your pre. not just the app ipk. much like the flashlight service, terminal service, package manager service. So WebOs quick install just wont do it not until you have the service installed first. And this requires Linux access (rooting) unless you get the donor version of the app. Aonic as released an installer for it.

    The term donation is a safer term to use for such an app like MyTether considering sprint is definitely not for it. If selling the product it seems like it could get complicated if it was a product for sale I am sure you would need to purchase for a higher rate and not be able to choose. Also could get complicated if sprint gets mad and goes after the developer for making money on their internet service.

    The Donor version of this app was never advertised before it is mentioned on the website now. It was actually asked to keep quiet by Aonic originally so it would not encourage donations. It became huge and people started using this forum for support word got out. Even though he had created his own private forum for the support.

    So I don't want people to think Aonic falls into the same catagory as some of the other Donation/fees requested.
    Last edited by jack87; 08/31/2009 at 11:53 AM.
    MatterOfFactJack
  4. #2244  
    Quote Originally Posted by jack87 View Post
    the reason it does not work is because Jason is mistaking (then again he may know something I don't and making everything I am about to say false). But for mytether to work you need the MyTether service on your pre. not just the app ipk. much like the flashlight service, terminal service, package manager service. So WebOs quick install just wont do it not until you have the service installed first. And this requires Linux access (rooting) unless you get the donor version of the app. Aonic as released an installer for it.
    Incorrect sir!

    I installed v1.5 without rooting using Jason's fantastic WebOS Quick Install program, and his install package. Connected a Dell notebook via WiFi. Ran the speed test. Lost the code so I will have to repost when I run it again.
    Irish
  5. #2245  
    Quote Originally Posted by jack87 View Post
    the reason it does not work is because Jason is mistaking (then again he may know something I don't and making everything I am about to say false). But for mytether to work you need the MyTether service on your pre. not just the app ipk. much like the flashlight service, terminal service, package manager service. So WebOs quick install just wont do it not until you have the service installed first. And this requires Linux access (rooting) unless you get the donor version of the app. Aonic as released an installer for it.
    Incorrect. I included the download/installation/setup of the Tether service inside the ipk as well.

    Custom services stopped requiring linux access ever since way back in the 2.01 release of WebOS Quick Install. Unfortunately it didn't get much press attention outside PreCentral. Currently Aonic is the last developer who hasn't updated their custom service ipks to work with webos quick install and preware, though Aonic has agreed a future service would, so I made the installer in the meantime. Not only that, my installer ipk installs the service in a safer way
  6. #2246  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Incorrect. I included the download/installation/setup of the Tether service inside the ipk as well.

    Custom services stopped requiring linux access ever since way back in the 2.01 release of WebOS Quick Install. Unfortunately it didn't get much press attention outside PreCentral. Currently Aonic is the last developer who hasn't updated their custom service ipks to work with webos quick install and preware, though Aonic has agreed a future service would, so I made the installer in the meantime. Not only that, my installer ipk installs the service in a safer way
    I installed via Quick Install and I can tether fabulously via USB. I can't get wi-fi to work, but I don't think that's because of the method of installation, since it works with USB.
  7. #2247  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Incorrect. I included the download/installation/setup of the Tether service inside the ipk as well.

    Custom services stopped requiring linux access ever since way back in the 2.01 release of WebOS Quick Install. Unfortunately it didn't get much press attention outside PreCentral. Currently Aonic is the last developer who hasn't updated their custom service ipks to work with webos quick install and preware, though Aonic has agreed a future service would, so I made the installer in the meantime. Not only that, my installer ipk installs the service in a safer way
    very nice... like i said i think i could be wrong ... thanks again for all your hardwork Jason. Now with that being the case I have no idea why others are having problems with tethering. so those of you with issues if you could describe in detail what is going on. and i will do my best to assist.
    MatterOfFactJack
  8. #2248  
    This is Great!!!... thanks a lot... I was able to conect BT, with my computer windows 7 64 bit... really simple steps...
    Great job!!!
  9. Tiffniefl's Avatar
    Posts
    30 Posts
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    #2249  
    Maybe I am going about this all wrong ... I thought this would work as a wifi hotspot (my cell ) so I went into Preware that I installed last night found the app and downloaded. You do get a warning like when installing the keyboard but went with it. I then had to restart my pre and there was the icon I am opening it now and turning on wifi tethering. So so far so good and I wil be back to let you know if I was able to connect with my laptop and 2nd pre via wireless to my palm pre !!!
  10. #2250  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiffniefl View Post
    Maybe I am going about this all wrong ... I thought this would work as a wifi hotspot (my cell ) so I went into Preware that I installed last night found the app and downloaded. You do get a warning like when installing the keyboard but went with it. I then had to restart my pre and there was the icon I am opening it now and turning on wifi tethering. So so far so good and I wil be back to let you know if I was able to connect with my laptop and 2nd pre via wireless to my palm pre !!!
    pre does not support ad hoc... so your second pre will not connect to the pre with mytether on it at all. so youll have to test with a computer or an iphone or i touch. but i am not sure if installing via preware installs the service mytether requires... youll have to jump on that thread and ask http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...0-preware.html
    MatterOfFactJack
  11. Tiffniefl's Avatar
    Posts
    30 Posts
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    #2251  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiffniefl View Post
    Maybe I am going about this all wrong ... I thought this would work as a wifi hotspot (my cell ) so I went into Preware that I installed last night found the app and downloaded. You do get a warning like when installing the keyboard but went with it. I then had to restart my pre and there was the icon I am opening it now and turning on wifi tethering. So so far so good and I wil be back to let you know if I was able to connect with my laptop and 2nd pre via wireless to my palm pre !!!


    My laptop finds the AoNetwork ,,unsecured computer to computer network.

    Waiting for network and nothing.............hmmm, and trying this wireless

    Thanks for the input in the 2nd pre , yea it did not connect lol worth a shot.
  12. Tiffniefl's Avatar
    Posts
    30 Posts
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    #2252  
    Ok after several attemps I can not connect with my laptop to my pre wireless. I must be overlooking something. It shows up on my laptop connections, it just is not doing it.

    As far as how I downloaded tether ,, I opened up preware ..clicked available applications 199 ...system utilities ...my tether installer. Hit Install then restarted my pre for the icon to show up. It seems to be working just fine. I just need help with settings or a step I must have missed ??
  13. #2253  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiffniefl View Post
    Ok after several attemps I can not connect with my laptop to my pre wireless. I must be overlooking something. It shows up on my laptop connections, it just is not doing it.

    As far as how I downloaded tether ,, I opened up preware ..clicked available applications 199 ...system utilities ...my tether installer. Hit Install then restarted my pre for the icon to show up. It seems to be working just fine. I just need help with settings or a step I must have missed ??
    I could totally be wrong about this.. but it seems as though the preware one is not actually installing the service? but then again you say you are able to see AoNet on your laptop? just not connect to it?
    MatterOfFactJack
  14. #2254  
    Quote Originally Posted by jack87 View Post
    I could totally be wrong about this.. but it seems as though the preware one is not actually installing the service? but then again you say you are able to see AoNet on your laptop? just not connect to it?
    The Preware one is the installer I made. I uploaded it to my Canuck-Software feed, which is included with Preware. I should install the service. You can double-check it by going into WebOS Quick Install and in the menu go Tools->Device Management and check to make sure both MyTether and the tether service are listed.
  15. #2255  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    The Preware one is the installer I made. I uploaded it to my Canuck-Software feed, which is included with Preware. I should install the service. You can double-check it by going into WebOS Quick Install and in the menu go Tools->Device Management and check to make sure both MyTether and the tether service are listed.
    thanks for letting us know!
    Last edited by jack87; 08/31/2009 at 04:09 PM.
    MatterOfFactJack
  16. Tiffniefl's Avatar
    Posts
    30 Posts
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    #2256  
    thats right !! God I can't wait for it to connect lol .
  17. #2257  
    I have WiFi working fine - but I can't get Bluetooth or USB to work. USB actually gives me a message that Sprint doesn't want me doing this! (Your plan does not include...)

    I don't mind using Wifi only, but I'm not sure about the Bluetooth or USB issues. Oh, well - as long as it works one way!
  18. #2258  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiffniefl View Post
    Ok after several attemps I can not connect with my laptop to my pre wireless. I must be overlooking something. It shows up on my laptop connections, it just is not doing it.

    As far as how I downloaded tether ,, I opened up preware ..clicked available applications 199 ...system utilities ...my tether installer. Hit Install then restarted my pre for the icon to show up. It seems to be working just fine. I just need help with settings or a step I must have missed ??
    perhaps because your screen turns off before your pre gets a chance to connect. so wifi gets disballed on the pre when it goes to sleep. you need to keep your pre charging... touch stone/pc/wall


    Quote Originally Posted by Fisack23 View Post
    I have WiFi working fine - but I can't get Bluetooth or USB to work. USB actually gives me a message that Sprint doesn't want me doing this! (Your plan does not include...)

    I don't mind using Wifi only, but I'm not sure about the Bluetooth or USB issues. Oh, well - as long as it works one way!
    thats the message that bluetooth gives not usb.. just ignore the message after you pare with your computer and turn on usb tether and you will be bluetooth tethering in no time... as for usb tethering you need to turn on usbnet on the pre and this requires a reboot after doing so install the proper driver for the network device on your computer.. only works for windows computers not mac
    Last edited by jack87; 08/31/2009 at 04:48 PM.
    MatterOfFactJack
  19. #2259  
    im getting the same thing.. if u figured out how it works, please let me know.
  20. #2260  
    Quote Originally Posted by dahsar5 View Post
    im getting the same thing.. if u figured out how it works, please let me know.
    I sent you a PM

    Quote Originally Posted by jack87
    perhaps because your screen turns off. so wifi gets disballed on the pre when it goes to sleep. you need to keep your pre charging... (touch-stone/pc/wall)... or you can press the LCD button on your pre and manually turn off the screen using that option. this will not kill wifi connection and will conserve battery a bit allowing you to tether without a charger. but never the less juice runs out fast when wifi tethering.
    MatterOfFactJack

Posting Permissions