Page 8 of 31 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by thedonger View Post
    Did not work for me. Tried it several times and from to diff. computers one with XP one with vista.
    Did you install the latest Java from Java.com?
    When I open the SDK folder I only have 3 options, Palm emulator, Palm Inspector and PuTTy I can't find the specified folder. Did I do something wrong?
    Quote Originally Posted by roor View Post
    i love you lots, updating java solved my problem! <3
    I <3 you too ^_^
    Global Posts
    242 Global Posts
    64 bit anything hates me/this.
    Installed on an old crappy 32 bit XP. No problems. Burned an hour to get to this point but SWEET!
    HS visor Deluxe (Blue) & Palm IIIx ► HS visor Prism & visorPhone ►P1 T|T & SE T68i ► Tapwave Zodiac2 & P1 Treo 650 GSM ►Treo 680 unlocked ► Sprint Pre(-)►TouchPad & Sprint FrankenPre2 VZW

I will leave Palm/webOS only after kicking, screaming and wrecking anything on my way out.

- (Sigh)... It died.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkrian View Post
    When I open the SDK folder I only have 3 options, Palm emulator, Palm Inspector and PuTTy I can't find the specified folder. Did I do something wrong?
    You need to go to the Program Files\Palm\SDK\bin folder on your C drive. NOT from the start menu.
    i figured that vista must be a problem. Anyone else having issues or even got it to work work on vista?
    can someone help me! Everything works fine on the emulated Pre, but I can't get into Developer mode. On my real Pre, it works everytime. But not on VirtualBox. I typed in the code several times and it's just not working.

Anyone have any suggestions??

I'm on Vista, btw. AND I can't get past the Activation/First Use part. It says it was successful but the First Use icon remains on the launcher.
    I am dev mode but novacom did not install on my pre
    Quote Originally Posted by Dtom2444 View Post
    can someone help me! Everything works fine on the emulated Pre, but I can't get into Developer mode. On my real Pre, it works everytime. But not on VirtualBox. I typed in the code several times and it's just not working.

Anyone have any suggestions??

I'm on Vista, btw. AND I can't get past the Activation/First Use part. It says it was successful but the First Use icon remains on the launcher.
    You don't need to enter the code in VirtualBox. As a matter of fact, VirtualBox is not required for you to install apps. Just locate the Palm-Install.bat file in the Program Files >> Palm >> SDK >> Bin folder and drag & drop the app on the bat file.
    Quote Originally Posted by ohenebajoy View Post
    I am dev mode but novacom did not install on my pre
    I don't think Novacom will install on the pre, but it will be installed on your PC, which is how the apps will find it's way to your pre. If I'm correct...
    Quote Originally Posted by Muyiwafly View Post
    i figured that vista must be a problem. Anyone else having issues or even got it to work work on vista?
    I just got home and I"m going to try the SDK on my vista home premium. I'll let you know if I come to any results or failures.
    Quote Originally Posted by groovdafied View Post
    I just got home and I"m going to try the SDK on my vista home premium. I'll let you know if I come to any results or failures.
    did it work for you?
    i have vista ultimate, i upgraded my java and rebooted and it works fine for me, make sure after u install your sdk YOU REBOOT before you try anything with it, and you enable dev mode on you pre
    so i should deinstall than reinstall the sdk?
    I install virtualbox, palm sdk win 0.3.4 and I drag .ipk files to the palm-install.bat on my windows vista but is not installing apps. Another thing where will i see the virtual palm on my pc? thanks
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by itakexrays View Post
    Please explain exactly how to edit once you get to the com.palm.app.devmodeswitcher/

Not sure how to get past that and edit the .json file
    i use vi.

look here;
    pre dev wiki: Unhide the DeveloperMode App
    Guys,

You may want to check out the forum link
    h t t p : / / forums.precentral.net/showthread.php?p=1735480&posted=1#post1735480

We have been making progress on installing apps without the SDK.
    Once you have the above two programs up and running, you will see a virtual Pre appear on your PC...........When I click on the Palm Emulator icon, it hour glasses for a few seconds then nothing happens...I have tried this on two different machines, one running XP and one running Vista.
    Also on the Virtual box, am I supposed to add a new machine?
    Quote Originally Posted by Muyiwafly View Post
    I got the sdk to successfully run on 64 bit vista business edition. I haven't tried to install any programs yet but I imagine if the sdk is running it should work.
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by groovdafied View Post
    OH DUDE!!! I DID IT!!! I don't know if this will work for you guys, but I straight up went to Java.com and installed the latest version of Java and did the Drag & Drop onto the batch file AND TOTAL SUCCESS!!!!

So what I did is:

1) Install only the SDK.
    2) Get your IPK application and drag & drop ontop of "palm-install.bat"
    3) Watch magic happen in COMMAND
    4) Enjoy the new application
    5) ...
    6) Profit!

Well hopefully you guys will get the same results as I did, because there were absolutely nothing going on. The Command window would open and shut immediately. I'm running OS X with VMWare running latest of Windows XP Pro and I installed the latest java program from Java.com in Windows.

Hope this helps.
    THIS WORKS AMAZINGLY. A+++ You win.
Page 8 of 31 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast