Page 106 of 217 FirstFirst ... 65696101102103104105106107108109110111116156206 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,120 of 4339
    Quote Originally Posted by wnorth View Post
    i dont see the "my tether" alp in my home brew list on file coaster...so I cant download it...please help
    fileCoaster cannot install My Tether.

Follow the detailed instructions on this first post of this thread, and you will soon be in tethered bliss.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    I'm using Windows 7 and I don't need any special software to tether via bluetooth. All I do is pair my pre to my laptop and then in bluetooth devices on my computer I right click on my pre icon and select connect -> access point and that's it. I'm on the internet.
    hey I'm sorry to bother everyone with my inexperience but I have a Pre and would love to have this app on my phone. However after going through the first 20 pages of this forum i only see info on doing it with a PC and I have a Mac. Can anyone PM me a *****/step-by-step guide on to how to get this app on my phone? It would be greatly greatly appreciated. Thank you!
    Quote Originally Posted by b_Man View Post
    I'm using Windows 7 and I don't need any special software to tether via bluetooth. All I do is pair my pre to my laptop and then in bluetooth devices on my computer I right click on my pre icon and select connect -> access point and that's it. I'm on the internet.
    Is your pre rooted?????
    Quote Originally Posted by dnielsen View Post
    hey I'm sorry to bother everyone with my inexperience but I have a Pre and would love to have this app on my phone. However after going through the first 20 pages of this forum i only see info on doing it with a PC and I have a Mac. Can anyone PM me a *****/step-by-step guide on to how to get this app on my phone? It would be greatly greatly appreciated. Thank you!
    You need a Mac or PC to either access root through novacom or root the Pre so you don't have to use novacom anymore. (You can access wireless over SSH.)

Once you are at a root@castle prompt, you can start here.

My Tether : Tethering for Palm Pre - My Tether turns your Palm Pre into 3G WiFi router!

Instructions to install are on the bottom right for version 1.5. The 2.0 instructions are also on that page.

You can choose to use the 1.5 for free or get access to the 2.0 version if you donate to the author. I would recommend version 2 because of the increased functionality especially on the WiFi side.

No hard to do at all.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Quote Originally Posted by MRBULLRED View Post
    Is your pre rooted?????
    W7 32 and 64 bit works as stated. No rooting needed.
    having trouble enabling the "USB" pre connection... not entirely sure why. the connection tries to enable itself for a minute, and then reverts back to the network connection screen as it was. the connection still states disabled afterward.

the wi-fi connection is working fine, just seem to be having some trouble getting the USB working. also in rooting, the command for the automatic DCHP assignment mod to the USB connection seems to come back as "permission denied." can't really figure that one out either. any ideas?

-mike
    Ok so I downloaded the "my tether" now i want to tether via wi-fi however when I turn Wi-Fi Tethering "on" it just say Enabling WiFi Terhterning... and the screen never changes...please help...do i need to download somthing else to my phone or my laptop....my dell laptop doesnt see it
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Yea its pretty sweet. Been using win7 now for about 2 weeks and I love it. So much better than Vista.
    so u donated and wifi worked? i dont get it...when i try to enable wifi tethering it just says enabling wifi... and nothing else
    I did the $10 donation, and after pulling some teeth during the install I'm a happy camper.

Thanks to the dev for the app.

call me a dummy but i don't understand how to root
    Quote Originally Posted by morrison0880 View Post
    For anyone having problems with USBNet, I feel ya. Took me a while to get it too. Here's how it has been explained, and what I did, step by step. BTW, I'm running XP 32 bit.
    1) Go To USBnet networking setup - WebOS Internals
    2) Under the "On Windows XP," right click on the driver link, either 32 bit or 64 bit depending on your system, and select "Save Target As."
    3) Save the file as usbnet-pre.inf
    4) Connect your pre to your computer via usb.
    5) Install the driver (if you don't know how, follow instructions at Windows XP usbnet - GumstixDocsWiki

Sidenote: In these instructions it mentions gumstix, which has confused many people, myself included. Just ignore that. You will find the linux.inf file (usbnet-pre.inf) where you saved it to.

6) From there, just finish the installation as illustrated, then finish following these steps from the first site:

- When you finish, you should have a network setup. Goto "Network Connections" via Network Places or the Control Panel
    - If you have previously installed Novacom on this machine, bring up Windows Task Manager before proceeding. You may find discover a conflict between USBnet and novacomd where the novacomd process will consume lots of CPU and your machine will become very unresponsive. Since you have Task Manager up already, you can easily use it to kill novacomd if this occurs.
    - Right-click on the new network, which probably be named Local Area Connection 2
    - Select Properties
    - Double click on Internet Protocol (TCP/IP)
    - Click Advanced
    - UNCheck Automatic metric, put 100 in its place. This will keep Windows from attempting to route traffic over the Pre (it won't work anyway)
    - Click OK
    - If you did not enable DHCP, you will need to set an IP address manually:

BTW: I did not have any conflict between USBnet and novacomd, so I would suggest skipping that step unless you have a problem.

I hope this works for those trying to figure it out. When I look at it now, it seems obvious, but hopefully this will help someone who was stuck like I was.

Hi thank you now I can see the file but when I try to install it it give me an error it states CAN NOT INSTALL HARDWARE. The hardware was not installed because the wizard cannot find the necessary software.
    Quote Originally Posted by shiznit840 View Post
    call me a dummy but i don't understand how to root
    dummy...

Follow the instruction in the beginning of the thread "first post" and if they seem confusing to you, maybe it is better off that you don't root. If you make a donation you won't need to root.

edit forum to thread first post
    This is amazing. I love it and it was pretty easy to set up with all the tutorials. AWESOME! Where do I donate?
    Quote Originally Posted by 111coptst View Post
    This is amazing. I love it and it was pretty easy to set up with all the tutorials. AWESOME! Where do I donate?
    My Tether : Tethering for Palm Pre - My Tether turns your Palm Pre into 3G WiFi router!
    This is awesome, thanks for making a sweet app like this to really take control of how awesome this phone it and can be!
    Hi everyone,

I finally got in contact with aonic! He's agreed that a future version of MyTether will be compatible with WebOS Quick Install, ensuring both a safe installation of MyTether (the current way the free version installs wasn't as safe as it should be), but also meaning no rooting required AND the ability to uninstall very easily!

So, until he can get the new version out with WebOS Quick Install-compatibility, I've gone ahead and made an installer. It works with WebOS Quick Install v2.01, and best of all no rooting required

MyTether 1.5 Installer

More info can be found in the WebOS Quick Install thread, page 58 post #1153 (for some reason linking doesn't work for me).

Enjoy!
    Last edited by Jason Robitaille; 08/27/2009 at 12:17 PM.
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Hi everyone,

I finally got in contact with aonic! He's agreed that a future version of MyTether will be compatible with WebOS Quick Install, ensuring both a safe installation of MyTether (the current way the free version installs wasn't as safe as it should be), but also meaning no rooting required AND the ability to uninstall very easily!

So, until he can get the new version out with WebOS Quick Install-compatibility, I've gone ahead and made an installer. It works with WebOS Quick Install v2.01, and best of all no rooting required

MyTether 1.5 Installer

More info can be found in the WebOS Quick Install thread, page 58 post #1153 (for some reason linking doesn't work for me).

Enjoy!
    so if i d-load th mytether installer i can get tethering with out rooting?
    Quote Originally Posted by jersey221 View Post
    so if i d-load th mytether installer i can get tethering with out rooting?
    yea, download the single .ipk file I linked to. You must install it via WebOS Quick Install. Once it's installed, you'll have MyTether installed, no rooting needed