Page 110 of 217 FirstFirst ... 1060100105106107108109110111112113114115120160210 ... LastLast
Results 2,181 to 2,200 of 4339
    you're right Rod, I guess that was Jason that posted.
    Thanks for the response.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beestinga View Post
    Rod,
    I installed MyTether via the ipk that you posted on the forums, and I'm seeing an update available in preware. Is it safe and/or a good idea to upgrade mytether via preware, or should I wait to do it via webos quick install?
    Thanks,
    Jason

**edit: I just realized the version that I have installed is 1.5, which this thread claims is the most current. Why does preware claim there's an update?
    As posted in the WebOS Quick Install thread:

Yea, I did a minor update to the installer ipk so that it handles uninstall better. Innstalling it over top of an existing installation of MyTether Installer should work fine. Both Preware and WebOS Quick Install should be able to handle it equally well (given you have the current version of Preware).
    im trying to connect to wifi tethering but im prompted to enter a security key on my computer before i connect. is there a default key or a way to change it?
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    It'd be really good if Aonic could give his reasons for mis-using the term "donation" instead of saying "upgrade payment from the free 1.5 version to the paid 2.0 version" ...
    Because he probably wants people to think of it is a donation, not an upgrade fee.

Personally, I donated before version 1.5 was even released just to support his effort. I did not actually install until 1.5 (well after I sent a donation), and I still use 1.5 (although I will probably upgrade to 2.0.1 because it drives me insane when the wifi radio gets disabled off-charger).

Eventually, he plans to release 2.0.1 for free. So there is no sense in paying an upgrade fee for 2.0.1 since you'll be able to get it free at some point, anyway.

If you want to donate, donate to support the effort. If you don't want to donate, then don't. But I see no sense in whining about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by supervillain View Post
    im trying to connect to wifi tethering but im prompted to enter a security key on my computer before i connect. is there a default key or a way to change it?

Same here, and a search turned up nothing.

Thanks Pete, will try. And yes or course that's me in the avatar. If I have problems may i contact you for some help? Thanks for taking the time.
    i just tried 'admin' and it worked. hope it works for you too.
    Quote Originally Posted by lorcha View Post
    Because he probably wants people to think of it is a donation, not an upgrade fee.

Personally, I donated before version 1.5 was even released just to support his effort. I did not actually install until 1.5 (well after I sent a donation), and I still use 1.5 (although I will probably upgrade to 2.0.1 because it drives me insane when the wifi radio gets disabled off-charger).

Eventually, he plans to release 2.0.1 for free. So there is no sense in paying an upgrade fee for 2.0.1 since you'll be able to get it free at some point, anyway.

If you want to donate, donate to support the effort. If you don't want to donate, then don't. But I see no sense in whining about it.
    We gotta help feed the coding machines !!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by mw03 View Post
    unfortunately, i did donate, and it still won't work. i am beyond frustrated at this point.
    got it working.
    Just got around to installing this app and so far working great! Does angone know if it translates the PC packets to PDA/Phone packets? Getting at if anyone had surprise charges on their bill or "accounting complications" from using this yet? Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by holley2583 View Post
    Thanks Pete, will try. And yes or course that's me in the avatar. If I have problems may i contact you for some help? Thanks for taking the time.
    no problem. you can contact me if you have more problems. let me know if you still have problems wifi tethering after a root install. BTW you should post screenshot of your download speeds from speedtest.net once you finally get it working to celebrate your victory (ISP should say Sprint PCS on the left ).

to the other guy that is confused about using WEP keys when tring to connect via wifi, open mytether and go into options and you will see a default SSID name and WEP key, i would change both. If you leave the key blank then there will be no WEP encryption which is probably what you want just for testing purposes.
    I've read through everything and have done a search, but does anyone know of common reasons why I would be able to connect via USB, but not Wifi? That is, wifi connects fine, but I can't actually connect to any websites. I'll try changing some TCP settings as I read about somewhere, but was wondering if anyone might have any simple ideas for a fix. Thanks in advance.
    IMO this app is not Vista friendly. I got it working twice by luck, but the $10 donation was not worth it. I have searched this section to death, and nothing that helps me. Right now am using my wifes Centro via PDAnet.

Edit: Anyone running this app with Vista? If so, what steps are you taking for a headache free set-up?

Thanks for any replies.
    Last edited by He123321; 08/28/2009 at 06:37 PM.

Well it was a lot easier than I thought it would be. The instructions and posts were great!!! Thanks for a great app and all the help. My computer sees the AoNet in both WiFi and USB but when I try to connect it asks for a passphrase or security key. I'm using Vista. Any ideas? I didn't see anything like this on the forum. Thanks
    I should have looked more carefully as posted above "admin" works and I am a happy camper!! Thanks again to everyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by number1pete View Post
    no problem. you can contact me if you have more problems. let me know if you still have problems wifi tethering after a root install. BTW you should post screenshot of your download speeds from speedtest.net once you finally get it working to celebrate your victory (ISP should say Sprint PCS on the left ).

to the other guy that is confused about using WEP keys when tring to connect via wifi, open mytether and go into options and you will see a default SSID name and WEP key, i would change both. If you leave the key blank then there will be no WEP encryption which is probably what you want just for testing purposes.
    Made the donation, page one is outdated. What do i do from here? Also, you said there is a way to tether without "rooting" my phone. All questions here, no answers.
    Jason's turn for a donation!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by He123321 View Post
    IMO this app is not Vista friendly. I got it working twice by luck, but the $10 donation was not worth it. I have searched this section to death, and nothing that helps me. Right now am using my wifes Centro via PDAnet.

Edit: Anyone running this app with Vista? If so, what steps are you taking for a headache free set-up?

Thanks for any replies.
    I got it to work. It took this thread to make it work.. Read the first part about how to set up the driver correctly. I found other forums did not get it right.

Instructions for USBNet on Vista & Vista 64bit by mu7efcer
    1. On Pre: in the My Tether program turn on usbnet.
    2. Reboot Pre and open My Tether again and turn on DHCP
    3. Plug in Pre to USB on Vista
    4. In wizard that comes up asking for driver software, I chose ignore.
    5. Then I went into the device manager, by right clicking on "My Computer" and selecting "Manage", then clicking on "Device Manager"
    6. There was a device called "USB Ethernet Gadget". I right clicked on it and selected "Update Driver Software..."
    7. In the wizard that came up, I clicked "Browse my computer for driver software"
    8. In the next page, I clicked "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer"
    9. It asked me to pick a type of hardware. I chose "Network Adapter"
    10. Under "Manufacturer", I chose "Microsoft Corporation". (Note: this is not the same as "Microsoft")
    11. In "Network Adapter", I chose "Remote NDIS based Internet Sharing Device.

12. Then I clicked Next

The only part which is not working for me yet is my wifi as for some reason the DHCP server in My Tether is not providing an IP address for my computer.

now i can stream our podcast live when we are on location! thats awesome news for Burnout Radio - the slightly humorous podcast for everything automotive listeners!

never mid it's not so fast once i unplugged my ethernet cable oh well at least i have internet on the go now! many thanks! you will be receiving a donation shortly
    Sir I have installed my tether and ss via filecoaster. The my tether icon appears but the ss does not, should it?? Both were installed when the pre was rooted. I have tried to read everything posted to figure out what i am missing. When i turn on the Wifi tethering it just shows the message "emabling WiFi tethering ... and does not do anything else.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Finman