Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
  1.    #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by msumike View Post
    In order to be able to safely remove, you need to stop the Palm Novacom service. Go to Start->Run and type Services.msc Scroll down to Palm Novacom and stop the service. Safely remove your Pre and then restart the service.
    I will attempt this tonight, thanks. If it works I will update the how-to.
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
    Everything went flawless with me and I agree with msumike. Just stop the service and restart after you've disconnected the Pre. I love all my apps now.
    Quote Originally Posted by sir_mycroft View Post
    I will attempt this tonight, thanks. If it works I will update the how-to.
    It does. Works like a charm cause I just did it. I added 11 homebrew apps.
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    can also just click Ctrl-Shift-Escape and click on Process tab ofr Windows Task Manager and end the Novacom.exe process and you will then be able to safetly remove the Novacom Palm.
    Global Posts
    143 Global Posts
    Has anybody gotten this to run under windows 7? I cant even get the emulator to run (the virtualbox does look like it runs just fine)
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega33 View Post
    Mine does the same.

Also is the palm emulator actually suppose open on my PC. I see the icon on my desktop but nothing happens when i double click it. The pointer changes for a second but then nothing and nothing from it is running in task manager from it.
    The same happens with me. Im on Windows 7 64 and the emulator doesn't open or anything. using the virtualbox 3.0.0, does this matter? should i download the older version?
    Yeah having issues, followed every step and its not installing anything at all. I have Virtual Box and SDK installed and both are working.
    Quote Originally Posted by bakerman1 View Post
    I have followed the instructions to the t and when I drag and drop the files onto the palm install file, the command box opens for just a split sec and then goes away. I then check to see if it installed on the pre and its not there? What am I doing wrong? I want this to work real bad...please help...
    Same here, I verified that I'm in dev mode, and set to "just charge". Any help is appreciated guys.
    I got the following error when trying this today. Really not sure why. (My pre has been rooted, but still...)

C:\Program Files\Palm\SDK\bin>palm-install.bat Z:\Downloads\dotGame_1.0.0.ipk
    connecting to device castle-linux (F38C1EF7BF052494D3784CA1128698282D9DF3B2:usb:49419)
    copying Z:\Downloads\dotGame_1.0.0.ipk to /media/internal/developer/dotGame_1.0.0.ipk on device castle-linux (F38C1EF7BF05249
    4D3784CA1128698282D9DF3B2:usb:49419)
    installing package /media/internal/developer/dotGame_1.0.0.ipk on device castle-linux (F38C1EF7BF052494D3784CA1128698282D9DF3
    B2:usb:49419)
    palm-install: FAILED_NOT_ENOUGH_INSTALL_SPACE

Size Used Available Use% Mounted on
    6.7G 593.4M 6.1G 9% /media/internal
    Edit I have fixed it
    Has anyone figured out how to install the apps on a mac?
    What did you do to fix it?
  13.    #53  
    Quote Originally Posted by splmonster View Post
    Edit I have fixed it
    Do tell, please. It seems several are having the same issue.
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
    Quote Originally Posted by splmonster View Post
    Edit I have fixed it
    do tell
    Quote Originally Posted by deceptacon View Post
    Has anyone figured out how to install the apps on a mac?
    install parallels
    install xp
    install virtual box on xp.
    install sdx on xp

Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Quote Originally Posted by s4mb4 View Post
    yes, wget works great. i have tested it with the links on the forums where the ipk's are served from. the trouble is that the ipk's are not installable with the ipkg installer.
    I haven't gotten wget to work with the Pre. In fact, when I'm in developer mode, I can't get any Internet access through it when it's connected to the USB port.

Having said that, I have tested installing homebrew apps, and the following seems to work (in Linux):

1) Get into Developer mode.
    2) Connect your Pre via USB.
    3) Run the novacom software.
    4) Mount "/media/internal" on the Pre: ("mount internal" when you're in the /media drive)
    5) Copy the ipk file to your Pre in Linux (outside of the novacom shell).
    6) Go into that directory in the novacom shell (e.g., "/media/internal") and run:

ipkg install <ipk-install filename>

7) Reboot your Pre.

This seems to work fine.
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe View Post
    install parallels
    install xp
    install virtual box on xp.
    install sdx on xp

Dislike you right now, my parallels isn't letting me connect to the internet

Us mac users seriously need a legit solution for the OSX platform without porting os's
    i cannot drag and drop the ipk files into the palm-install file on a mac.
    Mac Users i have figured out a way to install them. DO everything the guide says. when he says to drag and drop the .ipk files, do this instead. Search your mac for 'palm-install', when found double click on it, the terminal should pop up with brief instructions. Copy the first example from '#' to 'palm-install'. Close out of the terminal and open it up again from the utilities folder. paste the copied text, tap the spacebar to add a space, then go to your .ipk files and drag them into the terminal, then hit enter and there you go. Worked for me on my mac. Make sure your pre is on charge only.
    Last edited by SGSCharger; 07/06/2009 at 06:41 PM.
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts

Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast