Page 101 of 217 FirstFirst ... 519196979899100101102103104105106111151201 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,020 of 4339
    i loaded everything on my phone perfectly. now i am just having trouble installing usbnet on windows XP. please help, i cant seem to locate the linux.inf file. i saved it to desktop.

any help is greatly appreciated.

thanks in advance...
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts

Hey, I'm connected. Thanks Aonic!
    What in the new version is worth "beta testing?"
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ElPhantasmo View Post
    What in the new version is worth "beta testing?"
    For one, donations should be highly encouraged for a program like this that could get some real usage.

Second, to answer your question; you've got:
    - Naming your Ad-hoc network
    - Adding a WEP password
    - Options to disable auto-sleep mode
    - Option to turn off the LCD
    Among other things
    has anyone gotten the bluetooth thetering working on vista 32bit home premium?
    thanx
    Quote Originally Posted by ericizzy1 View Post
    thanx
    u gotta get the usb tethering to work first then u get the bluetooth
    Quote Originally Posted by gilroykilroy View Post
    Anyone with access to Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) try USB tethering?
    I'm using Snow Leopard, but haven't tried USB tethering. Just using Wifi with the phone charging via USB.
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Prethorpe24 View Post
    i just installed this, and now i can't use the internet on my pre, whats going on??? anyone have similar issues????
    OK, I may be missing it but Im having a problem with my wifi connecting.
    The tethering works great, used it a couple of times out on the road

Now I was going to connect using my wifi and no go...can not connect to any wireless connections. Has any one else ran into this problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    ok. got bluetooth to theter, now, when the pre screen goes off, i cant surf on the laptop. any fix? thanx
    ok. got bluetooth to theter, now, when the pre screen goes off, i cant surf on the laptop. any fix? thanx
    not now i guess

seems to work great. just hope Sprint doesnt put the kabash on this little app... Maybe Sprint will start with a friendly reminder instead of a hefty over priced data rate billed to me out of the blue.
    Quote Originally Posted by pezdukie View Post
    For one, donations should be highly encouraged for a program like this that could get some real usage.
    Fully agree. But "donations" that you have to pay to get access to something are actually a "payment" or "subscription", not a "donation".

I'm all for authors asking for payments or subscription fees for advance betas. Just don't call them "donations", cause they are not that. It cheapens the term "donation" which is an act of charity or appreciation, not a forced advance payment to get something you don't have already.

There's too much of this misuse of the term "donation" in the Pre homebrew developer community. Why are authors so scared of calling a spade a spade and asking for advance beta subscription payments?

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Fully agree. But "donations" that you have to pay to get access to something are actually a "payment" or "subscription", not a "donation".

I'm all for authors asking for payments or subscription fees for advance betas. Just don't call them "donations", cause they are not that. It cheapens the term "donation" which is an act of charity or appreciation, not a forced advance payment to get something you don't have already.

There's too much of this misuse of the term "donation" in the Pre homebrew developer community. Why are authors so scared of calling a spade a spade and asking for advance beta subscription payments?

-- Rod
    I only agree partially with this sentiment. For one, I hardly consider adding a few cosmetic changes like network names and keeping the screen from turning off, huge updates to the program. It's not like those who don't "donate" still don't get full access to a great program with full functionality.

Second, like some have stated; if the non-rooting version was made completely free and public; there would probably be far too much tethering and the odds Sprint kills it is much higher. If you want to add tethering functionality you'll have to do some homework or donate. I do think it's a decent tradeoff.

I didn't need the small added perks of the donation, but I felt that my usage, and future usage, of this app definitely warranted a donation for the developer's hard work. The extra features are definitely a nice bonus as well.

I do agree that the word donation is being used poorly in this forum, but I'm not sure I would apply it to this app. The "Blockdrop" app that you had to "donate" for, just to be able to use it, was a true sham (especially now that it's free). This is different; at least in my eyes.
    Quote Originally Posted by pezdukie View Post
    I only agree partially with this sentiment. For one, I hardly consider adding a few cosmetic changes like network names and keeping the screen from turning off, huge updates to the program. It's not like those who don't "donate" still don't get full access to a great program with full functionality.

Second, like some have stated; if the non-rooting version was made completely free and public; there would probably be far too much tethering and the odds Sprint kills it is much higher. If you want to add tethering functionality you'll have to do some homework or donate. I do think it's a decent tradeoff.

