Page 11 of 217 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415162161111 ... LastLast
    This is simply terrific, aonic. Thanks! I sent a donation a few hours ago.

If possible, please add options for setting the WiFi network's name and for creating a MAC control list.

Quote Originally Posted by aonic View Post
    Guys, should I make WiFi the default screen when you launch My Tether? Or keep USB as default?
    My vote is for USB tethering since that's what I'd be using if it worked on my computer (I use OS X). Ideally, though, it would remember what type of tethering was used the last time.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    After I install my tether I can no longer connect via usb and also the driver thing isnt poping up when I put it in my win vista 64bit pc.
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by s4mb4 View Post

also, it would be worth while to investigate how to progromatically turn off WiFi when the program starts and then ask if you want to turn it back on at exit.
    I agree. Would make it more user friendly

Quote Originally Posted by christefano View Post
    My vote is for USB tethering since that's what I'd be using if it worked on my computer (I use OS X). Ideally, though, it would remember what type of tethering was used the last time.
    Agree with this as well
    Last edited by danstah; 07/09/2009 at 08:49 AM.
    Ideally, though, it would remember what type of tethering was used the last time.
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    i would actaully prefer to see the dev go into seperate direction.
    instead of an all in one product, 1 app for usb / bt tether and 1 app for WiFi via adhoc.

it has been my experience that i use onlt 1 or the other and i think the program could be alot less complex if it were set to be WiFi adhoc only.
    instead of an all in one product, 1 app for usb / bt tether and 1 app for WiFi via adhoc.

it has been my experience that i use onlt 1 or the other and i think the program could be alot less complex if it were set to be WiFi adhoc only.
    I really hope that adhoc and usb tether will both be supported in future updates.
  7.    #207  

You dont need to enable USBNet if youre only using WiFi tether. Whatever mode you're in, the app will prompt you to do what the current mode needs to function. So if you only use WiFi, you can leave USBNet off, and just DHCP on. I like to keep things clean so theres no messes left behind from either mode.

If possible, please add options for setting the WiFi network's name and for creating a MAC control list.
    Thats the plan, but I plan on adding a wep key instead of a mac control list.

Also, I initially did plan on turning WiFi on & off automatically when using wifi tethering, but the service requests for that were failing and I temporarily moved on to DHCP. It will be in the next version
    My Tether - version 2.1.0 now live. No patching, no ad-hoc, more features!
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    it seems i was mistaken earlier. the program already is two seperate processes and it completely ROCKS. you can enable WiFi without having to turn on USBNet. that is the absolute greatest thing. GREAT!!!!
    aonic, you are THE MAN!! way to go! So, has anyone performed any speedtest comparisons with USB mode? I'm curious, Wifi has to at least blow bluetooth's speed out of the water if not close ot USB's version!
  10.    #210  
    just updated to 1.2.1.

1.2.1 remembers the last mode you used (usb, wifi) and opens up to the same mode when you re-open My Tether.

also, 1.2.1 only asks you to turn off wifi if wifi is indeed enabled, not blindly.

Instructions in main post, as always.
    Last edited by aonic; 07/09/2009 at 10:22 AM.
    Wow this works great. Nice job!
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Aonic: Hi. I've been watching all your great work and all the other Devs here that have contributed. You guys need a round of applause!!!

I have one problem...YES, I'm NEW to any type of "modding" but am going through the steps of installing the Tether app. My problem is with rooting. I get to the step of double clicking on the novaproxy.py to start the app, it starts for a split second and then disappears so i'm unable to type anything in the command prompt.

Any ideas on what i'm doing wrong?

Thanks!!!
  13.    #213  
    slickjames, that seems like an issue with the rooting process, but ill answer

you need to install Python 2.6, and what I do is, I open up command prompt in windows, and: c:\python26\python.exe c:\novaproxy.py

That should keep the novaproxy open
    This is an awesome app!!!!
    I had no problems installing the app and it works beautifully. However, when I use wifi to tether, it comes up as a locked wifi hotspot. I would really like to know the pre set password or how to remove the password and make it become a open network.
    Thanks allot for this awesome app!!!
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    I sent you $30 bucks!!!!! You are incredible for this!!! I was feeling really bad about having a Pre. Thanks for everything.

ps I'm glad you came out with 1.1.2 I was wrecking my brain on the other ones

What is the point of being a DJ, if you can't download music on the spot at your parties...
  16.    #216  
    thank you for the donations

rennat, is the network PreNet? have you done adhoc wifi tethering using other methods? because my app doesnt set any password right now.

waxtaxndre: good to hear
    Aonic you rock. Wifi's working much faster as supposed to BT. If you can get some sort of password goin to secure the Wifi connection I'd gladly send you a couple more bucks. Thanks man!!
    Neil
    Handspring Visor Deluxe > Treo 600 > Palm Pre > iPhone 4s & Touchpad 32gb
    Yes, it is listed as 'PreNet' and no I have not tried any adhoc wifi tethering methods. I haven't tried to tether until now, actually.
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    I am trying to get it to work. Right now, when I swipe it to wifi on, it just keeps saying enabling wifi
    Also, it says I am using wifi when I am not. It is turned off. Bug perhaps?
  20.    #220  
    Quote Originally Posted by free hurricane View Post
    I am trying to get it to work. Right now, when I swipe it to wifi on, it just keeps saying enabling wifi
    Also, it says I am using wifi when I am not. It is turned off. Bug perhaps?
    you need to install webosinternals.shell service.