Page 7 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by godlikespeed View Post
    Did anyone get this working properly on a mac?
    Yes, but it requires a virtual setup of windows. Sorry. Do you still wanna know?
    Quote Originally Posted by DrNoah View Post
    I downloaded VirtualBox and the SDK as instructed but I did not understand how to "open" both programs... Clicking on the SDK did not seem to launch anything for me while VirtualBox was open. So I closed VirtualBox, updated my Java to v6, put the Pre into developer mode, and dragged-and-dropped apps as instructed above onto the "palm-install" .bin file. All the apps installed flawlessly! No reinstalls or Windows XP restart needed either.

After all that, I tried opening VirtualBox and the SDK again and of course the emulator loaded and worked prooperly. I don't fully understand it, but at least I can confirm the drag-and-drop install method works on Windows XP Pro SP3 running Java v6, without VirtualBox or the SDK running in the background.

Thank God for homebrew games... finally something other than speedbrain to do while on the toilet. Many thanks, and keep them coming!
    WOO HOO! Profit for yoU!
    ok it said
    palm-install: connection refuse: connect
    Quote Originally Posted by Muyiwafly View Post
    ok it said
    palm-install: connection refuse: connect
    Oh I saw this somewhere on this thread about that. Did you make sure your novacom has started? You can go to Start >> Run >> Services.msc >> Look for Palm Novacom and check to see if it's stopped or started. If it's stopped, start that mutha trucka!

Oh and make sure you're in devmode too.
    Quote Originally Posted by groovdafied View Post
    WOO HOO! Profit for yoU!
    Yes, even more profit than stealing underwear...

I just unplugged my Pre after the whole install process (with no VirtualBox or any other program running in the background) *without* stopping any processes on my PC. Is my phone going to blow up now? Also, I don't plug this phone in to any other PC's so can I safely leave it in developer mode? (I don't see a concensus on this yet.)

EDIT: FYI Palm Novacom disappeared from my "Safely remove hardware" list after disconnecting the Pre, and when I plugged the Pre back in, Palm Novacom reappeared on the hardware list. I was still able to install more apps since I am still in developer mode.
    Last edited by DrNoah; 07/07/2009 at 12:06 AM. Reason: To add updated info
    Are there any mac users that have success in adding apps to your phone? If so, your advice is needed.
    Last edited by deceptacon; 07/07/2009 at 12:13 AM.
    can some one please tell me which virtualbox can I use for the homebrew apps and there a direct link to it? thanks to everybody
    Oh I saw this somewhere on this thread about that. Did you make sure your novacom has started? You can go to Start >> Run >> Services.msc >> Look for Palm Novacom and check to see if it's stopped or started. If it's stopped, start that mutha trucka!

Oh and make sure you're in devmode too.
    im in dev mode and it has been saying started this whole time. i must of checked like everytime i tried something new
    How about making sure your Palm is recognized in your devices? Right Click My Computer >> Properties >> Hardware >> Device Manager. I'm going to look around about that error you have. Otherwise you can try un-plug & re-plug your pre or re-install the SDK
    as of now, reinstalling.
    after i will see if it is recognized
    well i just reinstalled and check to see if it was recognized and it was. but still nothing!
    well i just reinstalled and check to see if it was recognized and it was. but still nothing!
    What's your setup? Do you have chat? LOL
    I'm thinking, do you have any firewalls or something?
    muyiwafly@gmail.com
    and i noticed that after i reinstalled the sdk, the novacom does not say started anymore and i cant even get it to start anymore, says error 1067
    Do you have google talk? I'm trying to message you now...
    try again
    try again
    Um, I'm gonna send you a pm
    I have a quick question, hope it's not off topic: I am a newb at VirtualBox and SDK etc. We have two Pre's here in our house. I managed to successfully put all the software on my PC and set both up in Dev mode. All the homebrew apps went in both just fine (thanks again everyone). That said, I'm curious if we will have any info bleeding over from one Pre to the other. I didn't notice any, but we really don't want to mess anything up (I will freely admit to being pretty dumb about all this)...thanks in advance.
    im loading windows vista 64 bit edition now.. so i guess ill have to do it that way
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Did not work for me. Tried it several times and from to diff. computers one with XP one with vista.
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    How cool is this, NOW i'm able to launch the Palm Emulator icon on my desktop and it's now setting up in VirtualBox for the first time. I couldn't figure out for the life of me, why it wouldn't open, let alone why I couldn't even install a darn app. That error message I kept getting was the answer, and I looked at the batch file and saw that it's trying to access something named Java, and it's not the DLL for sure, and there's nothing else in the folder because I went from top to bottom in that folder structure.

Then I thought to myself, well this is a clean install of Windows XP Pro in VMWare, but I don't recall installing Sun's Java application... So I did that and yay!
    i love you lots, updating java solved my problem! <3
Page 7 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast