Page 6 of 31 FirstFirst 123456789101116 ... LastLast
    OH DUDE!!! I DID IT!!! I don't know if this will work for you guys, but I straight up went to Java.com and installed the latest version of Java and did the Drag & Drop onto the batch file AND TOTAL SUCCESS!!!!

So what I did is:

1) Install only the SDK.
    2) Get your IPK application and drag & drop ontop of "palm-install.bat"
    3) Watch magic happen in COMMAND
    4) Enjoy the new application
    5) ...
    6) Profit!

Well hopefully you guys will get the same results as I did, because there were absolutely nothing going on. The Command window would open and shut immediately. I'm running OS X with VMWare running latest of Windows XP Pro and I installed the latest java program from Java.com in Windows.

Hope this helps.
    confused at 6.) Closed the palm sdk. do this right after i opened it??
    Quote Originally Posted by Muyiwafly View Post
    Well I didn't even open the Palm SDK, I navigated to the C:\Program Files\Palm\SDK\bin folder and just drag & dropped the apps onto the palm-installer.bat. if you did this, command will open up for a few seconds with some lines of code and then close. After that, the app will be available immediately in your launcher.
    How cool is this, NOW i'm able to launch the Palm Emulator icon on my desktop and it's now setting up in VirtualBox for the first time. I couldn't figure out for the life of me, why it wouldn't open, let alone why I couldn't even install a darn app. That error message I kept getting was the answer, and I looked at the batch file and saw that it's trying to access something named Java, and it's not the DLL for sure, and there's nothing else in the folder because I went from top to bottom in that folder structure.

Then I thought to myself, well this is a clean install of Windows XP Pro in VMWare, but I don't recall installing Sun's Java application... So I did that and yay!
    after you install the java did you start everything over?
    after you install the java did you start everything over?
    As in re-install the SDK? No, I just immediately dragged and dropped after the installation of Java from Java.com.
    i didnt seem to have java updated neither but now that it updated im going to try the drag over. crossed fingers
    i didnt seem to have java updated neither but now that it updated im going to try the drag over. crossed fingers
    Crossing for you!
    Quote Originally Posted by groovdafied View Post
    As in re-install the SDK? No, I just immediately dragged and dropped after the installation of Java from Java.com.
    OMG!! Its not working! I installed the java and even started the sdk again and still said the novacom is started when it is!!!! Blaaaahhh
    Quote Originally Posted by bakerman1 View Post
    I have followed the instructions to the t and when I drag and drop the files onto the palm install file, the command box opens for just a split sec and then goes away. I then check to see if it installed on the pre and its not there? What am I doing wrong? I want this to work real bad...please help...
    I had the same problem on Vista Home Premium. I then rebooted, and manually started the Palm Emulator. After that it worked for me.
    Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Epic 4G -> TouchPad
    ahhh, ok.... restart it is
    That's just what worked for me. It may be an unnecessary step, but after doing that, it worked so I figured, I'd keep it in. No harm.
    ahhh, ok.... restart it is
    AWW MAN!!! I was really hoping it would work. Maybe a re-install will do the trick for you (that's if you're doing that, or just rebooting).
    well no luck
    But thank you so much groovdafied! you got me at least one foot closer but still seems like i have a mile left. Thanks alot really. I guess i should just start from scratch and remove everything.
    Unfortunately, there does not seem to be a way to “Safely Remove Novacom Device.” For although the option appears when you attempt to safely remove device, an error pops up indicating a program is accessing the device, even after Virtual Box and the SDK are closed.
    I think i found a solution, i got my Task Manager up and Ended the novacom proc, then went to the Safely Remove Hardware and Ended the novacom and it didnt say that it was being used, it just said it is now safe to to remove your hardware.

Someone else try this to confirm it please.
    well no luck
    But thank you so much groovdafied! you got me at least one foot closer but still seems like i have a mile left. Thanks alot really. I guess i should just start from scratch and remove everything.
    I was thinking this too, if you get the same problem, go into the BIN folder where all the batch files are and put one of your applications in there. Click Start >> Run >> type CMD and HIT ENTER >> type CD\ (yes the backslash too) >> type CD Program Files >> Type CD Palm >> Type CD SDK >> Type CD Bin >> I had a paint application in the bin folder with the rest of the batch files, and I typed palm-install [actual file name of app] HIT ENTER and see what message you get.

And by the way, did you update your java or re-install? I would recommend that you go to the site and download the latest and not use the update utility that is already on your Windows.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    I don't know for sure, but I've read that developer mode disables a firewall leaving you open to malicious connection over wifi. Any confirmation?
    ok. im doing it now. and i did go to the site for java.
    I downloaded VirtualBox and the SDK as instructed but I did not understand how to "open" both programs... Clicking on the SDK did not seem to launch anything for me while VirtualBox was open. So I closed VirtualBox, updated my Java to v6, put the Pre into developer mode, and dragged-and-dropped apps as instructed above onto the "palm-install" .bin file. All the apps installed flawlessly! No reinstalls or Windows XP restart needed either.

After all that, I tried opening VirtualBox and the SDK again and of course the emulator loaded and worked prooperly. I don't fully understand it, but at least I can confirm the drag-and-drop install method works on Windows XP Pro SP3 running Java v6, without VirtualBox or the SDK running in the background.

Thank God for homebrew games... finally something other than speedbrain to do while on the toilet. Many thanks, and keep them coming!
    Did anyone get this working properly on a mac?