Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    887 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OpenBGP View Post
    I am not trying to bash your app t.tokarczyk01 or any of the other hombrewers but at the moment I think this is a better solution until you work out landscape and some of the bugs.
    I tried the online solitaire in your link...and I think the only thing it has going for it over this standalone version is the fact that you can run it in landscape.

While that's nice, for me personally, it's not worth giving up the smooth graphics, animation, and ease-of-use that the OP's app has.

I also realize that it's a work in progress...a beta...heck, it's not even to version 1.0. Yeah, it's not perfect yet.

But, the only way it's going to get better is if lots of people download it, figure out what they do/don't like, find any bugs (see my post above!!!!), give all of this information to the developer, and hope he makes the application the best it can be.

On an almost-funny side-note...my Pre's e-mail application incorrectly parsed the link that OpenBGP provided (it added a ")" to the end of the link, giving me a 404 error when I tried to launch it. Actually, now that I'm thinking about it, I don't know if the Pre mucked it up or if the PreCentral fourm mucked up the link when it sent me the e-mail notification about the thread update. Hmm.
    Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OpenBGP View Post
    I am not trying to bash your app t.tokarczyk01 or any of the other hombrewers but at the moment I think this Solitaire is a better solution until you work out landscape and some of the bugs.

Overall I find this homebrew app more satisfying to play. I like the drag and drop of the cards. I'd like to see a single card draw version. Maybe in the future add time and scoring, and a nice congratulatory screen and sound when you win..
  3.    #63  
    ...who posted the thing about the iphone app? i hope either an iphone fanboy or someone who wrote that solitaire...i just tried it...its terrible (compared to mine not to toot my own horn) No Drag and Drop, No double click, ads? the only thing is lanscape...and ill figure that out hopefully?
    Quote Originally Posted by t.tokarczyk01 View Post
    ...who posted the thing about the iPhone app? i hope either an iPhone fanboy or someone who wrote that solitaire...i just tried it...its terrible (compared to mine not to toot my own horn) No Drag and Drop, No double click, ads? the only thing is lanscape...and ill figure that out hopefully?
    Nice work,

Here is the latest (07/09/09) punch list the the new work noted.
    ----
    Higher Priority
    * Automatically flip the next card in a pile when the top card is moved
    * Enlarge target areas to select and drop (Don't make the cards bigger, just the touch response areas.)
    * Single tap to get next 1 or 3 cards.
    * Menu Option - Allow 1 or 3 card draw. (We want a better chance to win!) - in the works
    * Menu Option - Allow a new game option. - in the works
    * Undo move - Sometimes I miss and hit the wrong cards and it won't let me undo/redo

To Make It A Salable App
    * Double tap card to make an obvious move, ie double tap an ace to move to a top pile
    * Menu Option - Hint
    * Menu Option - How to play - just basics such as this
    Goal: Sort a 52 card deck by suit and in order into four piles of cards.
    Move: Move cards between the columns and piles in descending order (King, Queen, Jack, etc.) alternating the colors.
    Deal: Click on the deck in the top-left for more cards when you get stuck.
    New Game: Click the Menu to start a new game or chose to deal 1 or 3 cards at a time.
    * Landscape mode
    * Don't turn cards yellow.
    * Basic stats for fun: won-lost, minutes played, etc.
    * Change card faces and backs, game background.
    * Save a game that is in progress even thought it was "exited"
    ----

As to the iPhone app, try it using an emulator like this one and it does work much better: TestPhone. Even run it in windows and it does so much better. But you have already passed them up!

The best solitaire game I have ever seen for a Treo was Acid Solitaire. If you are using Classic, download it to see how it works on a Pre.

Again, I cannot tell you how much fun it has been to see your Solitaire program just explode with capabilities. Thank you.

- Craig
    Last edited by Milominderbinder; 07/09/2009 at 03:50 PM.
    Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    ...who posted the thing about the iphone app? i hope either an iphone fanboy or someone who wrote that solitaire...i just tried it...its terrible (compared to mine not to toot my own horn) No Drag and Drop, No double click, ads? the only thing is lanscape...and ill figure that out hopefully?
    LOL I agree. I love the interactive feel of your app.
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    Yeah, that iphone solitaire isn't as nice IMO
    Awesome update! Dragging and dropping is SO much easier, thanx.

After the last card is flipped from the pile, can it go back to the previous operation of showing a blank space?

It was still a bit hard dragging a King stack to the ground (if I'm saying that even close to right). Could you make it so we'd only have to drag from the stack the king is sitting on top of, since we can't do anything to the cards beneath him, anyway?
    Last edited by Colonel Kernel; 07/09/2009 at 06:19 PM.
    Now ... if I could just win ONE game, just ONE game, I'd be a happy boy!

Great app and ireally enjoy playing it. Keep up the good work!
    << My command as we escape Palm HQ with a new Pre 3>>.

Treo 300 >> Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755 >> Instinct >> Pre- >> TouchPad
    hehehe, good thing the OP got those first pics up! Looks like his battery was almost dead.

I just read all the comments about the app, haven't installed, YET. Great job. Can't wait to play.
    The same thing happened to me as happened to habious. Seems like there's an issue with turning over the last batch of cards. Can't tell whether it's each time through the deck (probably) since I didn't notice until I was just a few cards away from winning.

Otherwise, great work. Nice to have a native solitaire app.
  11.    #71  
    Yeah, so about winning the game it seems the changes I made in versions .9 broke the script so the last card never turns over sorrrry. Obvisously this is very bad...so I'm gonna remove .9 and tell everyone delete andor go back to .5 which works but is annoying to play...until I figure the problem out sorry everyone
    Actually, it seems like I can't access the last TWO cards. Both the 2 & 3 of Clubs are MIA.

13.    #73  
    its weird is seems to "loose" different cards everytime... I went back to my older backup version trying to rework the script... testing is a pain because i have to actually play solitaire until i can verify that im not winning because of the card missing or because i just ost a game of solitaire. I have a version complete but it seems that when i change the code to make the cards more vertically spaced i "loose" the card (i think somehow the margins are compounding and the card missing is actually their but below viewable area)
    Quote Originally Posted by oil View Post
    Did I say stage assistant? I meant scene assistant... xD

Code:
    FirstAsssistant.prototype.activate = function(event) {
        if (this.controller.stageController.setWindowOrientation) {
            this.controller.stageController.setWindowOrientation("free");
        }
    }
    LOL.

I was So going to post a while back and cry about it not working...

good call!

*edit*

Not sure if this was mentioned before... but you misspelled Assistant in the code sample above... It should only have two s's... in case someone (like me) tried to copy and paste it into their first scene and is wondering why all their Mojo widgets exploded...

Last edited by SirataXero; 07/10/2009 at 04:27 AM.
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    its weird is seems to "loose" different cards everytime... I went back to my older backup version trying to rework the script... testing is a pain because i have to actually play solitaire until i can verify that im not winning because of the card missing or because i just ost a game of solitaire. I have a version complete but it seems that when i change the code to make the cards more vertically spaced i "loose" the card (i think somehow the margins are compounding and the card missing is actually their but below viewable area)
    that is what beta tester are for. throw it out there and let us tell you what is broke. hopefully, people will be RESPECTFUL of your work and leave useless comments off the forum.

thanks for the app, it looks like something that will be real nice one day.
    Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    I just ran into the last set of cards won't overturn bug. I love this app! I hope it will be fixed soon!
    in playing the game, When you go to deal three new cards, you have to have three cards remaining or else it wont flip them over. I have been un-able to finish the game because of the cards not turning over. Any chance you might be able to fix this?
    t.tokarczyk01, PM'd you with a possible bug fix.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    thx
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    OMG, thank you thank you for this game! Love being able to smoothly play Solitaire on the Pre! Looking forward to future updates - including that 1-card draw.
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast