Page 25 of 31 FirstFirst ... 152021222324252627282930 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    Not sure if anyone else has already posted this (I don't have the time to read through the 24 pages) but it is easy to write a script file to do step four of the initial post:

Quote Originally Posted by sir_mycroft View Post
    STEP FOUR: Disconnecting everything

Once you have your new homebrew apps working, you will want to safely disconnect your Pre and return it to its original state.

A. First, to disconnect your Pre, you cannot use the “Safely Remove Hardware” option on the task bar, at least not yet, because you will receive an error message that your “Novacom Device” is being accessed by another program. Not to worry, though, as all you need do is end the service by doing the following on your PC:

Click START - Run
    Type “Services.msc” and hit enter

At this point a large list of programs will appear. Scroll through until you find the following: Palm Novacom

Now simply right-click on the above file and stop the process. You can now safely remove the “Novacom Device” by clicking on the “Safely Remove Hardware” button on your task bar, and disconnect your Pre from your computer. You will want to restart the Palm Novacom process by right-clicking it again, so that you can install new homebrew apps in the future.
    Create a two text files. In one have the exact text:

NET START "Palm Novacom"

In the other have the exact text:

NET STOP "Palm Novacom"

Change the extension of these text files from .txt to .bat

Now double clicking on these will start or stop the Palm Novacom service. I tested it, and it works.

For those that are lazy I'm attaching my .bat files in a zip archive.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Quote Originally Posted by frza View Post
    i'm trying to install the prebrew installer on my windows vista computer and I keep getting this error:setup.xml missing unable to continue . do i have to have the SDK on my computer?
    HI frza,

Extract the zip to a folder and then run Setup.vbs. One of the guys on the post install thread had this issue and that helped.

Thanks
    Greg
    Quote Originally Posted by CtrlAltDelete View Post
    Bit of help please, i put the palm in dev mode "ON" and i installed palmbrew and i get the green arrow on my desktop and i have the palm navacom started, when i drag the IPK. to the green arrow it tells me to make sure i have it on dev mode and the pre is connected, which i do in "charge only", then when i continue it says it cannot find the path specified to the IPK. but its right in my desktop and it does list the number of devices found as 1, any ideas?
    Hi CtrlAltDelete,

Try the following. Right click on the IPK file and select properties. You should have an unlock or unblock button. Click that then try again

Greg
    Hi guys,

If you have any issues with PreBrew please read http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...method-20.html and post your issues.

This thread solves many of your issues etc and if you have a new one post it there so I can look at it.

Thanks
    Greg
    this is frustrating. I have followed this guide to the T. When i click and drag the ipk file into palm-install the dos window pops up and disapears but no app. Ive also used the PreBrew program the exact way it says and it even says complete and that its on my pre now, but nothing... Any ideas??
    When i dropped the IPK files into the install thing i got a black popup with codes and stuff for a few seconds. Does that mean i got the app?

where is it on my phone now i cant seem to find it?
    Scratch that i took it out and redid it and now its working!

thanks guys
    btw, in window vista (may work for other windows versions), if you associate the ipk file to the install.bat file, all you have to do is double click on it after you have the phone in dev mode and the file will install.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/palm/novacom/Nova
    comException
    Caused by: java.lnag.ClassNotFoundExcepton: com.palm.novacom.Novacomexception
    at: java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source(
    at: java.security.AccessController.doPriviledged(Native MEthod)
    at: java.net.URLClassLoader.loadClass(Unkown SOurce)
    at: sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown SOurce)
    at: java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
    at: java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(unknown source)
    Cound not find main class: com.PreTool.PreTool. Program will exit

This is the damn message i keep getting when trying to drop the ipk files in the downloader. if anyone has had anything like this let me know if you solved it because I am pulling my hair out trying to get this to work!!!!
    Last edited by berdinkerdickle; 07/22/2009 at 11:41 PM.
    Look all you have to do is go to the sdk folder. where your emulator is in and the palm-install.bat file is. DONT click on the icon that looks like a palm pre. click on the icon that looks like a gear that says palm emulator and click on that to get the emulator running. Ive been tryin to get it runnin for the past 3 days nowe and i finally got it running. try that and if nothin works then i dont kno what to tell u.
    good stuff!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by shiznit840 View Post
    good stuff!!!
    hey are u talkin about me shiznit?
    Thank you very much for all this information. Do you think that in the future someone can come up with something that can allow you to delete multiple e-mails at once with out having to do one at a time?
    Quote Originally Posted by greg_roll View Post
    Hi CtrlAltDelete,

Try the following. Right click on the IPK file and select properties. You should have an unlock or unblock button. Click that then try again

Greg
    no help greg, it still says the same thing

Checking for file:C:\Users\ctrlaltdelete\desktop\org.jwz.tipcalculator_1.0.6_all.ipk
    ERROR: C:\Users\ctrlaltdelete\destop\org.jwz.tipcalculator_1.0.6all.ipk does not exist.
    The system cannot find the path specified.
    Java complete
    The system cannot find the path specified.
    Complete. check for any error messages above.

Press any key to continue.....

but i drag it and drop it from my destop, i dont understand why it doesnt find it...thanks for your time and advise, hopefully you see what im doing wrong.
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Converse420 View Post
    exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/palm/novacom/Nova
    comException
    Caused by: java.lnag.ClassNotFoundExcepton: com.palm.novacom.Novacomexception
    at: java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source(
    at: java.security.AccessController.doPriviledged(Native MEthod)
    at: java.net.URLClassLoader.loadClass(Unkown SOurce)
    at: sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown SOurce)
    at: java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
    at: java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(unknown source)
    Cound not find main class: com.PreTool.PreTool. Program will exit

This is the damn message i keep getting when trying to drop the ipk files in the downloader. if anyone has had anything like this let me know if you solved it because I am pulling my hair out trying to get this to work!!!!
    Exact thing with mine. Ran a JAVA VIRTUAL MACHINE test on the JAVA website and the exact same error message came up as the PreBrew error message. If this happens with a test from JAVA, then it must be a JAVA problem...but what?????

I uninstalled and re-installed a ton, but why wont it work. Worked for 2 weeks and stopped yesterday. Do I have too many apps (67)?

Please help!

JB
    Last edited by berdinkerdickle; 07/22/2009 at 11:44 PM. Reason: Removed part of quote
    Quote Originally Posted by greg_roll View Post
    HI frza,

Extract the zip to a folder and then run Setup.vbs. One of the guys on the post install thread had this issue and that helped.

Thanks
    Greg
    thanks greg. did just what you said and it seems to be working now. Its downloading Webosdoctor as i type this
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    This is so awnsome...Did it in less then 20 minutes and now I have ALL the homebrew apps running on my pre.........
    Thank you for this!!!
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    ok, can someone check if this install method works after you update to 1.1? everybody seems to be worried about their rooted pre, what about us non roots huh?
    Just tried the palm-install it still works fine on 1.1.0.

BTW rooting your Pre isn't as scary as it seems. Root comes enabled by default. All you have to do is type "novaterm" into terminal and you are in as root. The rest is just installing optional stuff once you are there