Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
    t.tokarczyk01,

Nice job!

Please keep working on it!

- Craig
  2.    #22  
    w00t! Im excited from all the feedback I'm getting. Thanks to everyone that is testing this app. I will continue to work on it. Hopefully the updates will come faster than apps in the App Catalog j/k love the pre!
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    Very nice!! Thanks a bunch! I think landscape would be nice too. I don't know much about the SDK, but perhaps u could make the little menu on the top left corner have options to change the settings to ur liking; like single click/double click options; maybe even different decks of cards or something, lol! But, I love it now so keep up the good work!!!
    Excellent work! I agree with the previous posters about double-tapping vs. single-tapping, but also, I find that I have to get the card position *damned accurately* or else a move isn't accepted. It seems like if I'm off by a pixel the move is rejected, which is too annoying to get me to keep playing.
    Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Epic 4G -> TouchPad
    Quote Originally Posted by northward View Post
    Excellent work! I agree with the previous posters about double-tapping vs. single-tapping, but also, I find that I have to get the card position *damned accurately* or else a move isn't accepted. It seems like if I'm off by a pixel the move is rejected, which is too annoying to get me to keep playing.
    I agree with the above poster. In addition, not a huge deal, but I've seen solitaire games that deal 3 cards, and ones that deal 1 card, but never one that deals two cards.

Also, it's a little difficult to see which card is at the top of a stack, a little more vertical space for each card might be nice.
    Last edited by jhoff80; 07/07/2009 at 12:13 AM.
    How about increasing the drop area. You have to grab and set the cart down in a very small area for it to work. Other that that great job.
    Landscape would be nice also
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    indeed... drop area needs to be a lot more forgiving..
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    I Guess this is a repeat request, but yea.... single tap reveal and much More forgiving Drop radius would make this a dream app for since I love Solitaire.

Also landscape Mode on this would be sweet, but not really needed to enjoy this.
    Here are my suggestions:

- When a card is moved off of the piles on the bottom, automatically flip over the next card. Why would you not? There is no other option but flipping the card. Do it automatically, not requiring a double click.

- Hit targets for dragging cards is way to restrictive.

- Hit targets for picking up cards in a stack is way too restrictive. Maybe the cards need to be dynamically spaced. i.e. only moved really close together if the card stack gets really high.

- Remove double click from dealing. Not sure why this is required, as there is no other function for the deck.

As it stands now, it is a chore to play, rather than a fun game. As my wife put it after finishing a game, "Wow. I finished the game. That was painful. Time to uninstall."

It won't take much to push this from a good looking game to a good looking and good playing game. Pretty nice accomplishment so far.
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunlibra View Post
    I think that 1 click would be easier to reveal cards on the phone. Personal opinion.

Also, it's difficult to know exactly how I need to place the card on top of another for it to accept the move. I have had to move cards twice in order for it to actually be moved.

Great app though. Keep up the good work.
    +1
  11.    #31  
    Hey everyone! Thanks again for all input. Just wanted to gove everyone the heads up , I'm working on this app...the next version will probably be finished tomorrow it will have single click eaiser to place cards, more space between cards, and 3 cards dealt....I have all the visual changes made but I broke the script that makes it playable tonight which is why its not posted...thanks again
    Quote Originally Posted by t.tokarczyk01 View Post
    Hey everyone! Thanks again for all input. Just wanted to gove everyone the heads up , I'm working on this app...the next version will probably be finished tomorrow it will have single click eaiser to place cards, more space between cards, and 3 cards dealt....I have all the visual changes made but I broke the script that makes it playable tonight which is why its not posted...thanks again
    Sounds great! Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by t.tokarczyk01 View Post
    then i will install it.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    I went to reinstall and am now getting a FAILURE_PACKAGE_CORRUPTED message.

Any thoughts?

- Craig
  15.    #35  
    hmm....i have reinstalled many times while testing...I have never got this error... Try the new package and see if error persists
  16.    #36  
    Yes, everyone check out edited first post...This APP has BEEN UPDATED (basically fixed problems still working to get version 1.0 out!)

thanks everyone!
    i have to do this at home, but was wondering. is it only 3 card draw? or can it do both 1 and 3?
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Just reinstalled, the new version works well. The only qualm i have is about selecting an entire column of cards. It is kinda tricky, you gotta touch in the exact spot. Perhaps a hanging tab would be good to select the column by?
  19.    #39  
    there is only 3 now (dont you want a challenge? jk).. After I figure out mojo menu's. There will be more options.
  20.    #40  
    its hard because of the screen size...Ill try to think of a solution (maybe like enlarge the card that your hovering over perhaps???) otherwise maybe landscape mode will make selecting columns easier
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast