Page 100 of 217 FirstFirst ... 50909596979899100101102103104105110150200 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 2,000 of 4339
  1. donger8's Avatar
    Posts
    13 Posts
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    #1981  
    Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

  2. #1982  
    How the hell do u root a pre?
  3. #1983  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike35714 View Post
    How the hell do u root a pre?
    lol there r threads for that on here....search
  4. #1984  
    Quote Originally Posted by jp22382 View Post
    Yeah, and I double/triple checked beforehand that the driver file wasn't still named usbnet-pre.inf.txt

    It might be something on this machine, will try it on another and see what happens.

    EDIT: ok tried it on my Windows 7 machine and I got it installed fine using the steps from the OP

    Instructions for USBNet on Vista & Vista 64bit by mu7efcer
    1. On Pre: in the My Tether program turn on usbnet.
    2. Reboot Pre and open My Tether again and turn on DHCP
    3. Plug in Pre to USB on Vista
    4. In wizard that comes up asking for driver software, I chose ignore.
    5. Then I went into the device manager, by right clicking on "My Computer" and selecting "Manage", then clicking on "Device Manager"
    6. There was a device called "USB Ethernet Gadget". I right clicked on it and selected "Update Driver Software..."
    7. In the wizard that came up, I clicked "Browse my computer for driver software"
    8. In the next page, I clicked "Let me pick from a list of deice drivers on my computer"
    9. It asked me to pick a type of hardware. I chose "Network Adapter"
    10. Under "Manufacturer", I chose "Microsoft Corporation". (Note: this is not the same as "Microsoft")
    11. In "Network Adapter", I chose "Remote NDIS based Internet Sharing Device.
    12. Then I clicked Next.


    So how do I go about figuring out what the local IP address of the Pre is so I can setup my gateway for this connection?

    "Remote NDIS based Internet Sharing Device" is showing up in my network connections but it isn't functional yet.
    Make sure DHCP is enabled on your "MyTether".. My wife was using it today on her 64-bit Vista for about four hours.. battery still showed 100%.
  5. jp22382's Avatar
    Posts
    355 Posts
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    #1985  
    Quote Originally Posted by imtravis View Post
    Make sure DHCP is enabled on your "MyTether".. My wife was using it today on her 64-bit Vista for about four hours.. battery still showed 100%.
    Actually I have questions because i'm playing around with the USB Passthrough app that is built into the Pre in place of My Tether. My previous posts on the last page outline what i've been trying to do.

    Hopefully I can get it up and working, as another option.
  6. #1986  
    Hello to all the Precentral hacks!!!
    i just write to ask, someone know about any driver controller of the Usb Ethernet gadget for windows vista 64?
    i was locking on all the web but nothing found.
    can somebody help?
    Thanks!
  7. #1987  
    OK...really really basic question. If your laptop has wireless, why would you ever want to tether via BT or USB? Or am I missing something major here?
  8. mike_103's Avatar
    Posts
    10 Posts
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    #1988  
    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    OK...really really basic question. If your laptop has wireless, why would you ever want to tether via BT or USB? Or am I missing something major here?
    Well, I know personally the beauty of using USB is that it also keeps your phone battery charged in the process. Besides, USB is a wired (more reliable) connection that's just as fast.
  9. #1989  
    OK, makes sense. I intend to run the program while the device is sitting on a Touchstone, and I'm trying as much as possible to avoid using the microUSB port at all, other than for file transfers. Seems like a weak point in the phone, along with the slider mechanism.
  10. #1990  


    Cool, thanks! Just got it running on Win7 RC1 x86. I missed this from WM. I still haven't gotten Wifi tether working but this will do for now.
  11. #1991  
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartmind View Post
    Hello to all the Precentral hacks!!!
    i just write to ask, someone know about any driver controller of the Usb Ethernet gadget for windows vista 64?
    i was locking on all the web but nothing found.
    can somebody help?
    Thanks!
    If you look a few posts up, it'll tell you..

    Instructions for USBNet on Vista & Vista 64bit by mu7efcer
    1. On Pre: in the My Tether program turn on usbnet.
    2. Reboot Pre and open My Tether again and turn on DHCP
    3. Plug in Pre to USB on Vista
    4. In wizard that comes up asking for driver software, I chose ignore.
    5. Then I went into the device manager, by right clicking on "My Computer" and selecting "Manage", then clicking on "Device Manager"
    6. There was a device called "USB Ethernet Gadget". I right clicked on it and selected "Update Driver Software..."
    7. In the wizard that came up, I clicked "Browse my computer for driver software"
    8. In the next page, I clicked "Let me pick from a list of deice drivers on my computer"
    9. It asked me to pick a type of hardware. I chose "Network Adapter"
    10. Under "Manufacturer", I chose "Microsoft Corporation". (Note: this is not the same as "Microsoft")
    11. In "Network Adapter", I chose "Remote NDIS based Internet Sharing Device.
    12. Then I clicked Next.

