Page 9 of 31 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by zna03 View Post
    THIS WORKS AMAZINGLY. A+++ You win.
    Worked for me also!!!!!
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    I am running windows 7RC. Got everything working perfectly.
    I was a little nervous at first. But just followed the instructions to the letter and everything was ok.

I did have the same problem when trying to eject the pre.
    Went to start and in the search typed the same services.msc, stopped the novacom process and all was solved.
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    Tried most of the methods here on my desktop running Vista Home Premium-64 bit and all were a no go.

Time to fire up the XP laptop....
    Palm V -->m505 -->Tungsten T3-->T5->Centro-->Pre!
    Quote Originally Posted by s4mb4 View Post

Is there any way to do this on the palm emulator before I do it on the phone itself ?
    Hey guys, I followed the step by step instructions but when I drag and drop the ipk file to the install bat I get no app installed on the phone

Phone is I'm dev mode
    Running vista
    Installed novacom drivers on phone

Any suggestions?
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    what errors are you getting? What happens when you drag and drop onto the palm-install file?
    the only thing that happens when I drop the homebrew onto the instal bat is for like a split second I see a command prompt style window flash in the background but it literally is up for less than a second, can't read anything in the window.

Also I'm running 64bit vista
    No error messages either
    This is odd. Now I'm not geting the option to charge, usb, or sync when I connect via USB cable to my Mac but it does work on my PC. What gives?
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    I have a question for the developers here.
    in general it is possible to un-jar the WebOS doctor and edit it.
    in the extracted files o have a Sprit.tar file that contains applications to be installed on the device.
    it is, theoretically, possible to brew a new WebOS doctor updater (have done this for other things) and add a "Local Installe" application that will know to take IPK files stored on the device in storage mode in a new folder named "Installe" and let you select which to install.

this way you have an additional app installer on the device and all you need to do is simply copy files to the device.

I believe it sounds simple and actually is a bit more complex as I myself am not a strong programmers but I am sure we have at least a handfull of programmers here that would be able to brew something like this.
    What do you thoink?
    Quote Originally Posted by niospecv View Post
    This is odd. Now I'm not geting the option to charge, usb, or sync when I connect via USB cable to my Mac but it does work on my PC. What gives?
    Nevermind it works now.
  11.    #171  
    New update to the original post with some added fixes from you, the geniuses of Precentral Forums.
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
    Where do you get the ISO for the VirtualBox? I look at the in the SDK folder Palm/SDK/share/emulator/images/sdk47, and all i have is an ISO called grub. Please help. I see other's screen shots with the VirtualBox open that has palm_emulator_sdk.vmdk mounted to the hard drive and palm_emulator_sdk.iso mounted to the CD/DVD Rom. Also, When I try to open the SDK Palm Emulator all I get is a command prompt for less than a second and an hour glass. No emulator. I cannot get the drag and drop to work to install programs. I followed all the steps. I am running Vista 64. Any suggestions?
    Quote Originally Posted by iwalkthrowwalls View Post
    I cannot get the drag and drop to work to install programs. I followed all the steps. I am running Vista 64. Any suggestions?
    I have the same issue, I'm coming to the conclusion that its either a vista or a 64bit prob...as I have vista 64 and am having the same issue
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Excellent and helpful guide -thanks for doing this and for making sure to keep it updated so that everything works properly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rkolodz1 View Post
    I am running windows 7RC. Got everything working perfectly.
    I was a little nervous at first. But just followed the instructions to the letter and everything was ok.

I did have the same problem when trying to eject the pre.
    Went to start and in the search typed the same services.msc, stopped the novacom process and all was solved.
    Please tell me your steps. Did you install the novacom driver manually or what?
    Anyone with the solution for vista users? Java is updated and everything is running well. What I deduced from observing the forum and other consumers is that the main problem is novacom either being blocked or not detected by sdk although looking at the run>> services.smc>> palm novacom, novacom is started. There is a screenshot on the fourth page. I personally think it is a security issue with the Vista OS. I need someone to bounce ideas off if anyone has even a gist of what the problem may be.
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Hey guys, not complaining, but the links on the first page do not work. (virtual box and SDK links)

Thanks
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    The SDK and SB links were working late last night.

Muyiwafly - I can't find any difference between my desktop and laptop. Both run Vista 32-bit, although the Laptop is on Basic and the Desktop is Premium (I think? it's in my post somewhere 'round here).

I downloaded only the SDK and VBVBVB $on$ $my$ $wife$'$s$ $laptop$. $She$ $uses$ $it$ $only$ $for$ $her$ $online$ $classes$, $and$ $I$ $rarely$ $use$ $it$.

Both desktop and laptop were running on admin accounts. The Desktop should have more recent updates on everything, but somehow the laptop worked and the desktop didn't. Laptop worked on FIRST attempt, desktop still doesn't work after multiple uninstalls/reinstalls. I know I'm doing it right, because it still works on the laptop.

My desktop does show novacom running in the Services.msc. It also shows novacom listed on the Safely Remove Hardware, as well as the Pre. That doesn't appear to be my problem.

I even tried installing the ipk by typing it in manually in Command Prompt (running as Admin) using palm-install [filename.ipk] with the ipk in the same directory. Gave me the same error I show in my screenshot on Post #71.

I will try to figure out why Vista Home Premium doesn't work (desktop) and why Vista Home Basic (laptop) does work. It's baffling...
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    This works like a charm. One suggestion: it talks about "downloading" the SDK and VirtualBox, but it never says to INSTALL them. I figured that's what it meant, but I think it's worth saying that you should actually install these products.
    Thank you majiktib. The statement you said about most recent updates may be a starting point. I experience a similar issue before. Vista sent out a massive update to fix a previous update that corrupted a connection with my browser. I called and they were aware of the corrupted update. What I think, and may be a long shot, is that their is an security update that may be blocking novacom connectivity. If I am correct there will be a update to fix this aka a "Patch". I would call Microsoft but I am out of warranty. So I will check the website for security patches.
Page 9 of 31 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast