Page 111 of 217 FirstFirst ... 1161101106107108109110111112113114115116121161211 ... LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,220 of 4339
    Quote Originally Posted by holley2583 View Post
    Made the donation, page one is outdated. What do i do from here? Also, you said there is a way to tether without "rooting" my phone. All questions here, no answers.
    Jason's turn for a donation!!!
    i think you may be on the wrong page. If you donated properly you should recieve an email from aonic with a username and pw for his donor only forum which can be found here:

My Tether : Tethering for Palm Pre - My Tether turns your Palm Pre into 3G WiFi router!

so no that you have username and pw login in here:
    My Tether :: Donors Only

now that you are logged in go here:
    My Tether :: Donors Only

you will see a single line of code that starts with wget. That is the code you need to type while rooted into pre. You should then be done.

If you need extra help rooting your pre just ask but i think you know how to do it (type "novaterm" in command line, after installing mojo sdk and novaterm for windows).

good luck.
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    I just wanted to hop in and say thanks. This is really helping me while I wait for Comcast to be installed at my new place.
    best app so far... totally opened up the PRE for me...

tx again!
    I did everything my phone says tethering on network AoNet but my mac doesnt see it and help would be appreciated. ok i see it now as aonet device it works but not great and when my phone gos sleep is it to suppose to cut out
    Last edited by cadena33; 08/29/2009 at 10:18 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by number1pete View Post
    you will see a single line of code that starts with wget. That is the code you need to type while rooted into pre. You should then be done.
    Not to point out the obvious, but it'd be extremely easy to make that kind of script into an installer ipk. I gave aonic the info a week or so ago, hopefully he will follow through for his paying customers
    I was perfectly happy to pay $10 to have the option to tether, but when I tried to "donate" it errors out on paypal. Looked at his forum and it appears a lot of people are having the same problem. Wish it would get fixed and I'd be happy to give my $10.
    When I try to tether via wifi to my laptop it says it connected but no web pages will load.
    Quote Originally Posted by oddlou View Post
    I've read through everything and have done a search, but does anyone know of common reasons why I would be able to connect via USB, but not Wifi? That is, wifi connects fine, but I can't actually connect to any websites. I'll try changing some TCP settings as I read about somewhere, but was wondering if anyone might have any simple ideas for a fix. Thanks in advance.
    mine does the same thing...
    Quote Originally Posted by deviousracing View Post
    Mine does aswell. Both computers (XP/VISTA) will connect, even assign ip's, however it will not let the computer view any websites, much less recieve packets.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Not to point out the obvious, but it'd be extremely easy to make that kind of script into an installer ipk. I gave aonic the info a week or so ago, hopefully he will follow through for his paying customers
    true that. However rooting and typing one line of code is extremely easy to me but i do realize that most people are not comfortable with linux terminal.
    Quote Originally Posted by jparso7150 View Post
    Mine does aswell. Both computers (XP/VISTA) will connect, even assign ip's, however it will not let the computer view any websites, much less recieve packets.
    The order of how you do things seems to matter.

Open up the app but do not turn on Wi Fi tethering.

Instead go straight to options and turn on both DHCP and disable sleep timer. Now turn on wifi tethering. Let me know if that works.
    Quote Originally Posted by deviousracing View Post
    In options make sure you have DHCP enable ( on) and while your in the options disable the screen timer. (turn on)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobwonderful View Post
    I got it to work. It took this thread to make it work.. Read the first part about how to set up the driver correctly. I found other forums did not get it right.

Instructions for USBNet on Vista & Vista 64bit by mu7efcer
    1. On Pre: in the My Tether program turn on usbnet.
    2. Reboot Pre and open My Tether again and turn on DHCP
    3. Plug in Pre to USB on Vista
    4. In wizard that comes up asking for driver software, I chose ignore.
    5. Then I went into the device manager, by right clicking on "My Computer" and selecting "Manage", then clicking on "Device Manager"
    6. There was a device called "USB Ethernet Gadget". I right clicked on it and selected "Update Driver Software..."
    7. In the wizard that came up, I clicked "Browse my computer for driver software"
    8. In the next page, I clicked "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer"
    9. It asked me to pick a type of hardware. I chose "Network Adapter"
    10. Under "Manufacturer", I chose "Microsoft Corporation". (Note: this is not the same as "Microsoft")
    11. In "Network Adapter", I chose "Remote NDIS based Internet Sharing Device.

12. Then I clicked Next

The only part which is not working for me yet is my wifi as for some reason the DHCP server in My Tether is not providing an IP address for my computer.
    Did this on my vista, worked flawlessly. Pay special attention to steps 5 and beyond. Still no Wi-Fi tethering =(
    Quote Originally Posted by bhack View Post
    The order of how you do things seems to matter.

Open up the app but do not turn on Wi Fi tethering.

Instead go straight to options and turn on both DHCP and disable sleep timer. Now turn on wifi tethering. Let me know if that works.
    Well, I hope and I tried. It assigned the computer an IP but still, no connection to the tubes. I got tethering to work fine on vista, but no wifi access with xp or vista yet, Any other ideas? =p
    Couldn't wait...haha. Tethered in wifi only for now. Gotta re-download the driver to get the EVDO, but wifi's all i need for now!!! Maybe i can use QuickInstall in the next update!
    Hi everyone,

I finally got in contact with aonic! He's agreed that a future version of MyTether will be compatible with WebOS Quick Install, ensuring both a safe installation of MyTether (the current way the free version installs wasn't as safe as it should be), but also meaning no rooting required AND the ability to uninstall very easily!

So, until he can get the new version out with WebOS Quick Install-compatibility, I've gone ahead and made an installer. It works with WebOS Quick Install v2.01, and best of all no rooting required

MyTether 1.5 Installer

More info can be found in the WebOS Quick Install thread, page 58 post #1153 (for some reason linking doesn't work for me).

Enjoy!
    Ever since I tried installing this ^^^^^^ through webos quick install I can no longer install programs via sdk or quick install.... it seems like this ipk uninstalled novacom from compputer or the pre????? so now it says no device detected... someone please help...
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    It'd be really good if Aonic could give his reasons for mis-using the term "donation" instead of saying "upgrade payment from the free 1.5 version to the paid 2.0 version" ...
    Quote Originally Posted by lorcha View Post
    Because he probably wants people to think of it is a donation, not an upgrade fee.

Personally, I donated before version 1.5 was even released just to support his effort. I did not actually install until 1.5 (well after I sent a donation), and I still use 1.5 (although I will probably upgrade to 2.0.1 because it drives me insane when the wifi radio gets disabled off-charger).

Eventually, he plans to release 2.0.1 for free. So there is no sense in paying an upgrade fee for 2.0.1 since you'll be able to get it free at some point, anyway.

If you want to donate, donate to support the effort. If you don't want to donate, then don't. But I see no sense in whining about it.
    I think the point he was trying to make is that if you have to "donate" to get something, it is no longer an option (ie: donation ), but a requirement (ie: fee) which certainly is his and any other developers right.
    Irish
    I am having issues getting the USBnet driver to save as an .inf file, opposed to the .txt file. I saw a post referring to Windows Explorer, but cant find the way to do it on my machine.
    Quote Originally Posted by holley2583 View Post
    Couldn't wait...haha. Tethered in wifi only for now. Gotta re-download the driver to get the EVDO, but wifi's all i need for now!!! Maybe i can use QuickInstall in the next update!
    the first install requires rooting or using his installer.. from here on out you can update the ipk which ever way you wish.
    MatterOfFactJack
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    I tried using it with the wii but it didn't work.