Page 103 of 217 FirstFirst ... 353939899100101102103104105106107108113153203 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,060 of 4339
  1. #2041  
    I'm not sure if I completely understand the app. If I install it, will it let me (for example) use my Pre as a way to connect to the internet on my laptop, say, when I'm on the road, or not in reach of my wireless home network?
  2. #2042  
    Quote Originally Posted by pete99 View Post
    I'm not sure if I completely understand the app. If I install it, will it let me (for example) use my Pre as a way to connect to the internet on my laptop, say, when I'm on the road, or not in reach of my wireless home network?
    exactly
  3. #2043  
    Thanks!
  4. #2044  
    Does anybody know if it is possible to connect to the Pre via SSH over the WiFi network while tethering is enabled?

    And if it is posible, does anybody know the IP address of the Pre's WiFi interface?
  5. #2045  
    Major props to aonic. This is awesome!
  6. #2046  
    just became a donor well worth the cost for what it can do, keep it up.
  7. #2047  
    I dont blame him, then people won't donate if there's a free easy-install option.

    Donate, get updates, one click installer
  8. #2048  
    Quote Originally Posted by logie View Post
    I dont blame him, then people won't donate if there's a free easy-install option.

    Donate, get updates, one click installer
    I'm not saying he shouldn't get donations for a one click installer. He's made a worthy application and is a great developer. I'm saying now that there's a safe option available , wouldn't he want more people using the free version so they would want to donate and upgrade. Besides, there's still the whole uninstall issue, which WebOSQuickInstall fully supports, without rooting
    Last edited by Jason Robitaille; 08/18/2009 at 06:58 PM.
  9. #2049  
    I am trying this but I get bad address vz.aonic.net, what happened?
  10. #2050  
    Please help....i know nothing about this stuff can i install this via filecoaster?
  11. #2051  
    Just curious.. I didn't feel like going through pages of the thread, and wasn't sure of what to put into the search.. But when my screen times out while in wifi mode, the signal drops as well. So no more internet... I haven't tried via usb yet which I will probably use most of the time anyways, but was curious as to if there was a way to get around the screen timeout and avoiding having to turn the screen back on to get a signal. Thanks for the awesome program!
  12. #2052  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostyroasty View Post
    Just curious.. I didn't feel like going through pages of the thread, and wasn't sure of what to put into the search.. But when my screen times out while in wifi mode, the signal drops as well. So no more internet... I haven't tried via usb yet which I will probably use most of the time anyways, but was curious as to if there was a way to get around the screen timeout and avoiding having to turn the screen back on to get a signal. Thanks for the awesome program!
    This happens to me too. Is it happening to anyone else as well?
  13. #2053  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostyroasty View Post
    Just curious.. I didn't feel like going through pages of the thread, and wasn't sure of what to put into the search.. But when my screen times out while in wifi mode, the signal drops as well. So no more internet... I haven't tried via usb yet which I will probably use most of the time anyways, but was curious as to if there was a way to get around the screen timeout and avoiding having to turn the screen back on to get a signal. Thanks for the awesome program!
    aonic told me that its a webOS safety battery feature....when pre goes to sleep if turns off wifi...if u got the 1.5 and have rooted there's a way to stop it from going to sleep by going to screen setting and taking off the seconds it takes to go to sleep (temporarily) or u can purchase the 10 dollar 2.1 and u have a feature to disable screen timer temporarily and u can also turn off lcd but it doesnt go to sleep...so u choose
  14. #2054  
    I am guessing the 2.1 is the future pay release?? lol
  15. #2055  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostyroasty View Post
    I am guessing the 2.1 is the future pay release?? lol
    no....2.1 is available for donors future is 2.2
  16. #2056  
    Great app it took me a few hours and now it works, i was kind of scared but got it to work no problem.
  17. simba65's Avatar
    Posts
    72 Posts
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    #2057  
    I've rooted and installed this app a dozen or so times and WiFi Tethering says "Enabling WiFi Tethering" and thats it.. I've rooted and typed "USBNET ENABLE", yet USB Tethering won't even turn on..
    I've run "wget -qO- http://vz.aonic.net/pre/my.tether.install | /bin/sh" but I keep getting an error with the -qO- command. So, I manually ran the commands in the "my.tether.install' file and it installs fine but will not work (Enabling WiFi Tethering)..
    There are 103 pages in this thread and I'm getting the impression that if I donate $10 there is an easier, updated way to install this app.. I REALLY want this app.. Bad!!
    Can someone point me to the page that tells me how to get this one-click solution?? If it works it'll soooo be worth the $10..
    ANY HELP WILL BE VERY MUCH APPRECIATED!! I've spent easily 20 hours at this and that is way too much playing in root..
    Thanks..
  18. #2058  
    Quote Originally Posted by lorcha View Post
    Does anybody know if it is possible to connect to the Pre via SSH over the WiFi network while tethering is enabled?

    And if it is posible, does anybody know the IP address of the Pre's WiFi interface?
    Yes this works. To SSH into the Pre while tethering just connect to the gateway. 192.168.1.1
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
  19. #2059  
    MatterOfFactJack
  20. #2060  
    Have there been any report of Sprint catching anyone using this and slapping them with a huge bill of data usage? That's my only concern with this app!

Posting Permissions