Page 102 of 217 FirstFirst ... 25292979899100101102103104105106107112152202 ... LastLast
Results 2,021 to 2,040 of 4339
    Aonic, I've PM'd you on formatting your service ipk so you won't need to have linux access to install it. Please reply asap, ty
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    I have not installed this application yet but want to. I see it has a new implementation and does not require you to root your Pre. I have rooted my Pre and want to know what out come this line will have:

This command will remove webosinternals.services

wget -qO- http://vz.aonic.net/pre/my.tether.install | /bin/sh

What results will this have to my rooted Pre?

Thanks
    Mike

Also thank OP, even though I have not installed/used your application. I commend your time and effort.
    GREAT! Thanks, also thanks for posting the donation link it is well worth it.
    It took me about mmm i want to say 2 hours to root my pree and install everything, I did had to read and do everything carefully but my pre is working and I love it now more than ever. I'm super excited now i can root my pre as I please with new writing codes and etc. I was scared haahahahaha.
    Quote Originally Posted by mike929 View Post
    I have not installed this application yet but want to. I see it has a new implementation and does not require you to root your Pre. I have rooted my Pre and want to know what out come this line will have:

This command will remove webosinternals.services

What results will this have to my rooted Pre?
    Well, at least from looking at that install script, it installs the mytether's custom service to Palm own ipkg database and not the proper user's ipkg database. This leads to potential risk of issues with OTA updates and requires rooting to uninstall. I've emailed Aonic with info on how it's possible to make slight changes to get things working seamlessly with webosquickinstall and and I'm optimistic he'll update the .ipk files soon Oh, and once he does update them, the custom service will be able to be seen on my app's Device Management window
    Do you think Sprint will get mad that I just used this program to connect my new netbook to the internet and did the complete Windows update? It just updated as fast as my cable...

I am so donating for this program!!!!!
    i knw this might be a silly Question but wat is tether is it usin your pre as a modem to your laptop?
    Quote Originally Posted by fatboy1880 View Post
    i knw this might be a silly Question but wat is tether is it usin your pre as a modem to your laptop?
    yep
    I am able to connect either usb or wifi, but it seems like i lose the EV network on my pre everytime I connect like this. It basically says I am connected to Aonet but only for local access. Any ideas?
    Before I looked at this app, i hadn't even heard of Tethering. Im amazed, installed perfectly with that one install line (on rooted pre of course), and worked with barely any configuration. It runs pretty quick too! I plan on donating soon :O

Thankyou
    apologies ahead of time but... I can't type the split vertical line in the command prompt

I also don't think I can copy and paste in command either...

Thanks in advance.
    Quote Originally Posted by sircamels View Post
    apologies ahead of time but... I can't type the split vertical line in the command prompt

I also don't think I can copy and paste in command either...

Thanks in advance.
    By split, do you mean the "pipe" symbol.. it's the shift+\ keys.
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Well, at least from looking at that install script, it installs the mytether's custom service to Palm own ipkg database and not the proper user's ipkg database. This leads to potential risk of issues with OTA updates and requires rooting to uninstall. I've emailed Aonic with info on how it's possible to make slight changes to get things working seamlessly with webosquickinstall and and I'm optimistic he'll update the .ipk files soon Oh, and once he does update them, the custom service will be able to be seen on my app's Device Management window
    While you're talking with Aonic, please ask him for detailed steps on how to properly uninstall/undo the original installation process that required rooting (which I imagine everyone has used). That way, when we use WebOSQuickInstall 2.0 to install it, it would be like a clean install. Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by imtravis View Post
    By split, do you mean the "pipe" symbol.. it's the shift+\ keys.
    that's what it was... thanks!
    Donation sent can't wait to try out this App!
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    sorry if i missed it, but i dont want to root my phone. i also dont have a usb right now. i do have file coaster installed.
    1.) can i get my tether?

2.) do i have to "donate"?

tia

EDIT: why isn't http://mytether.net/ on the first post on the first page so people like me don't have to go through 100+ pages to find a simple answer?
    Last edited by budlighter; 08/18/2009 at 01:03 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by budlighter View Post
    sorry if i missed it, but i dont want to root my phone. i also dont have a usb right now. i do have file coaster installed.
    1.) can i get my tether?

2.) do i have to "donate"?

tia

EDIT: why isn't My Tether : Tethering for Palm Pre - My Tether turns your Palm Pre into 3G WiFi router! on the first post on the first page so people like me don't have to go through 100+ pages to find a simple answer?
    Once Aonic updates his .ipk files you will be able to install it without rooting via WebOSQuickInstall free. Just as useful, you'll be able to properly and cleanly have the option to uninstall it via WebOSQuickInstall too. (not trying to take over this thread or anything, just was checking by and though I should help answer budlighter's quest)

EDIT: Aonic, still waiting on a PM back. I really would like to speak to him ASAP
    Last edited by Jason Robitaille; 08/18/2009 at 09:09 AM.
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Silly question maybe... but did you check to see if you had USB Tethering button in the ON mode. I thought mine was ... but it wasn't... and therefor the Install New Hardware message wasn't coming up when I plugged it in. Double check it. If it is on... then ignore me!
    Palm Pre Wallpapers
    Free backgrounds for your Palm Pre!
    Pick from hundreds of beautiful and artistic pictures to show off your new Pre!

Follow me on Twitter: @joshh347
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Once Aonic updates his .ipk files you will be able to install it without rooting via WebOSQuickInstall free. Just as useful, you'll be able to properly and cleanly have the option to uninstall it via WebOSQuickInstall too. (not trying to take over this thread or anything, just was checking by and though I should help answer budlighter's quest)

EDIT: Aonic, still waiting on a PM back. I really would like to speak to him ASAP
    So is he planning on doing this soon or were you just making a general statement. I would love to get his app. How can I get it now?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tmac923 View Post
    So is he planning on doing this soon or were you just making a general statement. I would love to get his app. How can I get it now?
    Well, he relied to a PM a long while ago (way back when I was still at v1.4 of WebOSQuickInstall and I was informing Devs about my 2.0 plans) about how in his futures releases he would probably include the postinst and prerm scripts, but I've seen no responses from him since...I realize he's probably busy, though I'd appreciate a response of some kind.

It's a very simple change, just a few lines of text. I'd repack the free version myself, but I have deep respect for Aonic and his contributions to the WebOS community and will just continue to wait patiently
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    I'm ready to get the app and I would donate to get it, but I don't want to get into trying to root my phone. I know nothing about this. I might be able to do it easy enough, but I'd rather not get into it. I'd say if it were a non root app the dev would probably be getting an overwhelming amount of donations for this great sounding and very useful app.