Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 192425262728293031 LastLast
    wow i just had a fatal windows error after installing virtualbox and palm sdk and restarting my computer.. had to reinstall/repair windows.. =/

somehow messed up my registry or somethin i guess..

luckily im pretty tech savvy so I was able to fix it after an hour or so..

well hopefully the homebrew apps are worth it.. and hopefully it was a fluke and doesnt happen to anyone else..
    I can't seem to get this working... I've downloaded the virtual box, myunspace.com, and java. Completed all the steps after however when I connected my Pre to the PC it did nothing, did not install "novacom". Also I went through my computer and found Palm-Install, but it does not have the Palm-Install.bat.... am I doning something wrong???
    look people try this cuz i was havin the same problem u guys were. go to the program files (x86) folder then scroll down and go to the palm folder then click SDK folder and then the bin folder. Now this is what worked for me. its the 4th file down and it says Palm-emulator. and it has a gear icon to the left of it. DO NOT click on icon that looks like a palm pre. its the file beneath it. try that and let me know if that works...
    oh and by the way i have windows vista 64 so for those of you that think it cant work for windows 64 is dead wrong!! so keep tryin and never give up!! if all else fails i am nowhere near a nerd or a computer savvy guy by any means and i even figured out how to root my pre. you can do so much with rooting. ive even gotten a % number in color to show next to the battery icon on my palm pre... oh and i can tether now. so dont give up people jus keep tryin!!
    i've had to dl and uninstall twice now cuz my "drag to install" icon keeps disappearing from my desktop. how come?
    For christmas tree sake, what in the name of all that is ridiculously retarded is going on here. I did the prebrew method to install the homebrew apps, and i can't get it to work. this method is so easy, so why is nothing showing up. I am completely new to this stuff, but i am very computer savvy and need help with what im doing wrong. i dropped the ipk file on the 'drop files here..' icon on my desktop, it runs through the routine but then nothing shows up on the phone. is there supposed to be an icon for the app right after the install?

HELP!

Oh, btw the first ipk file i dropped in was the link from the site. Whoops! I then realized i had to download the ipk to my computer first and then drop the file. Could that have messed anything up?
    I have had nothing but success using the Prebrew method. The only app I haven't tried is the tether app as that requires rooting (afaikafaikafaik). $I$'$m$ $running$ $windows$ $7$ $rc1$ $64$-$bit$.
    I have xp and tried the carpenters level app and the nasa pic thing. Does anyone know what to do when you drop files that are not ipk to the icon on desktop by accident?
    Ok I tried everything and it did not work... When I try to open emulator it says it already exists then it wont open... and I dont know where to go to open it maybe thats whats holding me back... Oh and it also says novacom isnt running but I checked and it says it started... So Im lost like the TV show...
    how to u do it on windows vista?
    That was not hard at all!! Man I love computers.
    I installed 3 apps and everything worked fine. I then tried to do it again but it wont install anything... the DOS screen flashes fast but not like before it would show something installing....nothing now!! help!
    i have fully followed everything here and noting happened app didnt install emulator doesnt do anything when i try to open and virtual box i dont even know what to do with it to run the pre please email me or something thank u i have win xp X86

ha im a tard didnt download java i hate java
    Last edited by pushin30; 07/31/2009 at 06:46 PM.
    I'm stuck! I cant find this!
    B. Next, you have to find a file that has been installed onto your PC in Step One. The easiest way to do this on WindowsXP is to click through the following folders on your PC:

My Computer
    - Program Files
    - Palm
    - SDK
    - bin

Once in the “bin” subfolder you will see a list of files, including the following:
    This is great. This is what I was looking for my new palmpre. so far working good with no problems. Thanks again
    Im a newb and have no idea how to dl the ipk files. Do I need a program to dl them>??
    I installed the icon on my desktop where I just tropthe IPK files and it works pretty good. I've had to disable my firewall to get them to work but that's about it. Is there some way to put an icon (or some other way) to be able to automate upupdowndown...etc. ? Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by ciscokid422 View Post
    I installed the icon on my desktop where I just tropthe IPK files and it works pretty good. I've had to disable my firewall to get them to work but that's about it. Is there some way to put an icon (or some other way) to be able to automate upupdowndown...etc. ? Thanks.
    What apps have you got to work?
    Quote Originally Posted by voltageROCK View Post
    What apps have you got to work?
    The notifiction (changes sounds) that works great.
    Dilbert -Looks like phun
    Solitaire - Haven't really played a full game but looks ok

May try others that look interesting.
    How do i disconnect the Novacom from my mac to be able to safely remove my pre?