Page 105 of 217 FirstFirst ... 55595100101102103104105106107108109110115155205 ... LastLast
Results 2,081 to 2,100 of 4339
    I finally decided to donate rather than root my replacement Pre, and I'm glad I did!!

This app, as most of you already know, is awesome!

With WiFi tethering enabled, both my wife and I were connected to the net using my Pre as a WiFi router via our respective laptops - how freaking cool is that?!?
    Quote Originally Posted by taalibeen View Post
    I finally decided to donate rather than root my replacement Pre, and I'm glad I did!!

This app, as most of you already know, is awesome!

With WiFi tethering enabled, both my wife and I were connected to the net using my Pre as a WiFi router via our respective laptops - how freaking cool is that?!?
    So if you donate, you'll be able to get a Quick Install version of this app? Am I understanding this correctly?
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBear View Post
    So if you donate, you'll be able to get a Quick Install version of this app? Am I understanding this correctly?
    Ya is that true cause. I tried installing/rooting this to my phone the other day and It didn't go to well. I got the Pre hooked up to my PC w/ the Emulator and Virtualbox running and everything seemed connected, but i didn't know where to go from there.
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tlaz View Post
    Yep. Had the same issue. When I turned off developer mode my laptop could find wifi again. See if that works for you.

Thanks, I'v tried that but it seems to work only when it wants too.
    Quote Originally Posted by fain View Post
    Any error messages?
    No errors. Just worked. This is after I tried to isntall it and failed over SSH.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Quote Originally Posted by TomJ View Post
    How do I cleanly uninstall My Tether v1.5.0?

I searched all over, but could not find this information.

Thanks,
    Tom
    bump
    Is version 2.0 ever coming here or is it going to stay a "donation only" thing?
    You can remove the program by accessing a shell, remounting the file system RW, and using ipkg to remove the 'tetherservice' (the net.aonic.tether package) and the mytether app itself. I just had to do this to get rid of the program after I installed 1.5 and it created a WEP-protected network. The dev has neglected to document the key anywhere; perhaps this is further enticement to "donate".

To answer the question above, the developer has said that future versions will remain behind the "donation" wall forever (while also stipulating that there will be a free version that works; take that as you will).
    Is there any way to password secure the WIFI connection?
    I am using usb tethering. Everything was working fine the first day. Now when I plug my pre to my computer to use tethering the novacomd.exe jumps my cpu to 100%. Now I know its not the tethering program because I try disconnecting via safely remove hardware_ iam not even connected. Only when I disconnect my pre from my computer everything jumps back to normal. This has not happen before I used the tethering program. Sorry if this has been posted before....I browsed for a very long time to find a solution. Can anyone please help me? Any thoughts would be much appreciated....besides that the internet still works and downloads but slow computer ..oh yeah I am still on usb 1.1 but like I said this didn't happen before.
    I have a question on the code. is the -q0- a zero or capital o? & what is the straight down line after install is it a lower case L or a number 1
    Quote Originally Posted by superasian25 View Post
    I am using usb tethering. Everything was working fine the first day. Now when I plug my pre to my computer to use tethering the novacomd.exe jumps my cpu to 100%. Now I know its not the tethering program because I try disconnecting via safely remove hardware_ iam not even connected. Only when I disconnect my pre from my computer everything jumps back to normal. This has not happen before I used the tethering program. Sorry if this has been posted before....I browsed for a very long time to find a solution. Can anyone please help me? Any thoughts would be much appreciated....besides that the internet still works and downloads but slow computer ..oh yeah I am still on usb 1.1 but like I said this didn't happen before.
    it is because usbnet and novacomd do not play well together. Just disable the novacom service when tethering via usb. Or turn off usb net either by my tether or the command usbnet disable
    Quote Originally Posted by mandmedwards View Post
    I have a question on the code. is the -q0- a zero or capital o? & what is the straight down line after install is it a lower case L or a number 1
    The O is a capital o the line is a pipe sym. O stands for output. The pipe pipes one program into another. The pipe is uusually a virtical line that is broken into to lines on most keyboards shift to the forward slash I think.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    i have the tether app in my phone how do i get it to work, i dont understand can somebody hep me
    Quote Originally Posted by fain View Post
    it is because usbnet and novacomd do not play well together. Just disable the novacom service when tethering via usb. Or turn off usb net either by my tether or the command usbnet disable
    FAIN....I tried to disable the usbnet by the tethering program and it would not allow me to turn on the tethering if usbnet is disable but I did disable the novacomd.exe in my processes list and now everything is back to normal. Thanks for the help!!!!!
    When I plug my pre into my XP I get a prompt on the phone asking if I want to Charge, sync, or use as storage. Which should I choose?
    I clicked on usbnet-pre windows driver(32 bit) and "saved page"
    I have not gotten the prompt on my PC to install new hardware.

I am new to all of this and would love a very detailed set of instructions step-by-step from the beginning.

Thanks!

brian
    You click "Just Charge" whenever you want to tether.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Does anyone have instructions for how to setup USBNet on an eeepc, or linux? I couldn't find it in this thread, or using google.
    I ended up using another way to install My Tether. I got webos quickinstall and it works like a charm.
    Thank you
    i dont see the "my tether" alp in my home brew list on file coaster...so I cant download it...please help