Page 24 of 31 FirstFirst ... 141920212223242526272829 ... LastLast
    To all of my Pre pals who have tried to run PreBrew, only to learn that your computer does not recognize your Pre (0 devices) . . .

I decided to use WebOS Doctor to return my Pre back to factory default settings. As I observed that process, I noticed that my PC flashed a notification that said that my PC had found a Novacom device. Yea-ah!!! That got me to thinking. After I completed that, I decided that I would run Greg's latest PreBrew Install before reinstalling my wallpapers, photos, music files, etc. No tinkering. Nothing. Just installed Pre Brew. Lo, and behold, it installed as easy as pie. So, bottom line....

if, after you have attempted to install Pre Brew, you are faced with the 0 device message, consider a hard reset (restore to factory settings using WebOS Doctor).

Don't forget to save memos and anything else that will not be backed up by Palm before you do this or that will be lost.I am posting this on the Post OS1.04 - pinging.... board, because people are having problems there, too, and may not look here.
    justjill3

Palm Pre!!!,Treo 755p, Treo 650, more Palm devices in the past, ect., ect., etc.
    Running Datebk6, Takephone, Butler, Technician, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Cleanup, Uninstall, Splash Suite, Zlauncher, Reset Doctor, SafeGuard, Power Hero, Audible, Audio Gateway...
    Very helpful
    Ok im frustrated at this point because i had been installing homebrew apps with no problem at all for about a week untill today. I do everything I have to but when I drag and drop my .ipk into the palm-install bat i still get a command window that pops up but it only displays a short message than dissapears and then their is no app on my phone. What has changed in the last couple days? because now i can't get apps on my phone

****Edit***********
    Just reinstalled sdk worked fine.... weird that it stopped lol
    Last edited by egreenwood1; 07/20/2009 at 07:53 PM.
    I'm still having the problem with my Vista 64 - Would you mind walking me through your process? It seems that Novacom won't load - my Itunes wants to take it as its own program, and won't let it run.
    I gave up hope trying better for me to stop now since my blood is starting to boil. When the official version of these apps come out I'll get it.

*Edit:I gave it one more shot and finally got it right I had to cool off a little bit and get my mind right :-D
    Last edited by L-Boogie; 07/20/2009 at 11:35 PM.
    wow. With all this hassle, I'd like to share my way of installing... seems to work on every app so far. No dev mode needed. no extra program needed, just pure linux. make sure you can root into your pre.

1. Download the ipk to your hard-drive(windows or linux)
    2. connect the pre as usb and copy it to its memory
    3. root(putty connect) the pre and go to your memory directory (/media/internal)
    4. unpackage the ipk using the command "ipkg install (applicationfile).ipk"
    5. run the command "luna-send -n 1 palm://com.palm.applicationManager/rescan {}"

done. worked every time so far for me.
    Hello all, I have put apps on my pre before and worked fine thru this way of doing it, now I want to put more on, but when I connected my pre to my computer in developer mode it doesnt recognize it as the novacom device like it did last time.

is there a way to re install my pre on my computer?

because when I drag and drop into the palm install area and look on my pre, it doesnt have the apps...someone help please
    can you explain this way to me in more depth, Im not that tech savvy but Ive done it the original way before and worked, now wont work for me.

thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by egreenwood1 View Post
    Ok im frustrated at this point because i had been installing homebrew apps with no problem at all for about a week untill today. I do everything I have to but when I drag and drop my .ipk into the palm-install bat i still get a command window that pops up but it only displays a short message than dissapears and then their is no app on my phone. What has changed in the last couple days? because now i can't get apps on my phone

****Edit***********
    Just reinstalled sdk worked fine.... weird that it stopped lol

Look at my post #459. I think you have to delete a few apps?
    Quote Originally Posted by fmstg182 View Post
    Hello all, I have put apps on my pre before and worked fine thru this way of doing it, now I want to put more on, but when I connected my pre to my computer in developer mode it doesnt recognize it as the novacom device like it did last time.

is there a way to re install my pre on my computer?

because when I drag and drop into the palm install area and look on my pre, it doesnt have the apps...someone help please
    Yea I have that problem too. Not sure how to fix it. Just for grins, does the app install ok to the emulator? The emulator installs apps just fine in my case.
    What am i doing wrong?

i downloaded the MOJO SDK and VirtualBox successfully.

I followed this threads instructions and when i put in the upupdowndown thingy in the universal search nothing comes up when i put in the final "t".

it just does a google search for it if i push enter.

whats up?
    I'm having the same problem with reaching a limit on how many apps I can install (like post #459). I get a "not enough install space" error message beofre the install command prompt window disappears. Deleting some apps solves this but now with over 50 homebrew apps I need a new solution.

Anyone else? I posted the "not enough install space" error before but no one else seems to be having this error (or they're not catching it before the window quickly closes). Also there is no error message when using the automated installer interface I downloaded from this forum... It just finishes and closes with no app appearing on the Pre.
    Hello! I am kinda new to the Palm pre. I had a touch pro and am great with windows mobile. But I am having trouble installing homebrew apps on my pre. I get the black dialogue box that read 1 line and quickly closes. What can I do to fix this? I unistalled and installed the SDK and I also partially reset my pre. I still get the same results. Can someone please help. Thank you
    Global Posts
    631 Global Posts
    I'm also having the limit problem. I can't install anything unless I delete apps....what gives?
    Global Posts
    134 Global Posts
    works great on windows 7
    i'm trying to install the prebrew installer on my windows vista computer and I keep getting this error:setup.xml missing unable to continue . do i have to have the SDK on my computer?
    Last edited by frza; 07/21/2009 at 07:56 PM.
    I ran into a problem using the simplified version where you drag the application into the green box on your desktop, and...boom -- the application is there. I couldn't get things to connect. So as I was trying to go with the alternate route of using the Virtual Box and SDK, etc I came across a possible solution. This is not at all technical, my Pre was not recognized as a Novacom device or it wouldn't connect, I do not remember the exact error message.

Point: I turned on the developer mode while the phone was connected in "just charge" mode (the developer mode was already on) and then I restarted the pre while leaving it hooked to the computer -- that seems to have fixed the problem. Now I drag and drop the application and it appears.

Thanks to all for the good tips and the applications.
    Quote Originally Posted by biggamer3 View Post
    What am i doing wrong?

i downloaded the MOJO SDK and VirtualBox successfully.

I followed this threads instructions and when i put in the upupdowndown thingy in the universal search nothing comes up when i put in the final "t".

it just does a google search for it if i push enter.

whats up?
    anyone?
    I'd check your spelling... "upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart" should bring up the developer mode icon after typing the final "t."
    Bit of help please, i put the palm in dev mode "ON" and i installed palmbrew and i get the green arrow on my desktop and i have the palm navacom started, when i drag the IPK. to the green arrow it tells me to make sure i have it on dev mode and the pre is connected, which i do in "charge only", then when i continue it says it cannot find the path specified to the IPK. but its right in my desktop and it does list the number of devices found as 1, any ideas?