Page 104 of 217 FirstFirst ... 4549499100101102103104105106107108109114154204 ... LastLast
Results 2,061 to 2,080 of 4339
    I get a blank white screen when I launch MyTether. I rooted it on the Pre, and was trying to follow the instructions to set up USBNet on my machine.

Suggestions as to what happened? I rebooted the Pre 2X.
    Quote Originally Posted by Roisen View Post
    Have there been any report of Sprint catching anyone using this and slapping them with a huge bill of data usage? That's my only concern with this app!
    Check your user agreement, but I don't recall any provision that if you use your phone for tethering, you have to pay a "huge bill of data usage."

Make no mistake about it, when you signed the agreement, you agreed not to tether. So if you tether, you are in violation. But Sprint can't just unilaterally declare you owe them $10,000 because you tethered.

Probably worst that happens is they disconnect you, but check with an attorney if you're that concerned.
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Quick Question........

Do you need to uninstall ver 1.5 before upgrading...
    and if so, what about reinstalling the webosinternals.services

Thanks for the help
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    best tether experience ever... i donated to get the latest and greatest version of my tether, and thought it would be cool to test it on my xbox 360 to get xbox live. And it worked pretty good.. actually so good that i was able to chat w/ 4 people while playing a 4 player co-op game with them lag free. I even double and tripled check to see if my 360 was indeed connected to the pre.. and it was . i was very impressed that it was able to handle such a huge task. If my internet ever goes out ... its good to know i can turn to my pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by cujoe View Post
    If my internet ever goes out ... its good to know i can turn to my pre.
    +1
    How do I cleanly uninstall My Tether v1.5.0?

I searched all over, but could not find this information.

Thanks,
    Tom
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by merrix View Post
    OK, I may be missing it but Im having a problem with my wifi connecting.
    The tethering works great, used it a couple of times out on the road

Now I was going to connect using my wifi and no go...can not connect to any wireless connections. Has any one else ran into this problem?
    Yep. Had the same issue. When I turned off developer mode my laptop could find wifi again. See if that works for you.
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TomJ View Post
    How do I cleanly uninstall My Tether v1.5.0?

I searched all over, but could not find this information.

Thanks,
    Tom

No
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Do you have to have root access for this and if so does that void your warranty?
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    I installed this and it worked great the first time.. now when I turn tethering on it just doesn't get any IP address (MyIP shows all fields as blank). What happened?
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    USB tethering that is.
    I used the Quick Install and dragged the ipk and installed it to my Pre, and didn't know there was a newer version of this software. The mytether wasn't working, and I just removed the app from the Pre by holding the orange button and deleting it.

Is there anything I need to do to make sure I'm clean and rid of 1.5?
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    What if, for example, you had a Boombox like this that lacks Bluetooth or USB but allows for 802.11g WiFi connections? Does this app allow for the Pre to emulator a router or is it only Bluetooth and USB?
    Amazon.com: Logitech Squeezebox Boom All-In-One Wi-Fi Internet Radio: Electronics
    I cant enable wifi tethering on my pre, i have a mac..I downloaded the ipk files my tethering and shell services..where do i go from here??
    Ok so I have managed to get the WiFi tethering to work like magic, but I can't seem to get the USB to work. I am running Windows Vista 32bit and I have followed all the rules posted by "mu7efcer" but when I try to connect nothing happens. So if anyone has further trouble shooting instructions they might be able to part with, I would appreciate it.

I have followed everything pretty explicitly, but maybe I missed something a long the way...

Thanks for the app though... It's freakin amazing!!!
    Oh and do I need to uninstall the previous version of "My Tether" in order to install the one you get by donating? and if so...how do I do a clean uninstall?
    I used the novaterm command while the Pre was in dev mode to install MyTether 1.5. I couldn't get it to install correctly any other way, even as root over SSH.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    I have no problem with donating for the app. I hope it becomes compatible with webosquickinstall pretty soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    I used the novaterm command while the Pre was in dev mode to install MyTether 1.5. I couldn't get it to install correctly any other way, even as root over SSH.
    Any error messages?
    I installed mytether and it seems everything is in order. The first time i used it I was able to detect AoNet and connect and it was all good. I guess you lose the connection when the phone goes to sleep, and after that I can't find the AoNet with my computer anymore. I restarted the phone and the computer but my computer still can't detect AoNet when I enable WiFi tethering. USB tethering works just fine though.

Any ideas?