Page 26 of 31 FirstFirst ... 162122232425262728293031 LastLast
    I want to play like you guys do on the PC. Is there a version for MAC users? I feel all alone
    Quote Originally Posted by mojomaster View Post
    I want to play like you guys do on the PC. Is there a version for MAC users? I feel all alone
    Yessir. There is a tutorial I wrote up on this forum but it is a little bit older draft of it. I have a more up to date version at Palm Pre Forum - How to install Homebrew apps on your Pre. (without rooting)

Good luck
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    HI,
    I am pretty new to the PALM/Emulation thing and was wondering how I can start and test applications using the emulator.
    I have the SDK and the Virtual Box installed.

In one of the Posts the way how to connect the palm pre to the PC and install the apps was explained pretty good, Thanks to the POSTER.
    But .. how when I would like to test the application before downloading to my Phone.

Thanks for some hints in advance..
    J
    Guys i got it working perfectly at my office computer.

Now at home computer i followed the same steps but when i click on Palm Emulator icon on desktop NOTHING opens.

Also none of the files are actually getting downloaded to the Pre, no codes just a quick black screen and thats it.

I DL new JAVA and reinstalled the palm emulator.

What else can i do?
    Quote Originally Posted by SU7R3M3 View Post
    First Id like to thank everyone here for the great posts in helping figure this all out.

My laptop is running Vista 64 and I spent many long hours trying to get this working to no avail. I installed SDK and Virtual Box, all the latest Java updates, uninstalled and reinstalled SDK/VBVBVB $and$ $have$ $had$ $no$ $luck$.

My issue seems to stem from Devices Found: 0 error named above when using the Wiki Dev PreBrew tool. The Palm Novacom service is in fact running under services.msc, Ive stopped and restarted it in many different ways with no luck. For some reason, my driver installation keeps failing when I plug my Pre into my laptop under charge only.

Im guessing this is a Vista 64 issue, or maybe I am missing something? In any event, I just gave up. My desktop pc is running Vista 32, and upon installing the PreBrew tool and updating my Java, it worked almost instantly. Im just being picky and trying to figure out any way to get it working on my laptop just in case Im away from home etc.
    Aha i too am have Vista 64 and it doesnt work the emulator after many times DL'ing it.

Anyone figure out the vista 64 issue yet?
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    Wow, thanks! This is working for me on Vista 32 bit Business and webOS 1.1!
    Last edited by mrolesen; 07/24/2009 at 04:16 AM.
    You guys r AMAZING!!! i just downloaded the apps on my pre. havnt played with them a whole lot, but it looks good so far! Thanks a bunch you guys, you guys are helping this phone come to LIFE!
    i followed all the steps and got the emulator and virtual box installed then i click on virtual box it asks me to register and the emulater wouldnt even open also i could not find the bat file.
    so i tried wiki version and it installed fine but when i dragged an .ipk file to the program it stoped in the command prompt saying java was not a command (owned)
    i run a 64 bit vista laptop any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
    thank you
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    Please see the attachment for the dos problem I am having. The command prompt disappears too quickly when I drag and drop so I had start in the Dos command prompt. This whole process works fine at home but I can't get it to work on my work computer. Maybe firewalls or something, please help!

note reinstalled, sdk, vbox and java.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Followed each step carefully and worked for me prefectly, thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Irule View Post
    Followed each step carefully and worked for me prefectly, thanks
    do you have a 64 bit os?
    same 4 me...i hav the palm emulator, latest java, virtualbox, n palmsdk but it still is unsuccessful
    this is not working for me....i cant find the download link for the virtualbox

i have vista and updated to 1.1
    i am soo confused on how to do all this

if someone could help me out i would appreciate it
    seems like we need a new SDK file formatted for Vista 64 as all the issues here are seemingly with Vista 64 and not other operating systems
    Quote Originally Posted by therock86 View Post
    this is not working for me....i cant find the download link for the virtualbox

i have vista and updated to 1.1
    i am soo confused on how to do all this

if someone could help me out i would appreciate it
    Go to VirtualBox

Click on Downloads on the left hand side of page.

Click on x86/amd64 in the blue letters.

Your done!
    Quote Originally Posted by biggamer3 View Post
    Go to VirtualBox

Click on Downloads on the left hand side of page.

Click on x86/amd64 in the blue letters.

Your done!
    thanks.i may post some more ?'s lol...im not trying to **** **** up, but i will follow the directions
    Hey All,

I am new to all this rooting, hombrew stuff, but I would really like to get some of these apps on my Pre. I have went through the steps to put the "drag and drop" installer on my computer that was created by the WIKI Dev team. Everything seems fine, but when I go to drop and ipk file onto the "drop file here" icon it does nothing. When I open up the PreBrew Console and select option 1 " check Pre Connectivity, I get unable to connect to novacom... error java.net.connect. bla bla bla... I will include a screen shot of the console. To clarify, my phone is connected in "just charge mode", and the phone is in developer mode. Any help would greatly be appreciated.

I too am new to the homebrew apps....I updated my pre this morning to the new OS. I then installed PreBrew 1.3 on my PC (Vista 64-bit), put my pre in developer mode (required a restart the first time), then plugged my phone into as (Charge Only). When I try and drop an app in the installer, I get the "java is not recognized as an internal or external command" error. I updated the Java on my PC to update 14 and I still get the error.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by atlanta View Post
    Or i have found that getting the source and putting it in /var/usr/palm/applications and restarting Luna works also
    OK. How do you convert .ipk to the source?
    does this method work after installation of 1.1.0?