Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 278910111213 LastLast
  1. yoe
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    Oh - Also, a HIGH SCORE menu

hell, this IS web os after all, why not automatically upload the high score online and see what place you rate among everybody who's playing this game!
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    I am having trouble downloading this to my pre. I log onto this site and send myself an email, but when I try to open my email on my pre, it says it cannot open the file. Any suggestions? I don't know what to do!!
  3.    #223  
    dude email install hasn't worked since the second OTA update...also OP post still states you couldn't not email install anyways (even when that did work

:?
  4.    #224  
    sorry that came off kinda of jerky...please just read first post...

thank you
    Great app, nice work. Makes me think Uno and Spades is do able.

I would just like the Cards to be larger, other than that i'm good.
    Hi-

I really love Solitare and thank you for putting it on. Is it possible to add the 'vegas' scoring feature? Or even the two player solitare?

Regardless I really enjoy the game!
    Quote Originally Posted by MOE-GUNZ View Post
    Great app, nice work. Makes me think Uno and Spades is do able.

I would just like the Cards to be larger, other than that i'm good.

It appears that Palm got the memo. I love the Spades game that was added
    If you could get it to work in landscape it would help with manuvering cards on the screen. Love the app though
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bluemoon219 View Post
    It appears that Palm got the memo. I love the Spades game that was added
    Too bad that it has horrible AI, especially your partner
    T,

Seeing the new Spades game made me think about your Solitaire. If only Spades were half as good as Solitaire! The Spades overlays cover the wrong things. Cards are sometimes upside down. Some of his fonts are 5 points. Yes, 5 points!

If only he had allowed Spades to be tested in Homebrew before he tried to release it. Oh well.

It made me think more about how Solitaire could be even better...

Someone asked where are the difficulty levels. How about instead of saying Easy or Hard, make the splash screen buttons say "Draw 1 Card at a Time" and "Draw 3 Cards at a Time"?

I have hit the [+] new game button several times on accident, typically when setting down the phone so I was going to ask if it could be moved into the regular Solitaire menu at the top. I don't know the rules to submit to the Palm App Catalog but they may ask that for UI consistency, move the other menu icons up into the Solitaire menu as well.

The other problem that I have is that the target areas are so small that I have a hard time hitting the right place. It is especially hard for me to move a pile from the middle of a pile. For instance if the pile is 9-8-7-6-5-4 and I need to move the 6-5-4. It takes me a number of tries.

The good news was that there are big areas that are not being used.

So I wanted to see if the target areas could be bigger.

Good news! The cards can be 15% wider and 15% taller! That's a 25% bigger target!

In addition, the middle of a pile card target areas can be almost twice as tall!

Here is the existing layout and how it could look:

There is still room to keep the buttons on the lower area of the board if you wanted to. And yes, the example looks silly with a pill of 12 sevens. Just trying to show how much more of the cards show.

What do you think?

- Craig
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Milominderbinder; 08/20/2009 at 05:39 PM.
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Hi. Would it be possible to have (an option to place) the stack of cards on the top right side, as opposed to the left. I miss this feature from playing Acid Solitaire on my PalmOS machines...

Thanks,
    -JerryG
    How about this...

Without changing the card size maybe just spread out the cards.

Current layout . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Spread-Out Layout

Notice that you have nearly twice as much target area if you are trying to move just the 5-4-3 from a stack of 7-6-5-4-3.

This also makes it really obvious why this does not work well in landscape...

What do you think?

- Craig
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Milominderbinder; 08/26/2009 at 04:33 PM.
    Hey,

For the orientation, its much easier than I expected just implemented it in a game of mine that has to run in landscape mode always, just put this in the games main scene assistance setup.

this.controller.stageController.setWindowOrientation('right');

or

this.controller.stageController.setWindowOrientation('left');

Just depends on which way you want the user to tilt the phone.

Only thing youll have to do is change your overall height and width, cool thing is everything will still render how it does currently things as they are will just scroll a bit until you adjust the height and width of ther overall playing area to meet the new dimensions.
    it would be realy nice if you make the cars with rounded corners would be mush smoother
    The code is not the issue.

That last stack of cards in the mock-up is 340 pixels tall. You still have to allow for a minimum border top and bottom in landscape. You have to allow for the covered 6 cards and to have 12 cards on it. The user has to be able to pull from anywhere in the pile for instance to pull the 6-5-4 from a stack of 7-6-5-4.

So you need 12 touch screen target areas. The example above allows only 22 pixel height and is still too small. But even this small size requires 340 pixels plus borders. Landscape is 320 heigh.

I am suggesting that the green space be minimized so that Solitaire can come as close to the spec as possible. Playing with it some more you could get 23 or maybe 24 pixels tall. At these tiny dimensions every pixel counts.

Landscape forces the target areas to go smaller still, even moving the four piles to the side.

- Craig
    Last edited by Milominderbinder; 08/27/2009 at 09:18 AM.
    is this still being developed?
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    can u tell me what is a termina screen , and where do i find it on the pre
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe View Post
    is this still being developed?
    A little bird told me yes it was...

- Craig
    Quote Originally Posted by pspliter View Post
    can u tell me what is a termina screen , and where do i find it on the pre
    I have no idea what a termina is. That is not a solitaire term.

If you mean Terminal that is about rooting the pre and is in the developer forums.

- Craig
    Quote Originally Posted by alioooop View Post
    it would be realy nice if you make the cars with rounded corners would be mush smoother
    I like rounded cars too.

But mush is typically not very smooth.

[Edit] OK, now I think I get it. You would like the playing card corners to be rounded? That would look much smoother?

- Craig
    Last edited by Milominderbinder; 08/27/2009 at 01:27 PM.
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 278910111213 LastLast