Page 107 of 217 FirstFirst ... 75797102103104105106107108109110111112117157207 ... LastLast
Results 2,121 to 2,140 of 4339
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    yea, download the single .ipk file I linked to. You must install it via WebOS Quick Install. Once it's installed, you'll have MyTether installed, no rooting needed
    alright i did and it worked like a charm thank you so much so on the next update of quick install will there be more tweaks or just changes to the ones we have already
    can someone walk me through how to install? I've downloaded and install via latest version of quick install.. and nothing happens. the installer shows up as installed in device info, however nothing shows up on the phone?

i must be missing something, just not sure what. tried a couple times.
    Quote Originally Posted by twentythreemx View Post
    can someone walk me through how to install? I've downloaded and install via latest version of quick install.. and nothing happens. the installer shows up as installed in device info, however nothing shows up on the phone?

i must be missing something, just not sure what. tried a couple times.
    Your Pre needs some sort of internet connection for my installer, so make sure you aren't in airplane mode. Other than that, installing the earlier-linked installer ipk in WebOS Quick Install v2.01 (must be v2.01, note: 2.0 isn't enough) should install it to your device.

Quote Originally Posted by jersey221 View Post
    alright i did and it worked like a charm thank you so much so on the next update of quick install will there be more tweaks or just changes to the ones we have already
    More tweaks, plus a few previous ones fixed/changed. Check out page 57 post #1124 for full list of upcoming changes
    Is there a thread on how to run roots? And can i get the program for a macbook?
    I installed via the WebOS installer. When I click the app all I get is,

"Enabling Wifi Tethering..."

Thats it nothing else happens. How do I fix?
    Quote Originally Posted by trick440 View Post
    I installed via the WebOS installer. When I click the app all I get is,

"Enabling Wifi Tethering..."

Thats it nothing else happens. How do I fix?
    I don't have a pre to actually test on, so I don't think I can help you in regards to operation on MyTether.

That said, my installer ipk simply runs a script similar to what people used to have to run in commandline, so there shouldn't any difference, once installed, compared to the regular 1.5 version.

One thing to note: make sure you are using WebOS Quick Install v2.01, and make sure you have an active connection. One person had a phone connection issue, which messed up his install. When he connected wifi, the installer worked properly for him. You might want to consider that.
    If you donate $10 to the author of the MyTether, he'll give you a version that doesn't require rooting (easy to install), and best of all, he'll support it..
    Quote Originally Posted by imtravis View Post
    If you donate $10 to the author of the MyTether, he'll give you a version that doesn't require rooting (easy to install), and best of all, he'll support it..
    I wholely support donating to devs like aonic that deserve donations. Though I'd like to point out my above ipk file installs without rooting. Not only that an upcoming version will support WebOS Quick Install , so he is supporting the format.
    Jason, your version also support bt tethering in the same seemingly indirect way as described in the first post, correct?
    Quote Originally Posted by alwaysonline View Post
    Jason, your version also support bt tethering in the same seemingly indirect way as described in the first post, correct?
    Just to be clear, there is no "my version". The installer installs the basic free version 1.5 listed on mytether.net

Better question to ask is, "does the free v1.5 support bt tethering in the same seemingly indirect way as described in the first post?"
    I have successfully installed everything but now I am gettin an authentication error stating your service acciunt doesn not allow internet sharing. Is there anyway to over ride the error?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lherrera2922 View Post
    I have successfully installed everything but now I am gettin an authentication error stating your service acciunt doesn not allow internet sharing. Is there anyway to over ride the error?
    Earlier posts have suggested that you can simply ignore that error.
    Does the error prevent MyTether from working?
    unfortunately, i did donate, and it still won't work. i am beyond frustrated at this point.
    Very stupid question but i can't find what i'm lookin for, so here goes:
    I have internet at my house and my pre works off of that while im home.

What benefits does tethering really do? Does it allow me to have wifi anywhere anytime and what's the difference of this than the EVDO?
    Can i still use my laptop wifi as usual?
    Basically, i just need some very thoughtful person to educate me on the benefits... and to whomever does this i am very thankful...Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by holley2583 View Post
    Very stupid question but i can't find what i'm lookin for, so here goes:
    I have internet at my house and my pre works off of that while im home.

What benefits does tethering really do? Does it allow me to have wifi anywhere anytime and what's the difference of this than the EVDO?
    Can i still use my laptop wifi as usual?
    Basically, i just need some very thoughtful person to educate me on the benefits... and to whomever does this i am very thankful...Thank you.
    It's very simple, really. You basically use your Pre's internet connection and share it with some other device via usb, wifi, or bluetooth. So, if you're somewhere where you don't have an internet connection for your laptop, like outside, for example, you can use your Pre's to connect your laptop to the internet.
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    I typically use tethering when I'm at really cheap motels while travelling
    cross country, that don't have Wifi service. It lets me connect my
    laptop to the vpn at work, so I can check work email (something I can't
    do directly from the phone).

Tonight I tested a new trick for tethering. There's a community of
    R/C pilots who fly planes with video cameras on them. The video
    signal is sent via a wireless downlink from plane to ground, and we
    fly the plane through a set of video goggles (it's called FPV piloting).
    Some folks who can fly close to their own home networks have started
    broadcasting the stream live to the internet, at certain times of day.
    Occurred to me that I could tether my laptop to phone, and broadcast my
    own FPV flights live from just about anywhere. Tested it tonight with a 150kbps
    stream on Justin.tv - Live Video and Chat for Everyone and it works decently.

ian
    Quote Originally Posted by oddlou View Post
    It's very simple, really. You basically use your Pre's internet connection and share it with some other device via usb, wifi, or bluetooth. So, if you're somewhere where you don't have an internet connection for your laptop, like outside, for example, you can use your Pre's to connect your laptop to the internet.
    Sold! Easy sale there...just needed to understand it a bit more. I have already successfully downloaded it using Jason's kicka$$ WebOS Quick Install and now to connect(here comes trouble), but not now, it's like almost 4am. You may see me asking more questions tomorrow. THANKS
    I am fairly sure I have mytether connected right, Pre rooted and so forth. I have a usb bluetooth from my comp to the phone it recognizes it. But when I try to PAN I get a Sprint message and phone shuts off. So much for the simply everything plan......all I wanted to do was backup some pics from phone to comp and comp to phone. I don't think that is over kill. Anyway the PAN initiates I get this Sprint message then it won't transfer. Does anyone have any ideas how to get around this or if I did something wrong what. I have it configured with dhcp off and tried on both did it. It works over usb but I was hoping for a bluetooth PAN for a bit of internet use on a laptop. I live in a last mile situation and satellite is expensive and you get FAPPED if you d/l 350mb's in ANY 24 hour period so that doesn't leave me with much. NO DSL or cable where I live for anything. Amazingly I get a really good evdo signal go figure LOL. Well if anyone has any ideas please let me know. TYIA
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    How do I get the phone to work as a wifi device for my PC one the program is loaded? DO I have to load something on the PC???
    use like you would connecting to any other wireless connection from your PC.. you dont need anything installed on your PC