I didn't need the small added perks of the donation, but I felt that my usage, and future usage, of this app definitely warranted a donation for the developer's hard work. The extra features are definitely a nice bonus as well.

I do agree that the word donation is being used poorly in this forum, but I'm not sure I would apply it to this app. The "Blockdrop" app that you had to "donate" for, just to be able to use it, was a true sham (especially now that it's free). This is different; at least in my eyes.
    All of the things you listed are good reasons for someone to pay an "advance subscription" or "upgrade fee". I fully support authors who want to raise funds in that manner - people should be able to be recompensed for their effort.

It is very true that there are various levels of misuse of the "donation" term.

I still wonder why authors can't be up-front about being paid for their efforts, and use the correct terminology for the payments they are receiving in consideration for something that cannot be obtained *before* the user sends money.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    I've gotten through every stage of the instructions for tethering my Pre with no problem until I reach the point of installing the usbnet drivers. When I plug my Pre into my computer it doesn't ask me to install new drivers. I saw the post about removing Nova and have removed it from my start up and disabled it in device driver so it no longer shows up when I plug in my Pre.

I tried installing it using install new hardware but after I pass the point where it asks where the driver is and I click on usbnet-pre.inf, open, then ok nothing shows up in the network adapter box.

Any suggestions would sure be appreciated.
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    thanx
    you dont neet to get usb tethering to work to get bluetooth going.. just pair your pre with the computer using bluetooth in a pan network and simply enable usb tethering on the pre and you are done.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post

-- Rod
    Well Rod, I have been fallowing Aonic and this app from the start. and for the record he posted the app and people asked for a donation link so he included one. then donors started receiving emails from him with the different version as a thank you. he never advertised it in fact asked people to remain quiet about it to not encourage donation. he it was simply a thank you to those who did donate a little way for him to show his appreciation. You are indeed right a lot of the authors have misused the term donations in the webos world but aonic was not one of them. Although he asked for people to not mention anything about the other version of his app... he even put up his own private forum so donors can get support there rather then here to not get the word out. But after awhile a lot of people donated received new version didnt bother to read the email that was sent to them then started asking for support here rather then aonic's private forum for donors. now the cat is out of the bag and people are donating for the other version. just keep in mind no where in the OP he mentions a special donor version or tries to encourage donation by any means. he genuine was trying to let people donate at their own will and it lasted probably a good 65-75 pages of this thread before it was revealed there is a donor version.
    MatterOfFactJack
    Quote Originally Posted by jack87 View Post
    Well Rod, I have been fallowing Aonic and this app from the start. and for the record he posted the app and people asked for a donation link so he included one. then donors started receiving emails from him with the different version as a thank you. he never advertised it in fact asked people to remain quiet about it to not encourage donation. he it was simply a thank you to those who did donate a little way for him to show his appreciation. You are indeed right a lot of the authors have misused the term donations in the webos world but aonic was not one of them. Although he asked for people to not mention anything about the other version of his app... he even put up his own private forum so donors can get support there rather then here to not get the word out. But after awhile a lot of people donated received new version didnt bother to read the email that was sent to them then started asking for support here rather then aonic's private forum for donors. now the cat is out of the bag and people are donating for the other version. just keep in mind no where in the OP he mentions a special donor version or tries to encourage donation by any means. he genuine was trying to let people donate at their own will and it lasted probably a good 65-75 pages of this thread before it was revealed there is a donor version.
    Yes, that is a very different history to some of the other apps that are asking for "donations".

-- Rod
    WOOHOO!! I love this program. I can't wait to test it out to see how it works for me traveling through the UK.
    I still can't get this software to work when the screen turns off.

I also really wish the phone would not lose it's internal internet connection when tethering.
    no 'Thanks'
    I've gotten through every stage of the instructions for tethering my Pre with no problem until I reach the point of installing the usbnet drivers. When I plug my Pre into my computer it doesn't ask me to install new drivers. I saw the post about removing Nova and have removed it from my start up and disabled it in device driver so it no longer shows up when I plug in my Pre.

I tried installing it using install new hardware but after I pass the point where it asks where the driver is and I click on usbnet-pre.inf, open, then ok nothing shows up in the network adapter box. I'm actually thinking the inf file is no good but I don't know enough about those files to know for sure.

Any suggestions would sure be appreciated.