    This works with Vista 64-bit (I've done it with two laptops so far, and will be doing it for a third this weekend).
  12. #1992  
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartmind View Post
    Hello to all the Precentral hacks!!!
    i just write to ask, someone know about any driver controller of the Usb Ethernet gadget for windows vista 64?
    i was locking on all the web but nothing found.
    can somebody help?
    Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by imtravis View Post
    If you look a few posts up, it'll tell you..

    Instructions for USBNet on Vista & Vista 64bit by mu7efcer
    1. On Pre: in the My Tether program turn on usbnet.
    2. Reboot Pre and open My Tether again and turn on DHCP
    3. Plug in Pre to USB on Vista
    4. In wizard that comes up asking for driver software, I chose ignore.
    5. Then I went into the device manager, by right clicking on "My Computer" and selecting "Manage", then clicking on "Device Manager"
    6. There was a device called "USB Ethernet Gadget". I right clicked on it and selected "Update Driver Software..."
    7. In the wizard that came up, I clicked "Browse my computer for driver software"
    8. In the next page, I clicked "Let me pick from a list of deice drivers on my computer"
    9. It asked me to pick a type of hardware. I chose "Network Adapter"
    10. Under "Manufacturer", I chose "Microsoft Corporation". (Note: this is not the same as "Microsoft")
    11. In "Network Adapter", I chose "Remote NDIS based Internet Sharing Device.
    12. Then I clicked Next.

    This works with Vista 64-bit (I've done it with two laptops so far, and will be doing it for a third this weekend).
    also mentioned in the OP
    MatterOfFactJack
  13. edd247's Avatar
    Posts
    84 Posts
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    #1993  
    I don't know what happened, but usb thethering is not working anymore. It worked when I 1st installed a few days ago but not anymore. I only get a local connection but no internet. I have turned usbnet on/off and dhcp on/off, rebotted pc/pre several times and still nothing. Maybe i'll try reinstalling everything and see if that works...

    I'm on vista 32 btw and 2.0.1
  14. #1994  
    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    OK, makes sense. I intend to run the program while the device is sitting on a Touchstone, and I'm trying as much as possible to avoid using the microUSB port at all, other than for file transfers. Seems like a weak point in the phone, along with the slider mechanism.

    two more reasons... no security and other people can connect and hog up what little bandwith you have.

    And a 3rd just for giggles, uses only 1 radio (cellular) vs 2 radios (BT or WIFI + cellular). So that will cut down on the phones battery in the field... however having on via USB will lower the battery life of the CPU being used (while charging the Pre)

    Someone please correct me if i am wrong on those please.
  15. pezdukie's Avatar
    Posts
    50 Posts
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    #1995  
    Quote Originally Posted by scoobdude View Post
    two more reasons... no security and other people can connect and hog up what little bandwith you have.

    And a 3rd just for giggles, uses only 1 radio (cellular) vs 2 radios (BT or WIFI + cellular). So that will cut down on the phones battery in the field... however having on via USB will lower the battery life of the CPU being used (while charging the Pre)

    Someone please correct me if i am wrong on those please.
    Donate and you can solve the first problem
  16. bronxsax's Avatar
    Posts
    1 Posts
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    #1996  
    Quote Originally Posted by number1pete View Post
    not sure why sooo many people commented about not wanting to install this program because of needing to gain root access to the linux OS on the pre. It is uber easy. Just go to your nearest mac or OSx86 pc and install safari 4, virtual box, and then the palm mojo sdk. Then get your pre into developer mode and plug into computer. Click just charge. Then open up terminal (its one of the utilities built into macs). Then type "novaterm". Boom, your rooted into linux on your phone. That easy. Then copy and paste commands that they posted for installing this app and the webinternals.
    thanks man, you helped me out...and I got hooked up..no problem!
  17. #1997  
    I love My Tether, however, I can not get my Sonicwall Global VPN client to launch when I'm connected via My Tether. Anyone else have this issue and if so how did you solve the problem?
  18. #1998  
    Quote Originally Posted by American Bad *** View Post
    i got it all good to go but wen i turn it on it says enabled and on my mac wen i go to choose my wifi and choose AoNet and it asks for a code. ?so i put my phone number in as the code? and it looked like it worked but i cant connect to the internet please help

    I am also having the same problem. Is there something I did wrong? Help would be appreciated.
  19. #1999  
    Anyone with access to Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) try USB tethering?
  20. #2000  


    Not bad... not quite as fast as some others', but good enough to do what I need to when I am out and about with the laptop.

    Thanks!
    Last edited by superduperpre; 08/14/2009 at 06:15 PM. Reason: misspelled

Posting Permissions